Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dennta View Post
    Have you flashed RileyRom with CVM? Thats the first step. Then you boot in to recovery and flash the zip from there. No need to flash the ROM again. But i would flash crossbreeder instead. This mod have gotten mixed reviews. You flash crossbreeder the same way and it works like a charm.
    No, I think I didnt flash with CWM because it wasn't the default recovery set in ROM Flash Tool 137. I didnt change any of it. I just followed what was said in the first time users guide from riley.

Riley also stated that he included CWM in the package as an option but not the default recovery.

Sorry, im very new to these things, so I dont know much.

So can I still install CWM and flash crossbreeder or pure performance? How? TIA
    Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

=cshock2010;104570

So can I still install CWM and flash crossbreeder or pure performance? How? TIA

Comment

Hi to all,

I'm new on this Forum,
        I buyed this Tablet, I want to know how can I upgrade the ROM to 1.7a ? where is the tutorial for this upgrade?

Thanks

Comment

inside the zip of the ROM you will find a pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Gamexland View Post
            Hi to all,

I'm new on this Forum,
            I buyed this Tablet, I want to know how can I upgrade the ROM to 1.7a ? where is the tutorial for this upgrade?

Thanks
            Download the package and unzip it, its all in there. Was also my 1st time to flash a rom and was successful. The guide that riley made is very easy to understand.

Comment

I tried rebooting to recovery using the reboot app that riley included, all i got is a photo of a dead android with exclamation point. Is that normal?

Comment

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
                I tried rebooting to recovery using the reboot app that riley included, all i got is a photo of a dead android with exclamation point. Is that normal?
                Use a pin to press reset button. wait 10 mins. turn on.

Comment

You should flash the CWM recovery image instead of stock. My rom kit defaults to stock recovery.

All you need to do is uncheck everything but recovery and browse the flash tool to the CWMrecovery.img and flash. You don't need to erase IDB or flash the whole rom.

Comment

Originally posted by manao View Post
                    You should flash the CWM recovery image instead of stock. My rom kit defaults to stock recovery.

All you need to do is uncheck everything but recovery and browse the flash tool to the CWMrecovery.img and flash. You don't need to erase IDB or flash the whole rom.
                    How do you select which parameter if doing CWM?

Comment

Yes, that's normal. There isn't any real reason to reboot to stock recovery, but if you flash CWM Recovery you have many options when you reboot to recovery.

The reason I use the stock recovery as the default is that for most people it's just easier to get up and running with rooted ROM. If you want cwm, all you have to do is browse the flash tool recovery line to the cwmrecovery.img file in the RileyROM folder.

If you want to change to CWM later, it's easy...just run the flash tool and select the cwmrecovery.img instead of the recovery.img on the recovery line. Then uncheck everything except the recovery line, and flash without erasing idb. When the tablet reboots, you will have cwm recovery installed and will run when you reboot to recovery.
                      Randy
                      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Gamexland View Post
                        Hi to all,

I'm new on this Forum,

Thanks
                        Just download the ROM and unzip it somewhere. In the root folder of the ROM kit there is a pdf file called "First Time User's Guide". Just follow those instructions.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by ginman View Post
                          How do you select which parameter if doing CWM?
                          If you use the CWM template from the ROM kit, you just need to pick which parameter file you want to use.

Copy it into the template and rename it "parameter".
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            If you use the CWM template from the ROM kit, you just need to pick which parameter file you want to use.

Copy it into the template and rename it "parameter".
                            Got it, cool ty )

Comment

thank you guys! Well I've decided to no longer flash those mods after reading the feedbacks, using those make the battery drain faster. Riley's roms are already lightning fast anyway.

Comment

I still tried to flash CWM but I got this error

Here's what I did:
                                1. Unchecked everything but the recovery
                                2. browsed to cwmrecovery.img
                                3. clicked flash rom
                                4. got that "MSC device cant do upgrade" error message

Was also wondering why its being detected as "Mass Storage Usb" even if i didn't turn on USB storage.
                                Last edited by cshock2010; 10-18-2013, 10:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X