Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Delicious Cake View Post
    I'm considering buying one of these X96 MAX (S905X2) boxes, but due to how often the sellers of these devices list conflicting information & false advertising on the item's page, as almost all of them are just the same copypasta garbage of one another, I would like some actual clarification on the hardware from reliable sources.

Specifically, I need to know if the 2GB/16GB model has 5GHz WIFI capability and if it is, this is the default capability of its WIFI radio (as in, all the boxes are b/g/n/ac compatible) or is something that cannot be assumed and needs to be specifically checked for with each listing.

From what I can tell, it seems the 4GB/32GB & 4GB/64GB models do support 2.4GHz/5GHz WIFI, however this isn't clear for the 2GB/16GB. I'm aware that the easy solution is to spend more money on one of the 4GB RAM boxes to 'guarantee' the feature, but that extra internal storage is pretty much a meaningless additional expense with regards to its primary intended usage - a device which can run acestream natively (as in, both the ace engine part + the video player part by itself) & output that to a TV. The area it'll be located in won't have access to an ethernet line and has very poor 2.4GHz reception.
    I have the 2/16 model it only has 2.4ghz also no bluetooth, although i get very good speeds 66mb randomly the wifi drops can happen in few hours and need to fully restart the box to get wifi working again, tried all sorts of roms and still not fixed

Comment

Why would more storage space be needed with acestream? I thought it was recommended to avoid letting it cache to disk.

Regarding the price, I know it might seem like a "small" mark-up to most people, however my issue with it is that not only am I unlikely going to be needing any of the storage space in the first place (if there was such a thing as a 4GB or 8GB storage model, I'd probably get that tbh as long as it had 2GB or more RAM), but the cost of one of these X96 Max devices is already approaching or at the same as my fall-back solution: a 2nd-hand Z3/Z3C (because it has an alternative/non-USB dependent charging/power option) & a MHL dongle to simply mirror its screen onto the TV.

---

​​​​​​@uscool thanks for the info
      Last edited by Delicious Cake; 04-28-2019, 19:48.

Comment

Originally posted by Delicious Cake View Post
        Why would more storage space be needed with acestream? I thought it was recommended to avoid letting it cache to disk.

Regarding the price, I know it might seem like a "small" mark-up to most people, however my issue with it is that not only am I unlikely going to be needing any of the storage space in the first place (if there was such a thing as a 4GB or 8GB storage model, I'd probably get that tbh as long as it had 2GB or more RAM), but the cost of one of these X96 Max devices is already approaching or at the same as my fall-back solution: a 2nd-hand Z3/Z3C (because it has an alternative/non-USB dependent charging/power option) & a MHL dongle to simply mirror its screen onto the TV.

---

​​​​​​@uscool thanks for the info
        It is not always recommended to avoid it caching to disk. Also the extra ram will be far more beneficial if you aren't caching to disk as the 2 gig version will only have 600 megs or so available.

Comment

two x96max 4/32 drop dead on me with no video, led panel works, says boot update the time to utc+3 but black screen on tv no video signals detected. Anyone got this problem or everyone's device working flawlessly, is it my bad luck or reseller sends me refurbished devices? Would you please advise because the device in terms of power was magnificient and problemless with xanny's atv v4 rom.

Comment

I tried Xannytech's new firmware to see if it would fix my issues with the SPDIF port, and to no avail. As I am not the only one with this issue, it's fairly obvious it's a hardware problem and these boxes are garbage tier. Not even 3-4 months old and broken. No point in sending back to gearbest as shipping to China is stupid expensive.

I would strongly suggest anyone thinking of buying this box to not.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuno View Post
              I tried Xannytech's new firmware to see if it would fix my issues with the SPDIF port, and to no avail. As I am not the only one with this issue, it's fairly obvious it's a hardware problem and these boxes are garbage tier. Not even 3-4 months old and broken. No point in sending back to gearbest as shipping to China is stupid expensive.

I would strongly suggest anyone thinking of buying this box to not.
              You are lucky that only spdif not working...

Comment

hi
                i dont lke the update X96MAX_V311_20190302-1355 so any one have a better thant this !!!!

Comment

There is new update 20190315 for 2/16gb model, probably same for 4gb models. Anyone tried it?

Comment

Use this box with a hdmi surge/esd protector dongle, otherwise you will have a no video box like me (twice)

Comment

Originally posted by metabesk View Post
                      Use this box with a hdmi surge/esd protector dongle, otherwise you will have a no video box like me (twice)
                      What?! Its the first time I hear that tv box need esd protector dongle. Can you explain please? Is it because of the update?

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaign View Post

What?! Its the first time I hear that tv box need esd protector dongle. Can you explain please? Is it because of the update?
                        No it is a hardware problem, these chinese cheap boxes doesnt have built in protection for hdmi surge, normally your tvs or monitor have. I think most of these boxes havent the protection but x96max for sure

Comment

You must be charged negatively

Comment

No it is a hardware problem, these chinese cheap boxes doesnt have built in protection for hdmi surge, normally your tvs or monitor have. I think most of these boxes havent the protection but x96max for sure
                            Hmm didn't know about this. So is this happening because of the update? Because I successfuly managed to unbrick couple of this boxes without any hdmi surge protector...

Comment

If optical out is turned on and you still have no sound or you experience sound drops, this might help:

You have to pull the inside of the optic wire a little further out of the connector so that is goes deeper into the device/optical output connector. I think the distance between the light that transmits the signal and the wire that receives it is too big, because the light is too deep in the box.

I?m not sure if this is the reason for the problems many have, but this action solved the problems I had with the optical output.

Comment

Originally posted by nikolaign View Post

Hmm didn't know about this. So is this happening because of the update? Because I successfuly managed to unbrick couple of this boxes without any hdmi surge protector...
                                The box isnt electrically isolated this has nothing to do with bricked box.

Comment

Working...
                                X