Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL KM9 Android TV Voice Remote Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/32 Dual Wifi Fast lan BT4.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi everyone, is it possible to root KM9 ? My tvbox is unroot. What is the last software version ? Can you share please ? Thanks
    Last edited by offchu; 12-26-2018, 06:52.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
      Here's an initial build of TWRP 3.2.3-0 for the Amlogic u211 reference board: twrp.u211-3.2.3-0.img
      For your convenience, I've also created a signed OTA update that can be installed with the UPDATE app: twrp.u211-3.2.3-0-signed.zip

It's built with the twrp-8.1 minimum OMNI branch and is using a prebuilt GT1 Mini kernel. I've copied source up to the new twrp-8.1 branch in the Amlogic repository for this along with updates for the q201 and p212 reference hardware.
      Hi Magendaz , Is this software had been rooted ? Also how can I installed ? Are there any documentations for show how it can be done ? Thanks for your support.

Comment

Guest commented
        Editing a comment
        The KM9 is not rooted, although other S905X2 boxes like the GT1 Mini come with a root permission setting in the legacy Settings app under More Settings->Developer Settings->Debugging->ROOT Permission. Unfortunately, VideoStrong has hidden the legacy Settings app on this box, and so I can't check to see if this feature is present on the KM9 too.

Until I can confirm, I'd just try Magisk 18.0 from the TWRP I built. However, Superceleron is telling me that it's not working for him.

Originally posted by offchu View Post

Hi Magendaz , Is this software had been rooted ? Also how can I installed ? Are there any documentations for show how it can be done ? Thanks for your support.
      Thank you so much for descriptions about this issue Magendaz.

Comment

Originally posted by offchu View Post

Thank you so much for descriptions about this issue Magendaz.
        You can put root magisk through TWRP, this has already been done on the Russian-speaking forum.

Comment

Hi ppl. I got my KM9 too. I have problem with wifi. Wifi is useless connection breaking often, and sometime i can't connect on my wifi. I tried with other 2,4G router, its same problem...

Sent from my POCOPHONE F1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
            Hi ppl. I got my KM9 too. I have problem with wifi. Wifi is useless connection breaking often, and sometime i can't connect on my wifi. I tried with other 2,4G router, its same problem...

friend try to turn off bluetooth and other radio usb device

Comment

Tnx for reply. I cant see any option where I can turn off bluetooth

Comment

so just to be updated is there anything new (official firmware, custom firmware... ) what can make better this piece of hardware please?

Comment

greetings..my km9 got issue i wonder any of you guys have that the same..my iptv jump frames just like 1-2ms between 2 or 5 seconds.. have tried watching movie from usb same issue and used both mx vlc kodi no effect..but youtube 4k and 8k videos are crystal clear..is this a software problem any suggestions plz:S

Comment

hi everyone. I have some questions.
                    1. built in file explorer is disabled. I can't delete or move etc any file on my external HDD. there is permission problem. how can I fix it?
                    2. I can't reach Bluetooth settings and Bluetooth doesn't work very well. on my Bluetooth speaker sound comes and goes second by second and sometimes connection as well.
                    3. I can't reach any input settings too. I have Logitech km240 keyboard. i want hide virtual keyboard.

thank you for your help.

Comment

Agronur I had same problem try using the beelink file explorer on bottom of page 16 that I posted works better than the stock one.
                      I don't think there is a fix for Bluetooth device has problems with remote and other devices connected at same time. Try removing remote pairing.
                      I didn't try to disable virtual keyboard. Maybe try disabling it in app settings if you don't need it.

Comment

I am having issues with Kodi 17.6 and 18 RCs (1,2,3) and latest nightly to work reliably on KM9. Mostly watching H.264 encoded 1080p files with high bit rate like >10mbps and DTS or DD encoded audio. Although passthru works okay 10 or 15 mins into the video it will freeze. Either video will crash or Kodi. Crashes became better after disabling hardware acceleration (surface something) under player settings, but then its skipping frames a few here and there. Still there is ocassional crash. Any suggestions to improve stability?

Comment

• mo123
                          mo123 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Known issue with new S905X2 devices using old firmware, they also have Kodi video and pass-through issues.
                          Unfortunately you won't get new updates for KM9 to improve Kodi.
                          If Kodi or passthrough is important, buy a device that officially supports Kodi or LibreELEC.

Wow there are so many catches and caveats with these android boxes! I am not going to blow money over another one anytime soon. VLC player works stable on this box and is able to passthrough DTS-HD. But it really lacks in UI department and some nice to have features like custom zoom. Guess i have to be content with it for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
                          Here's an initial build of TWRP 3.2.3-0 for the Amlogic u211 reference board: twrp.u211-3.2.3-0.img
                          For your convenience, I've also created a signed OTA update that can be installed with the UPDATE app: twrp.u211-3.2.3-0-signed.zip

It's built with the twrp-8.1 minimum OMNI branch and is using a prebuilt GT1 Mini kernel. I've copied source up to the new twrp-8.1 branch in the Amlogic repository for this along with updates for the q201 and p212 reference hardware.
                          onedrive links are down, can u reupload?

Comment

Originally posted by VirusPlus View Post
                            onedrive links are down, can u reupload?
                            Sorry, we're up to TWRP 3.2.3-1 now:

twrp.u211-3.2.3-1.img
                            twrp.u211-3.2.3-1-signed.zip

Comment

Working...
                            X