No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW, I got an Antutu score with this new combination of 19562 last night.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Randy,
      You'll find it here http://ge.tt/6r0fkyv/v/0?c in few minutes

BTW, I have created baidu account and downloaded kind of software for their cloud service. The matter is just to find where are the buttons OK Cancel etc. After that no problems with downloads, max 15 minutes for Pipo ROM of 700+ MB

Also, found couple of useful apps on Play Market:
      1. Magnet unlocker - with this one my M7 goes to sleep with cover closed, using magnetic sensor. Just real smart cover
      2. Custom Auto Brightness - little bit of tuning and light sensor responce improved significantly.
      Last edited by fazerg; 10-22-2013, 18:14.

Comment

I installed the baidu app. But, like you say, I couldn't figure out which buttons to push. Plus, it also installed a bunch of Chinese crapware on my PC.

Thanks for the link, I'll give it a try tonight after work.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

For me it did installed only program for cloud services, without it download is same slow. Unfortunately, I can't remember what I did click, it was far not yesterday. And there is no way to translite it as I do with chinese webpages using Google. But once it's running I do just right click on desired file stored to cloud and select first option in dropdown menu. Download starts and goes pretty fast.

Comment

Sv: Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
            OOPS...sorry, I meant this version...I haven't done a 1.8 for this one yet...silly me.

Just use the kernel from this ROM...1.7 with the M8HD ROM.

Meantime, if anyone can send me a link to the new firmware update, I'll start work on 1.8 for the M7 Pro. I have a feeling it's going to be a variation of that one for the M8HD.

Here is the M8HD ROM:

http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Pip...leyROM_1.0.zip
            Haha yeah I got a bit confused there I'll wait for the 1.8 and if that doesn't work as good as the M8HD ROM, I'll go that way. Btw, thanks for all the great work! Really loving your rom!

Skickat från min M7pro via Tapatalk 2

Comment

M8HD 1.0 and kernel from 1.7a working fine with 3G.
              I did have a random reboot at one point though which I didn't get on 1.7a, but just one so far - maybe it was a blip!! Seems to fly along, though to be fair, 1.7a was no slouch!
              19019 AnTuTu.

Comment

np gps settings available in the locations settings with this rom/kernel combo, just trying to fix a location. Looks like it might be permanently on. Left it by the window for 5 mins and it didn't fix. could be a problem...

Comment

Originally posted by fazerg View Post
                  Randy,
                  You'll find it here http://ge.tt/6r0fkyv/v/0?c in few minutes

BTW, I have created baidu account and downloaded kind of software for their cloud service. The matter is just to find where are the buttons OK Cancel etc. After that no problems with downloads, max 15 minutes for Pipo ROM of 700+ MB

Also, found couple of useful apps on Play Market:
                  1. Magnet unlocker - with this one my M7 goes to sleep with cover closed, using magnetic sensor. Just real smart cover
                  2. Custom Auto Brightness - little bit of tuning and light sensor responce improved significantly.
                  Any suggestion of a suitable case, preferable as slim as possible. I have a nice case today but it contains like 20 magnets that ruins the function of Magnet Unlocker...

Comment

Originally posted by mdurkin View Post
                    np gps settings available in the locations settings with this rom/kernel combo
                    Oops. By the way, there is no GPS feature specified for M8HD.

Comment

Hmmm, that might be a problem for GPS users...hahaha!!!!!

We'll see how this new firmware works out. I'm downloading it now.
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Netflix on RileyROM 1.7a?

I recently put RileyROM 1.7a on my Pipo M7pro. I have not been able to use Netflix since. The app loads. I can select a movie. Then the spinner just spins and spins and never shows the movie. I have re-installed, cleared netlflix cache/data, etc.

Is this a known issue with the ROM?

Comment

I think Netflix was working on mine with 1.7a.

I know for a fact that Netflix works with the M8HD ROM with the v1.7a kernel. I tested it last night after I flashed.

I'm still downloading the new firmware...maybe tomorrow I'll have a new ROM. I want to test things out before I release it.
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by antoid View Post
                            I recently put RileyROM 1.7a on my Pipo M7pro. I have not been able to use Netflix since. The app loads. I can select a movie. Then the spinner just spins and spins and never shows the movie. I have re-installed, cleared netlflix cache/data, etc.

Is this a known issue with the ROM?
                            I have the same issue with Netlix too and i am on 1.7a

Comment

ef98dpa, what kind of with 20 magnets and suitable for Pipo M7? For me this one is working perfectly well. The only thing service stopped after I did Titatnium back-up before flashing update#6 last night. But just restarted it again and all works.

Not sure about M8HD but others M8 do not have GPS even with 3G version. Therefore, no GPS - no support in ROM, right?

BTW, I've managed to get 19856 AnTuTu on this update #6. However, get once crashed everything as well, first WiFi than entire system while was trying to update some Google apps from market
                              Last edited by fazerg; 10-23-2013, 04:36.

Comment

Well, I got off work early...so I went right to work on this new ROM when I got home.

Here is the link to the new thread.

Please test away, and let me know what you find.
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X