Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

(NEWLY RELEASED) CR11S/CS968 PRE-ROOTED (NOW VPNOPEN READY) 1080p 2MP Stock ROM LibMedia.so Hack Ready 20131205

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
    Get the 5MP 1080p, LibMedia.so Hack Ready ROM Build HERE http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...k-ROM-20131205 ....
    Thank you!
    I´ts absolute time for glasses
    I Cant see this post.....

Happy new year for all!

hitekki

Comment

VPN set up

Do you have any idea how to set up a VPN on this box? I've tried so many apps.... too many to list here and none of them are able to connect.
      Also, the two USB ports on the right side of the box don't seem to work. Do you know anything about that?
      I have worked with a number of Android devices (tablets and phones) and would appreciate your help understanding this device better.
      Your ROM is working very well! Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by drdev99 View Post
        Do you have any idea how to set up a VPN on this box? I've tried so many apps.... too many to list here and none of them are able to connect.
        Also, the two USB ports on the right side of the box don't seem to work. Do you know anything about that?
        I have worked with a number of Android devices (tablets and phones) and would appreciate your help understanding this device better.
        Your ROM is working very well! Thanks.
        The necessary tun module is not installed by default on most available ROMs. This ROM developer added the tun module and I tested my VPN, no problem.
        Exclusive MODDED ROM EQS-v2.0M CS968 a RK3188 ChipSet Based TVBoX AKA: TV01 [GeekBuying] CR11s [CloudNET2GO] THIS VERSION HAS NATIVE 1080P KERNEL, NOT SAME AS V1. IMPORTANT INFORMATION: WE JUST LEARNED THERE ARE A FEW CS968/TV01/CR11s MODELS...

edit: other option is to add the module to your ROM yourself, here is how: http://android.stackexchange.com/que...le-for-android

However I am having problems with this ROM because I cannot get wifi direct to work (I can establish the wifi direct connection, I can send files from the box, but no way I can receive files with any of the apps I have tried). I also cannot get screen mirroring/Miracast to work, likely because this also uses wifi direct. However this may well be a problem related to the original cloudnet ROM. Either that or I have a different wifi card in my box. I would appreciate if any of you with tech1's ROM or original cloudnet ROM could test this feature and report.
        Last edited by daviddem; 12-29-2013, 07:11.

Comment

Thanks for the help with the tun module. Regarding Wifi direct - I was able to print something via my Wifi HP printer from the box using the HP eprint app and plugin. I haven't tried any other Wifi connections.
          I'll reply if I do.

Comment

Thanks for the help with the tun module. Regarding Wifi direct - I was able to print something via my Wifi HP printer from the box using the HP eprint app and plugin. I haven't tried any other Wifi connections.
            I'll reply if I do.
            If you want to add the tun module to your current build without having to bother with adb or the command line, here is how to do it using ES explorer 3. Note that you need to have root, and if you incorrectly perform any of the steps below you could brick your device and/or get stuck in a boot loop, etc.

0) make sure that your android version is 4.2.2 and your kernel version is 3.0.36+ in settings-> about device. If not, DO NOT use the below tun.ko file, you will need to source yourself the correct tun module for your kernel version.
            1) download the tun.ko file I took from my build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7bh1hw9nsylx5y/tun.ko
            2) install busybox from Google Play if you don't have it
            3) in ES Explorer 3, mount the system partition as read/writable as follows: in the side panel: tools -> switch on root explorer and click on the root explorer text next to the on/off button. Click "Mount R/W" in the menu that pops up, and make the /system partition RW -> OK.
            4) copy the tun.ko file to /system/lib/modules (there should already be a bunch of other .ko files in there). Long press the tun.ko file you just copied to select it and in the "more" menu at the bottom right, go to properties. Click the "change" button next to "permissions" and give read permissions to "owner", "group" and "other" and write permission only to "owner". All the other boxes should be unticked. Click OK.
            5) reboot, the tun module should load automatically and you should now be able to use openvpn.
            Last edited by daviddem; 12-30-2013, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by daviddem View Post
              If you want to add the tun module to your current build without having to bother with adb or the command line, here is how to do it using ES explorer 3. Note that you need to have root, and if you incorrectly perform any of the steps below you could brick your device and/or get stuck in a boot loop, etc.

0) make sure that your android version is 4.2.2 and your kernel version is 3.0.36+ in settings-> about device. If not, DO NOT use the below tun.ko file, you will need to source yourself the correct tun module for your kernel version.
              1) download the tun.ko file I took from my build: https://www.dropbox.com/s/z7bh1hw9nsylx5y/tun.ko
              2) in ES Explorer 3, mount the system partition as read/writable as follows: in the side panel: tools -> switch on root explorer and click on the root explorer text next to the on/off button. Click "Mount R/W" in the menu that pops up, and make the /system partition RW -> OK.
              3) copy the tun.ko file to /system/lib/modules (there should already be a bunch of other .ko files in there). Long press the tun.ko file you just copied to select it and in the "more" menu at the bottom right, go to properties. Click the "change" button next to "permissions" and give read permissions to "owner", "group" and "other" and write permission only to "owner". All the other boxes should be unticked. Click OK.
              4) reboot, the tun module should load automatically and you should now be able to use openvpn.
              After you install everything correctly, what the correct parameters set up for activating VPN on the CR11S/CS968, thanks a ton in advance for your help ...

Comment

Awesome instructions~ I also had to install Busy Box. That along with the tun module you gave me allowed me to get my Hot Spot Shield VPN working! Thank you!

Comment

Awesome instructions~ I also had to install Busy Box. That along with the tun module you gave me allowed me to get my Hot Spot Shield VPN working! Thank you!
                  OK, I updated my post to mention installing busybox
                  Originally posted by Tech1 View Post
                  After you install everything correctly, what the correct parameters set up for activating VPN on the CR11S/CS968, thanks a ton in advance for your help ...
                  Not sure I understand your question correctly and what you mean by "correct parameters" but after you do that, you can use any generic openvpn client (several are available on Google Play) to connect to your openvpn server, or you can use programs that connect to public free or commercial vpns such as hotspot shield, tunnel bear or security kiss. The correct parameters for a generic openvpn client will of course depend on the server you connect to, for which you will need the IP address (or domain name), public keys, certificates and possibly user name and password. For the programs that connect to public vpns, there is usually nothing to configure, just run the program and switch on the vpn from the program. Some will require you to create an account with username and password.

If you are talking about running a vpn server on the box, you will need an openvpn server app configured with keys and certificates, but I don't really see the point of running a vpn server on this box: if you want your own vpn to connect to your home when you are outside, you would normally set that up directly on your home router. I am not even sure there are any openvpn server apps out there, I had a quick look on Google Play and only found client apps.
                  Last edited by daviddem; 12-30-2013, 18:00.

Comment

OK, I updated my post to mention installing busybox

Not sure I understand your question correctly and what you mean by "correct parameters" but after you do that, you can use any generic openvpn client (several are available on Google Play) to connect to your openvpn server, or you can use programs that connect to public free or commercial vpns such as hotspot shield, tunnel bear or security kiss. The correct parameters for a generic openvpn client will of course depend on the server you connect to, for which you will need the IP address (or domain name), public keys, certificates and possibly user name and password. For the programs that connect to public vpns, there is usually nothing to configure, just run the program and switch on the vpn from the program. Some will require you to create an account with username and password.

If you are talking about running a vpn server on the box, you will need an openvpn server app configured with keys and certificates, but I don't really see the point of running a vpn server on this box: if you want your own vpn to connect to your home when you are outside, you would normally set that up directly on your home router. I am not even sure there are any openvpn server apps out there, I had a quick look on Google Play and only found client apps.
                    Ok, thanks, I'm now using Private Internet Access VPN service, works like a charm ... I'm now using it on my Android mobile phone too ...!

Comment

Well, the VPN worked for about an hour. It disconnected and won't connect again. I've tried reinstalling the ROM, the tun module, BusyBox, but to no avail. Any ideas as to what might have happened?

Comment

Well, the VPN worked for about an hour. It disconnected and won't connect again. I've tried reinstalling the ROM, the tun module, BusyBox, but to no avail. Any ideas as to what might have happened?
                        I rebuilt this same ROM with the tun.ko file built IN ... I'm testing it now with the app VPN One Click, it's still working ... I will post a link to this ROM later tonight ...

Comment

New Tun.ko File Built IN ROM

Here is the new link to the tun.ko file built IN ROM
                          http://www.sendspace.com/file/yj080y ..... Here is the link to the app, "VPN One Click" https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ck.VPNOneClick (No Side Loading Required)....

Comment

Not sure what could have happened, have you tried to connect to any other vpn server?

Comment

Not sure what could have happened, have you tried to connect to any other vpn server?
                              Yes, I tried with Private Tunnel as well. It tries to connect and then isn't able to.
                              I've downloaded the new ROM that Tech1 posted (THANK YOU!) and I'll give that a try.

Comment

Yes, I tried with Private Tunnel as well. It tries to connect and then isn't able to.
                                I've downloaded the new ROM that Tech1 posted (THANK YOU!) and I'll give that a try.
                                If you still have trouble, install terminal emulator from Google Play, reboot, wait for a few minutes, then open terminal emulator and type lsmod <ENTER>. Is the tun module listed? If not, try to run your vpn app and come back to the terminal and lsmod again. Is it listed now? If not, type su <ENTER> then type insmod /system/lib/modules/tun.ko <ENTER> lsmod again to check tun loaded successfully, then try your vpn again. Working now?

edit: I just tried myself, and the tun module does not load autmatically at startup as I thought it should. My openvpn client does load the module, but it looks like hotspot shield doesn't. Let me get back to you with a way of getting that module loaded at startup.
                                Last edited by daviddem; 12-31-2013, 17:12.

Comment

Working...
                                X