Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM]XTMOD for u211 devices (X96Max, GT1Mini & some others), Magisk rooted and many others fixes and mod.

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

I contacted the Admin who corrected it for me.

Comment

Has anyone tried Nova Launcher? With this ROM and the stock ROM I cannot drag and drop the icons. I would really like to use Nova.

I believe it's an issue with the action of "long press" in the firmware, some other launchers also give me a similar issue.

Any thoughts on this?

Comment

Originally posted by adagre View Post
        Has anyone tried Nova Launcher? With this ROM and the stock ROM I cannot drag and drop the icons. I would really like to use Nova.

I believe it's an issue with the action of "long press" in the firmware, some other launchers also give me a similar issue.

Any thoughts on this?
        I already asked that question, and was told its a problem with AMLOGIC and Oreo. I honestly do not think it is, cause I have done a lot of searching and found people with the same problem on many different devices on many different versions of Android. Its not just not being able to drag and drop in certain launchers, but you also cannot scroll up or down with the mouse in certain browsers. You can use the wheel or arrows etc, but you cannot grab pages with the mouse and go up or down. You also cannot hold down on pictures and get options like view save etc inside some browsers. I went to the trouble of installing around 40 launchers, and found two that would allow me to drag and drop icons and those were ADW 2 Launcher and Microsoft Launcher. I chose ADW 2 Launcher, cause it is most like Nova, and after using it for a week or so I actually liked it more than Nova. I Use Maxthon Browser, and was not able to scroll by grabbing pages so I installed a bunch of Browsers and none would let me scroll by grabbing pages, so I tried to install Firefox and it said it was not compatible, so I found the latest APK online and it is the only browser I found that let me grab pages to scroll.

As I said, the developer of this ROM told me it was a problem with AMLOGIC and Oreo, but this problem has been around forever on all versions of Android. Every solution I found never worked, so I just solved it myself by installing about 40 launches and 40 browsers to see which ones did not have the problem. Sure I had to give up Nova Launcher and Maxthon, but at least I can drag and drop and scroll on websites now.

Comment

Yes, that's exactly the scenario. It doesn't make much sense to me that this couldn't be wrinkled out in the firmware. I am not a firmware expert by any means, I guess I'll have to do the same thing then.

Comment

Originally posted by kolinsb View Post
            Yes, i tried to change port on my PC, but I still have a problem. USB tool recognize X96 mini without any problem. Can you explain me about re-sign the zip file?
            I think its actually app related. I think there is something in the firmware that apps need to be able to accomplish certain things like dragging and dropping icons, and certain apps have not including that code that allows their app to do those task. I think this because when I found others having this problem on older versions of Android, some said that the function came back eventually after they updated the app. My guess is we will have to wait till developers add the function in an update. It could be the next update for the app, or it could be 10 updates, but they will eventually add the function that allows us to drag and drop icons and scroll on websites to their app. So basically if our box had an older version of Android the apps may have all the required code to let us drag and drop icons etc, but since we are on a newer version of Android, developers have not gotten around to adding whatever is required on all firmwares that allows us to use these functions within their apps. I am beyond positive its not the firmware, its the apps not meeting the requirements of the firmware to pull off these simple functions. ADW 2 has the function in their app, and most other launchers do not, Firefox has the scroll function in their app, most other browsers do not. Its clearly an app problem, and not a firmware problem. You see the same thing with Iphone devices, cause one app may work on a newer version, but will not have all the functions on an older version, or may work correctly on an older version, but not a newer version of IOS. Firmware requires certain things for apps to work and all features to work, and most these apps are missing whatever is needed on out firmware to make these functions work.

Comment

Apps do not follow google android rules so you can get problems in scrolling etc etc, Oreo is much more strict in this sense, this is what i mean and Oreo has more problem with mouse devices, try to click an "ok"... just a little part of it is clickable on MM never got a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
                try to click an "ok"... just a little part of it is clickable on MM never got a problem.
                Mouse is innocent there, problem is that button labels are considered as selectable text

Comment

Originally posted by zoelechat View Post

Mouse is innocent there, problem is that button labels are considered as selectable text
                  that's true, i never gave mouse anything to blame

Comment

Originally posted by Xannytech View Post
                    Apps do not follow google android rules so you can get problems in scrolling etc etc, Oreo is much more strict in this sense, this is what i mean and Oreo has more problem with mouse devices, try to click an "ok"... just a little part of it is clickable on MM never got a problem.
                    But apps are developed based on what Google requires for them to run on the system. You cannot just take anything and run it on Android, or any other OS for that matter. The mouse problem may be firmware related for sure, but the problem of not being able to drag and drop icons or scroll in browsers is clearly app related. The problem has been going on forever, and it usually happens on many devices after a new version of Android is released. Its because developers are still making apps the same way, and have not added full compatibility for every single device.

Comment

Originally posted by Porkie View Post

But apps are developed based on what Google requires for them to run on the system. You cannot just take anything and run it on Android, or any other OS for that matter. The mouse problem may be firmware related for sure, but the problem of not being able to drag and drop icons or scroll in browsers is clearly app related. The problem has been going on forever, and it usually happens on many devices after a new version of Android is released. Its because developers are still making apps the same way, and have not added full compatibility for every single device.
                      i agree, but from Oreo you cannot avoid to follow Google rules.
                      Last edited by Xannytech; 02-13-2019, 14:56.

Comment

Thanx Xannytech,

Tried this ROM for several days. Seems all working well. So stable, and I reconfirmed that Total Commander, ES explorer, Storage in settings and Kodi , all recognized all 4 HDDs in my Orico enclosure, with or without root access.

Javen

Comment

Originally posted by Javenroth View Post
                          Thanx Xannytech,

Tried this ROM for several days. Seems all working well. So stable, and I reconfirmed that Total Commander, ES explorer, Storage in settings and Kodi , all recognized all 4 HDDs in my Orico enclosure, with or without root access.

Javen
                          I am awaiting delivery of a new Orico USB 3 hub that will hopefully sort out my problems with HDD recognition as my current one is a generic. Then I will test this ROM. I have four Orico enclosures which work perfectly with my Minix X8H Plus and my ancient UM8 but the X96 refuses to see more than 2 drives, it only becomes an issue when I want to watch any 10 bit HEVC files as the older boxes are 8 bit. The annoying part is that the UM8 is the best at recognition and that box and firmware are a lot older than my enclosures, so firmware in the enclosures doesn't look like the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie_Boy View Post

I am awaiting delivery of a new Orico USB 3 hub that will hopefully sort out my problems with HDD recognition as my current one is a generic. Then I will test this ROM. I have four Orico enclosures which work perfectly with my Minix X8H Plus and my ancient UM8 but the X96 refuses to see more than 2 drives, it only becomes an issue when I want to watch any 10 bit HEVC files as the older boxes are 8 bit. The annoying part is that the UM8 is the best at recognition and that box and firmware are a lot older than my enclosures, so firmware in the enclosures doesn't look like the problem.
                            Hopefully, this new hub will solve your problem. This is really a good ROM. One thing that I like about this rom is the customization of home screen. So that I can see almost everything I need in one screen.

ATV 3 is also good, I installed it in my other box. And no problem so far.

Javen

Comment

Amazing ROM! I flashed the X96MAX 4/64 two days ago and everything seems to work flawlessly. This is my first post as I signed up to Freaktab just to say a huge thank you Xannytech!

Comment

I have been running this Mod for about a month now and it runs very well thanks for your work.
                                Last edited by [email protected]; 02-20-2019, 01:38.

Comment

Working...
                                X