Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Mecool KM9, but it's internal wifi is awful. It's only 2.4 Ghz and I only get 4Mb down from my router. I'd like to buy a usb wifi adapter that supports 5.8 AC. Would it even recognize it and if it did, would it be able to bypass it's internal wifi and use the external one somehow?
    or
    Do you have a hardware Wi-Fi mode suggestion for this device? Or is the WiFi problem software?
    Last edited by endera; 12-18-2018, 13:24.

Comment

Hello Magendanz no it s not missing any letter i have write only the end of name of firmware mine is 20181109 END LETTER

you speak there s prob with you second firmware with wifi prb permission extf4s then it s better to take KM9_OPM1.171019.011 V0828.20181122_normal.img.zip

to flash with usb burning tools exact ??

and is there any people take this firmware and say to netflix is similar same problem

and the technic for modify buil prop for write information same as fire stick tv

is it ok

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The WiFi issue was caused by an incomplete file contexts applying permissions and is now fixed. You can use either the default (sparse) or normal burn packages, but the default ones will flash faster.

Thanks Magendanz for OTA update

you want to know with your update TRWP is inside ??

and after if i reboot in recovery mode i m arrived on TRWP MENU

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The KM9-ota-V0828.20181122.zip should just have the OEM firmware, and the only change I made was in the update script to allow it to downgrade or run in TWRP. The recovery in that firmware update is the standard OEM recovery, not TWRP.

To install TWRP, there's a twrp.u211-3.2.3-0-signed.zip that you can install in the UPDATE app, though.

It seems anybody that asks for basic info (OTA, img, Bluetooth etc.) gets ignored on here?

If you feel like moaning that the KM9 does not do Netflix HD or 4k this, that and the other, then you get no end of responses.

I thought this was a general discussion on this particular device and not solely based on its ability (or not) to work with Netflix?

Comment

Hello Magendanz you say : " To install TWRP, there's a twrp.u211-3.2.3-0-signed.zip that you can install in the UPDATE app, though. "

have you web link ??

one question if i buy KM9 with android classic and remote control classic i suppose it s possible to install your FIRMWARE android tv INSIDE

Comment

Guest commented
          Editing a comment
          Well, when I make it available, you should be able to flash my Nexus custom ROMs. They come in ATV (TVStock) and non-ATV (Nano, Stock) variants. The OEM firmware is ATV in this case and so the changes for TVStock should be pretty minimal. It's not like the GT1 Mini and S95 that have those ugly OEM launchers.

And for the TWRP link, just search for my earlier post.

Who uses Netflix anyway. Download Kodi, download Magic Dragon and/or Exodus add-ons, buy Real-Debrid subscription and look on Youtube how to link it with your add-on.
        I have bought 2 devices for me and my friend from Geekbuying (Poland warehouse), and box is working perfectly so far. Voice remote works great, GUI is smooth, 4K videos on Youtube work flawless, Kodi works great.

I would never buy Mi Box S if I wanted snappy and fast performing box. Buy that only if you want to have box with all certificates.

Comment

Originally posted by frenkovka View Post
          Who uses Netflix anyway. Download Kodi, download Magic Dragon and/or Exodus add-ons, buy Real-Debrid subscription and look on Youtube how to link it with your add-on.
          I have bought 2 devices for me and my friend from Geekbuying (Poland warehouse), and box is working perfectly so far. Voice remote works great, GUI is smooth, 4K videos on Youtube work flawless, Kodi works great.

I would never buy Mi Box S if I wanted snappy and fast performing box. Buy that only if you want to have box with all certificates.
          Have you tried before Netflix on HD at least? Those addon you mentioned are good for as long as they last then the cycle for kodi fans starts over and again

I'd agree that mibox is shit other than the proper certification. No ethernet one USB, no rj45 port and above all, less than 4gb available space
          Last edited by Hideiyoshi; 12-20-2018, 01:05.

Comment

Guest work well im flashing with USB Burning Tool 2.1.6.8
            uploaded here with a little instructions how i do http://freaktab.org/4d872d328126e545
            Thanks mate

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Have you tried before Netflix on HD at least? Those addon you mentioned are good for ad long ad the last the the cycle for kodi fans starts over and again

I'd agree that mibox is shit other than the proper certification. No ethernet one USB, no rj45 port Nd above all, less than 4gb available space
              Netflix app fails to start like others have reported. Haven't tried to sideload the apk though. I don't care about Netflix anyway. If I want it, I have it on my smart TV.

Comment

Originally posted by frenkovka View Post

Cyberflix pretty much have all netflix shows and movies . Kodi is too slow.

Comment

Hello Magendanz i see the KM9 now he take 10 15 Euros more in any website
                  my question is for one friend if i take the android classic version with remote normal control is it possible to flash with androidtv version OTA

Comment

Guest commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes, that should be possible, but you'll obviously have difficulting using Google Assistant without the voice remote.

Originally posted by dangchui View Post
                  Hello Magendanz i see the KM9 now he take 10 15 Euros more in any website
                  my question is for one friend if i take the android classic version with remote normal control is it possible to flash with androidtv version OTA
                  Honestly at that price is stay away after this event fiasco on netflix

Comment

Okay, I feel that I've got to chime in here to defend VideoStrong...

The KM9 hardware is the best TV box hardware for the price that's available on the market today. With the Amlogic S905X2 and the u211 reference hardware, you've got Ethernet, 5G WiFi, Bluetooth 4.2, MicroSDXC, LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB eMMC, four decent Cortex-A53 CPU cores and a smooth Mali-G31MP2 GPU. They've also followed our lead here in FreakTab and abandoned the clunky Chinese TV box launcher for a *real* Android TV "Leanback" Launcher. It's now pretty damn close to the curated Android TV experience that Google designed for the Nexus Player and nVidia Shield TV.

They even got Widevine L1 DRM keys from Google to allow many streaming media apps like YouTube TV to play, which is more than any other Chinese ODM has bothered to do. The glaring exception is Xiaomi, but they're running on much weaker hardware and they basically ceded the entire software UI design and device certification to Google.

VideoStrong did drop the ball in three areas:
                    • PlayReady DRM keys, which are required for Amazon Prime Video
                    • Google Cast device certification
                    • Netflix device certification
                    The real problem here is Netflix and their new aggressive white list policy. Device manufacturers are being asked to pony up millions just to obtain Netflix certification, so they can deliver content that Netflix's subscribers are already paying to access. This is what strikes me as wrong!

The enemy here isn't VideoStrong (Mecool), it's Netflix. As a subscriber, I already pay for that content, so they shouldn't be asking me to pay again when I buy an Android TV box. This is the kind of greedy move that monopolies pull when they figure customers have no choice but pay more. There are alternatives, though, and a smart move by VideoStrong would be to add PlayReady DRM so that Amazon Prime Video can offer Netflix some competition on their platform.

Comment

• trebor
                      trebor commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Well said and can agree +1

Hello Magendanz THanks i have find my info ok

then yesterday i have try an other version of NETFLIX here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/i08g9u...donly.apk/file

and with abo of son of my friend yes it s OK

IF you want try then these version is only Video IN 480 P

and a question for Magendanz is it more easy to modify build prop for write model for example AMAZON FIRESTICK TV or other model certified

Comment

Originally posted by dangchui View Post
                      Hello Magendanz THanks i have find my info ok

then yesterday i have try an other version of NETFLIX here : http://www.mediafire.com/file/i08g9u...donly.apk/file

and with abo of son of my friend yes it s OK

IF you want try then these version is only Video IN 480 P

and a question for Magendanz is it more easy to modify build prop for write model for example AMAZON FIRESTICK TV or other model certified

At 480 and 540 Netflix already works. What we want is for it to work in 4K.

Here you have version 540 https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/netfli...-apk-download/

Comment

Working...
                      X