No announcement yet.

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have Installed this new Rom on this Tablet.

but there is a problem on this ROM but i dont see anyone mentioned that earlier.
    There is problem on VPN on this tablet.
    sometime it's not working... not connecting... not browsing... disconnecting...

Comment

Gamexland, probably just because nobody is using VPN.

Comment

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

I thought I had the working modules for VPN added...but I don't seem to understand why it isn't working properly.

I'm not experienced with using VPN. I don't currently have a need for it. If anyone wants to try and come up with a working solution, I would be happy to add it to the next ROM.

Randy
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          I thought I had the working modules for VPN added...but I don't seem to understand why it isn't working properly.

I'm not experienced with using VPN. I don't currently have a need for it. If anyone wants to try and come up with a working solution, I would be happy to add it to the next ROM.

Randy

Hi,

Please work on VPN,
          I and many peoples in Middle east need to connect to VPN for browsing websites that Governments blocked them due for Politic or Fun or Music or other posts on them...
          so VPN is very very important for us.
          Now I cann't access to that websites...

Thanks Buddy.

Comment

I found a new firmware update#29_M7pro_892_ota_20131019.img
            No more info.

Update#29 is maybe #429 ?
            Last edited by manao; 10-21-2013, 22:17.

Comment

Does anyone here have problems with wireless. Mine very frequently keeps on disconnecting amist apps which use internet. I have been having this problem with almost all ROMs.

Comment

I haven't noticed.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Some Great News!!!!!!!!!

I just finished making a ROM for the new Pipo M8HD tablet, and I've found something by accident.

The ROM works GREAT on my M7 Pro!!!!!!!!

You can download the M8HD ROM kit and replace the kernel with the one from my v1.7 ROM and flash as usual. I've been doing some testing and found a 19469 Antutu score...the highest I've gotten so far with this tablet.

I haven't had time to test any of the features, except WIFI seems to work very well.

I don't think this has 3G capability, though...I'm not sure ATM.

Here is the link to the ROM:

http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Pip...leyROM_1.0.zip

The screen is a little goofy on boot for a moment until it gets it's bearings...but after that, you are good to go.

This ROM is completely debloated. No extra Pipo stuff.
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

All of the controls are there for 3G...but since my tablet isn't a 3G, I can't test that part.

If anyone can test this, it would be great!!!!!!!!
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

I'll try and find some time to test the M8HD ROM this evening as I have 3G (though I haven't actually tested 3G yet so will need to start there on riley 1.7a first...)

Comment

One more new update. No more info
                        update#6_M7pro_20131021.img

http://pan.baidu.com/share/link?uk=3...eid=3245475398

Comment

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

I seem to be having trouble with downloading direct from Pipo. Can anyone download and post a link?

I made a new ROM last night for the new M8HD tablet. With the kernel from my 1.8 ROM the M8HD Rom runs better than any of my previous ROMs on the M7. Just check the 1.8 thread for a link to it.

If this new M7 firmware is anything like the M8HD's...we should have a really good 1.9 soon.

Randy
                          Randy
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Donate here

Comment

Pipo M7 Pro RileyROM 1.7

Just to be clear, I'm running my M8HD ROM on my M7Pro.

Randy
                            Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I seem to be having trouble with downloading direct from Pipo. Can anyone download and post a link?

I made a new ROM last night for the new M8HD tablet. With the kernel from my 1.8 ROM the M8HD Rom runs better than any of my previous ROMs on the M7. Just check the 1.8 thread for a link to it.

If this new M7 firmware is anything like the M8HD's...we should have a really good 1.9 soon.

Randy

Can you post a link to the 1.8 thread?

Comment

OOPS...sorry, I meant this version...I haven't done a 1.8 for this one yet...silly me.

Just use the kernel from this ROM...1.7 with the M8HD ROM.

Meantime, if anyone can send me a link to the new firmware update, I'll start work on 1.8 for the M7 Pro. I have a feeling it's going to be a variation of that one for the M8HD.

Here is the M8HD ROM:

http://www.freak-tab.de/rrileypm/Pip...leyROM_1.0.zip
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X