Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updated the stock ROM. Check the OP for details.
    Freaktab Rom Developer

Subscribe To My Developer Thread For Updates On My Projects: ShaunMT

https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by shaunmt View Post
      Updated the stock ROM. Check the OP for details.
      I just flashed my nx008hd8g with the updated files. I have hdmi out using unis beta and mxplayer. Looking foreward to your other mods on this system!

Comment

Originally posted by gimgimp View Post
        I just flashed my nx008hd8g with the updated files. I have hdmi out using unis beta and mxplayer. Looking foreward to your other mods on this system!
        Glad it worked for you and thanks for confirming HDMI out works. I can not get it to work on my tablet. I think my HDMI port is bad. I'm going to try to exchange my tablet.

It may be awhile before my next release, but it will be epic!

ShaunMT
        Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

May have spoken too soon. Worked great at first, then pauses. Checking wifi at that time shows signal strength poor. Canceling out of wifi makes signal strength normal. I was not charging at the time.

Comment

May have spoken too soon. Worked great at first, then pauses. Checking wifi at that time shows signal strength poor. Canceling out of wifi makes signal strength normal.
            There are no changes to the ROM at all. Assuming you installed it on the correct tablet, it should be exactly the same. I've flashed it repeatedly on mine.

ShaunMT
            Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

If cancelling out of wifi and going back makes the signal strength better, try deleting system cache.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabid1 View Post
                If cancelling out of wifi and going back makes the signal strength better, try deleting system cache.
                Good suggestion.

I've been staring at source code too long tonight... I think I'm gonna play some xbox and then call it a night.

ShaunMT
                Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

Good suggestion.

I've been staring at source code too long tonight... I think I'm gonna play some xbox and then call it a night.

ShaunMT
                  Lately when I close my eyes all I see is the inside of init.rc. LOL. I just fired up my 360 for the 1st time in over 2 years. Time for some Red Dead Redemption.

Comment

Sorry about that, meant to say that hdmi output while streaming video caches. Checking wifi at that time shows poor signal.

Comment

Sorry about that, meant to say that hdmi output while streaming video caches. Checking wifi at that time shows poor signal.
                      I think someone else reported that with the Next8HD8G. Unfortunately, HDMI out doesn't work at all on my Next8HD8G, that's why I'm planning to exchange it. The HDMI cable isn't even recognized when plugged in.

My Next8P12 streams perfectly once the HDMI signal is properly synced. (Sometime have to unplug and replug a few times first) I normally have a very strong WiFi signal on all my devices though.

I'll report results of my Next8HD8G if I manage to get it replaced.

ShaunMT
                      Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I have a romdump of my previous system and have converted it to the update zip. Build prop shows a later build number. I was wanting to see if the issue with wifi was present on a later build. I am having problems getting the signature to verify. I have used jarsigner, testsign, zipsigner.apk with testkey. No success. Could you point me to a post or prog to sign the zip for use in this updater?

Comment

I have a romdump of my previous system and have converted it to the update zip. Build prop shows a later build number. I was wanting to see if the issue with wifi was present on a later build. I am having problems getting the signature to verify. I have used jarsigner, testsign, zipsigner.apk with testkey. No success. Could you point me to a post or prog to sign the zip for use in this updater?
                          I don't recall where I got my signing script. If you want to upload it to drop box or google drive and point me to it, I'd be happy to zip and sign it and re-upload it.

ShaunMT
                          Freaktab Rom Developer

Comment

I don't recall where I got my signing script. If you want to upload it to drop box or google drive and point me to it, I'd be happy to zip and sign it and re-upload it.

ShaunMT
                            I opened an account on dropbox and I am uploading the romdump to it now. Don't know how to share links yet lol

Comment

What kind of wi-fi problems were you having. I just exchanged my NX008HD8G because I was sometimes having trouble getting the wi-fi to turn on and off. At the same time it seemed the external sdcard was not getting mounted at the same time. Whenever one wasn't working the other wouldn't either. It was annoying and I am not having any problems with the one I exchanged with. What is the build number yours shows?

Comment

Here is the link to the romdump
                                https://www.dropbox.com/s/0kmdhzbvdp7g378/romdump.zip

Comment

Working...
                                X