X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devin View Post
    Hi
    I'll test this rom tomorow...
    But is It possible to change the original launcher for a 8 colones like the finless rom launcher without use a external launcher ?
    And is the GPS working ?
    Use to gravitibox for change colones without use a external launcher.

Comment

Testing, 1, 2, 3 (continued)

After installing (as said, went like a breeze) and a few hours of use, these are my observations:

- general user experience is excellent. It is fast, fluid and errorfree. I believe in general better than 4.2
      - GPS support is lacking
      - auto-brightness doesn't work (the button won't let itself be pressed)
      - this is a 3g version. I have not noticed a big impact on battery drain, though.

I see a number of differences from my previous Finless 1.5 rom, but I don't know whether these are kitkat changes or ROM differences.

In general, I can recommend this rom. Thanks, Randy!

Comment

Reboot not working
        only writing Please wait

Comment

Thank you for your efforts, really excited to update from fins.

On a seperate note does anyone charge theres with the usbs lead you can pick up. (male usb to male charing plug that the tablet uses)?

Then i can charge from most usb bricks that you seen to accumulate around thr house. (2amp ones)?

The charger output voltage is 5v same as usb, seems a perfect option to ditch the foreign charger.

Comment

Originally posted by faysoft View Post
            Reboot not working
            I've the same problem (no reboot or shutdown)...
            I cna tpye 300 wrods pre mintue !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Daveccc View Post
              Thank you for your efforts, really excited to update from fins.

On a seperate note does anyone charge theres with the usbs lead you can pick up. (male usb to male charing plug that the tablet uses)?

Then i can charge from most usb bricks that you seen to accumulate around thr house. (2amp ones)?

The charger output voltage is 5v same as usb, seems a perfect option to ditch the foreign charger.
              I use one sometimes with 2A charger. I also use it in the car with a lighter adapter with 2A.

Mostly I have it hanging on a 3A wall charger that I found at DX. Thers also a UK model I believe.

Comment

Contacts app ("People&quot sync problems

I noticed that the contacts app ("People" in the app drawer) was frozen, so I defrosted it with Titanium Backup. Problem is that it won't sync my contacts. I've checked all the sync settings, and people is marked to sync, I've cleared data of both the contacts app and the contacts storage app, but nothing. Has anyone else had this problem and fixed it?

Comment

Any ideas where to put obb files on KitKat? Trying a cracked game

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!!!

I haven't modded this ROM much because I wanted a baseline on what needs fixed.

On Bob's ROM...he set things up the way he wanted to use his tablet...a bonus for all of us...however, since KitKat is very different...it will take a little time to see how the tweaks work.

GPS is not supported in this preview firmware...Pipo hasn't added it yet. They are learning KitKat as well. These early releases WILL be a little rough around the edges for a while.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Items so far.

I quote From another topic where the Kasty rom was menshiond, but it goes exactly for this rom.

Quote------------------------

Auto Brightness cannot be set (it is in the settings menu). Minor power button issue - a quick short press does nothing and a follow up press often gets a screen 'blink' - like it has been switched on then off; but a longer press works even though you may get 'power off' menu which can be ignored. WiFi seems stable. Bluetooth as good as or better than other ROMs. Also it loads with Pipo 4.2.2 logo and then goes to general 'android' word as it loads.

Quote end-------------------------

I have tried severall apps, but no problems there so far. Once in a while I loose connection with my network, but there still is a Wifi Signal. No idea where to look for on that part.
                      Also no reboot in the menu, only shutdown.

Also the need trick to make one taskbar below, instead of 1 above and one below doesn't work anymore.

Edit With build.prop 'ro.rk.systembar.tabletUI'=false (and make it "true")

ps.

And as prommised a while back, have a beer on me.

Comment

Testing, 1,2,3 (continued)

Some further remarks on using this rom:

The google search window is still there (which I understand as this is not very debloated) but I like the minimalist roms from the fine gentlemen Bob and Randy.

Also,, when scrolling through various sites (specifically Freaktab) the graphics can't keep up, resulting in a lot of artifarcts and a fuzzy experience. This is something I didn't notice in 4.2

Will be back with more results!

Comment

Hello, when i was trying flash riley 2.1 tablet not responding.
                          i checked loader.
                          write test, restart and later tablet not respond now.
                          i did try press esc 5 second and reset button 5 second and power together
                          but still not responding.
                          no found tablet
                          what can i do?

Comment

Be sure you are using the Pipo USB cable.

Randy
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchoak View Post
                              Some further remarks on using this rom:

The google search window is still there (which I understand as this is not very debloated) but I like the minimalist roms from the fine gentlemen Bob and Randy.

Also,, when scrolling through various sites (specifically Freaktab) the graphics can't keep up, resulting in a lot of artifarcts and a fuzzy experience. This is something I didn't notice in 4.2

Will be back with more results!
                              I know that when Cyanogen started porting 4.4 to older, not supported devices, there were a few graphical glitches common to all of them. I get the distinct impression that this firmware is a bit of a mash-up of 4.2 & 4.4 thrown together by Pipo, so maybe they haven't ironed out those glitches.
                              Still, not a dealbreaker for me. I'm very happy to be rocking the latest build of Android on my cheap (compared to a Galaxy Note 10.1) Chinese tablet.

Comment

Same here...it is usable for me.

Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X