Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just updated my H96pro+ to Red Poison.

It is very smooth and nice gui interface.

Thanks to Minifreak, Ricky and their team member.

I m trying to install magisk, however doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone here able to do it? Would you mind to share the steps taken.?

I was installing update-unsu.zip and followed by magisk 17.1 via twrp. Seem successful without problem however one of my app still detecting root and magisk manager failed all tests.

​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post
      Hi, I just updated my H96pro+ to Red Poison.

It is very smooth and nice gui interface.

Thanks to Minifreak, Ricky and their team member.

I m trying to install magisk, however doesn't seem to work.

Has anyone here able to do it? Would you mind to share the steps taken.?

I was installing update-unsu.zip and followed by magisk 17.1 via twrp. Seem successful without problem however one of my app still detecting root and magisk manager failed all tests.

​​​​​
      Did you setup magisk properly? I bet you forgot to use magisk hide on key aps.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Did you setup magisk properly? I bet you forgot to use magisk hide on key aps.
        I did.

Comment

Originally posted by muncheno View Post

I did.
          Root is built in by default ... shut it off in settings and restart

Comment

Hi i have tried to update my Sunvell t95z plus 2/16Gb to Red Poison but it get bricked and i have to start over with latest 1016 and TWRP and then use TWRP backup funktion to restore Poison 4.3 to get back.
            I have tried with USB tool and SD burning and TWRP but my screen just get black. i have waited a long time but no luck. Any suggesting about the right way of flashing?

Comment

Hello,

So normally you use USB Flash Tool and then select force erase all after that select Red Poison Firmware.
              Now press Start, then press reset button on your device and insert USB cable.

If that not work I think it is needed to patch DTB.

Regards
              Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

Root is built in by default ... shut it off in settings and restart
                Thanks.
                Got the app working now with magisk hide now.

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                  Hello,

So normally you use USB Flash Tool and then select force erase all after that select Red Poison Firmware.
                  Now press Start, then press reset button on your device and insert USB cable.

If that not work I think it is needed to patch DTB.

Regards
                  Neomode
                  Hi, it stops at 98%[0x30401002] uboot partition bootloader/identify/USB control se... I?m using redpoisonATV_S912_T95Z.img
                  Regards snappe

Comment

Originally posted by snappe View Post

Hi, it stops at 98%[0x30401002] uboot partition bootloader/identify/USB control se... I?m using redpoisonATV_S912_T95Z.img
                    Regards snappe
                    Let me see what I can find out.

​​​​ Regards
                    neomode

Comment

@snappe

Please try to Flash this Firmware and let me know if it work.

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

Thanks.

Neomode

Comment

neomode
                        I put that on an SDcard but it stops after a while just showing the T95Zplus logo. power off/on gives the startscreen but hangs.clock stopped at 12.
                        brgds snappe

Comment

@snappe

Okay thanks for the update, when coming home I investigate deeper.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by neomode View Post
                            @snappe

Okay thanks for the update, when coming home I investigate deeper.

Neomode
                            For what it is worth, I too flashed this T95Z (first) version but did not have much problems getting it to work.

But...I used Image Card Burner after USB flash did not work first 2 times and I didn't had a PC at hand anymore. Therefore put the .IMG on Sdcard

With reset button in AVhole pressed with SDCard with RedPosionROM inside I powered it on. It started flashing, I left it alone for 15 minutes Al least so it could end all scripts the right way to install additional apps.

Comment

Originally posted by minixfreak View Post

Yea u have ti flash with img .... different partition sizes so your right
                              Okay, so I tried flashing this img on my T96 pro using AMLogic's USB Burning Tool but just can't get it to go past 2% or rarely 4% mark. Fortunately, I had "Erase Bootloader" turned off, so nothing got modified and I still have a functional device.

Really, the only ROM image that I have been able to successfully flash on this device is a modified MK22 Plus 6.0.1 image. Even the MK22 Plus 7.1.2 image fails to install, don't know why.

So I guess my only option is to flash from TWRP environment. The current system partition is 1.5 Gb - is there any way I can manually repartition the NAND from recovery to extend system to 2 Gb ? Then I can try flashing this image after converting it to zip using the Customization Tool. I really want to get Android TV running on this device but can't figure how....

Comment

Originally posted by yyzyyz View Post

Okay, so I tried flashing this img on my T96 pro using AMLogic's USB Burning Tool but just can't get it to go past 2% or rarely 4% mark. Fortunately, I had "Erase Bootloader" turned off, so nothing got modified and I still have a functional device.

Really, the only ROM image that I have been able to successfully flash on this device is a modified MK22 Plus 6.0.1 image. Even the MK22 Plus 7.1.2 image fails to install, don't know why.

So I guess my only option is to flash from TWRP environment. The current system partition is 1.5 Gb - is there any way I can manually repartition the NAND from recovery to extend system to 2 Gb ? Then I can try flashing this image after converting it to zip using the Customization Tool. I really want to get Android TV running on this device but can't figure how....
                                twrp images will come soon enough

Comment

Working...
                                X