• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2013-10-19-16-42-16.png
Views:	1
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	430968
    These are mine AnTuTu scores with latest ROM. It's really the best one for now. Deep sleep is working well too. Just need to check after every reboot that 3G modem power is off if you are not using it.
    Regarding multiwindow mode. I can get only RKplayer Gallery and Settings working in multiwindow. Is there any way to customize this? Otherwise it's useless. At least for me

Comment

VPN TUN interface

Hi all, i need to config a VPN tunnel, so i installed OpenVPN Connect app, downloaded ovpn certificate and installed as profile in app, when try to connect i find this errore "problem creating tun interface: possibly the tun.ko kernel module is not loaded in your Android kernel". Is there a way to implement this module to use VPN?

Comment

The module is loaded and insmod command added...so it should work.
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

It must be enabled in somewhere? How can i check it?

Comment

solved

ok i found this http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...or-VPN-support and solved.

Comment

Originally posted by Dennta View Post
              You should install the drivers when you are in flash mode. Always have USB debugging checked off when flashing. When you have your m7 connected to your computer try to open the alternative boot to flash tool "Rk batch tool". When you open that tool press switch. Once in flash mode, install drivers then go back to finless tool.
              If this doesn't work you can boot to flash mode manually by pressing a button combination. Not really sure but I think you push and hold "power" and "esc".
              Remember divers should be installed once you are in flash mode.

Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the information but no success.

When I first enter the tool connected devices 1 is pink. I then click switch I get the following:
              • "Switch done success<1> Fail<0>"
              • no devices are detected.
              • The tablet is turned off and I have to reboot.

What am I doing wrong?

Tap

Comment

Always have USB debugging checked off when flashing.
                Really? I'm keeping USB debugging always ON. Otherwise M7 tablet is not detected by ADB. And never ever had a problem with flashing. Probably it's affecting switching to flash mode from within developer tool as I'm unable to switch from this application (one of versions of it is always included in Riley ROMs for flashing). But I do switch from stock flashing tool or using
                Code:
                adb reboot bootloader
                . Once in flashing (bootloader) mode it does not matter at all

tap28,
                Presuming drivers are installed, try to reset tablet using paperclip. Run flashing software. Connect tablet to USB2 port. Hold Esc and Power buttons depressed until you got a message about device connected in proper mode ( or green connected device in RK batch tool).

Comment

Up and Running

thanks for all the help.

What worked for me:
                  Leave USB debugging on
                  Use the Alternative Batch tool to switch
                  Follow the rest of the instructions and it worked liked a dream.

Again thanks to everyone here especially rreilypm for the time and work put into the rom.

tap

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

[QUOTE=fazerg;105312]Really? I'm keeping USB debugging always ON. Otherwise M7 tablet is not detected by ADB. And never ever had a problem with flashing. Probably it's affecting switching to flash mode from within developer tool as I'm unable to switch from this application (one of versions of it is always included in Riley ROMs for flashing). But I do switch from stock flashing tool or using
                    Code:
                    adb reboot bootloader
                    . Once in flashing (bootloader) mode it does not matter at all

Well I really don't know why it should be checked off, but it should be according to the first time user Guide.

Comment

but it should be according to the first time user Guide.
                      which has been written in rk29 times probably..

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
                        which has been written in rk29 times probably..
                        That might be true, but that's the way I have done it every time I flashed and it has worked every time. People in this forum have also said to do it that way with previous versions of this rom.

Comment

Dennta, how did you get it visible for PC in the first time then? Without USB debugging I can get it visible only only as file storage on both int and ext SD-cards, but not accessible for flashing and/or adb both in Linux and Windows 7x64

Comment

Dennta, how did you get it visible for PC in the first time then? Without USB debugging I can get it visible only only as file storage on both int and ext SD-cards, but not accessible for flashing and/or adb both in Linux and Windows 7x64
                            I just followed the first time user Guide and it worked. Didn't do anything special. But I did let windows install drives when I first hooked it up. When these were installed I turned off automatic installation of drives and booted to flash mode. Just like the guide says. But I need to use the alternative flash tool to get to flash mode. But everything else works great. Did you let windows install drives when you first hooked it up? Maybe that's what we did different? I also run windows 7 64 bit.

Last edited by Dennta; 10-20-2013, 22:26.

Comment

But I need to use the alternative flash tool to get to flash mode.
                              That's the point. This alternative aka Pipo official tool to flash stock images can't see tablet if USB debugging is off. Don't actually care about that, just curiosity. Why some people have this one way and others different. Probably because I have had adb drivers installed first.

Comment

That's the point. This alternative aka Pipo official tool to flash stock images can't see tablet if USB debugging is off. Don't actually care about that, just curiosity. Why some people have this one way and others different. Probably because I have had adb drivers installed first.
                                Wierd I make the swith with the alternative tool when i connect to computer. Think its marked with a pink square when its connected and I just press switch. Then I use the other tool, erase IDB and then flash rom. That works for me, but not for everyone apperantly

Comment

Working...
                                X