Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

I just finished uploading version 1.7 for this tablet.

There is only one ROM available...not sure if it will work with 3G...just test and see.

This ROM is based on a firmware update provided by a user who received a link from tech support. The ROM is dated on 9/29/13.

Pipo has updated their Launcher app. I left in the ability to run it, with the included widgets. It takes a while to set up on the first boot, so be patient and follow the prompts.

As always, this ROM is:

Rooted
    Play Store fixes
    English Default
    Init.d support
    2,4,6 or 8gb user app space parameters
    CWM recovery added as an option
    VPN support with the needed KO modules
    The same tweaks added to v1.6a

Download

In addition, Pipo has released yet another firmware called update#414_M7pro_892_ota_H265_20131011_v1.1

As the file name implies, this one had H265 support. I've done a new ROM with this firmware and have called it 1.7a. Why not 1.8?....It isn't posted on their web site, so it isn't really official, yet. I'll reserve 1.8 for the next official ROM.

Here is the link to 1.7a:

Download

Enjoy!!!!!!

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
    Donate!!!
    Last edited by rrileypm; 10-15-2013, 05:34.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Damn!! Huge video improvement. It's lightning quick. Wow big difference. Thank you

Comment

AW: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Originally posted by ginman View Post
      Damn!! Huge video improvement. It's lightning quick. Wow big difference. Thank you
      Does youtube(.apk) now also run with better video quality?

Gesendet von meinem M7pro mit Tapatalk 2
      Last edited by veloci; 10-13-2013, 16:54.

Comment

Can't get 3G to work. It connects to the network but there's no data traffic. I tried to edit APN settings, but it's not possible to save the settings. Same issue with 1.6c rom.

Edit: Works now, maybe it was network problems. Didn't do anything No need to edit APN settings at all.
        Last edited by suunnittelija; 10-13-2013, 19:31.

Comment

3G with data works great here...

The new thing very interesting with this new firmware for me:
          - with 3G sim inserted I have no deep sleep.
          - If i unplug the 3G sim and reboot, the deep sleep works !

There is always the problem with the governor is set to "interactive" with highfreq 800000 (instead 1600000).
          It is better to set it to "ondemand" for a good battery management and performance.
          Last edited by manao; 10-13-2013, 19:30.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
            3G with data works great here...

The new thing very interesting with this new firmware for me:
            - with 3G sim inserted I have no deep sleep.
            - If i unplug the 3G sim and reboot, the deep sleep works !

There is always the problem with the governor is set to "interactive" with highfreq 800000 (instead 1600000).
            It is better to set it to "ondemand" for a good battery management and performance.
            How do i change that?

Comment

Look inside the governor with "setcpu" or "android tuner" the hispeed is set to 800000.
              You could easely set 1600000 or more simply download "no frill cpu" and configure to "ondemand" (apply on boot).

So in trying to find out it what was happening I tried playing with governors and using Set CPU I switched to ondemand from interactive, still no deep sleep, but a more responsive tablet was found...

After lots of playing I noticed with cpu spy that this tablet likes the 800MHz clock and rarely ramps up to 1.6GHz. Switching back to interactive I looked at the governor parameters and noticed that hispeed freq is set to 800000. Looking at my Nexus 7 settings for the interactive governor I saw that hispeed freq is 1500000, the Max clock rate.

So I changed the setting to 1608000 and now the tablet is really responsive, the clock ramps up to 1.6GHz much more often but lower frequencies are still used and deep sleep still works. Battery life appears to be unaffected.

answer:
              Vraiment bien vu. My frequency "hispeed freq" was set also at 800000...
              I prefer set the governor to "ondemand" because the CPU goes to many time at 1600mhz with "interactive" governor when there is no activity.
              Set to "ondemand" CPU stay most of the time at 312mhz whitout activity.
              Last edited by manao; 10-13-2013, 21:13.

Comment

And for a small boost again: go to settings / developer options / and set this 3 parameters to 0.5x or deactived (0)
                • Window animation scale: 0.5x or 0
                • Transition animation scale: 0.5x or 0
                • Animator duration scale: 0.5x or 0

Comment

I'm really impressed with 1.7. Scored a 19028 Antutu! YouTube desktop site and all video seem very fast. By far the best this tablet has ever run.

Used latest Antutu 4. I got that score with stock launcher, no tweaks made, just all stock with MX Pro, flashlite, and Opera apps newly installed.
                  Last edited by ginman; 10-14-2013, 05:04.

Comment

Originally posted by ginman View Post
                    I'm really impressed with 1.7. Scored a 19028 Antutu! YouTube desktop site and all video seem very fast. By far the best this tablet has ever run.

Used latest Antutu 4. I got that score with stock launcher, no tweaks made, just all stock with MX Pro, flashlite, and Opera apps newly installed.
                    I got 18763 with the 1.6 rom

Comment

Originally posted by cheeks80 View Post
                      I got 18763 with the 1.6 rom
                      Thats about what I got w 1.6a, the biggest difference is not the antutu score but the icons zip around the home menus, and even apps like google play are running much faster. Google play was pretty slow installing apps in 1.6a, but in 1.7 its much faster. Very noticeable difference.

It's almost like the system memory got a speed boost. I can't speak to the stability of 1.7 yet but it seems stable, and much faster all around.

Comment

Deep sleep is working?

Comment

Camera App is not working on mine. Anyone else? I get an error message "Unfortunately Gallery has stopped" "Ok". Does anyone know a fix?

Comment

Camera app works here.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
                              Camera app works here.
                              That's so weird, and especially since I have so few apps installed. I tried rebooting, reset and nothing is working. Even more weird is my gallery app is working fine, yet getting gallery error in camera app.

Comment

Working...
                              X