Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reply to: HDMI output problem

After reading about your experience I tested HDMI with my 42" Philips TV with the following observations:
    - No problem with connection or displaying the correct picture. However the pictures outer frame is outside the TV display's border i.e. can't see the upper status line nor the lower control symbols and horizontally half the left & right icons/picture's edge is outside the border.
    - changing resolution doesn't influence the above.
    - Picture quality (comparing with my 7" tablet's HDMI output) is not the best either...
    Thanks
    /Kastrup

Originally posted by knawnd View Post
    Has anyone faced on that ROM with problem to output signal from tablet to external monitor via HDMI cable?........

Comment

Camera issue with this ROM

FYI Randy (and others):
      Another issue that I found with this ROM is that taking Panorama pictures does not work. The first frame is frozen instantly and the rest goes nowhere......
      /Kastrup

Comment

Originally posted by Kastrup View Post
        After reading about your experience I tested HDMI with my 42" Philips TV with the following observations:
        Kastrup, thank you for tests and sharing the results!

Comment

Yes, thanks Kastrup...all of those tests will be useful in testing updates to check up on Pipo's progress.
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Originally posted by Kastrup View Post
            FYI Randy (and others):
            Another issue that I found with this ROM is that taking Panorama pictures does not work. The first frame is frozen instantly and the rest goes nowhere......
            /Kastrup
            Hi, do you think it makes sense to include all those issues in an small document and send it to pipo to help them improving their next ROMs?

In some of the saw implementation projects I know, one of the hardest thing was designing and executing a good test plan.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

Comment

Broken Apps

Some apps are broken when restoring Titanium backups from 4.2.2 to 4.4. Anyone knows how to fix these? If apps are freshly installed from Playstore without restoring data, they're working fine.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Originally posted by eekram08 View Post
                Some apps are broken when restoring Titanium backups from 4.2.2 to 4.4. Anyone knows how to fix these? If apps are freshly installed from Playstore without restoring data, they're working fine.
                I think when changing android versions fresh installs of apps is the better option.

Sent from my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.7 KitKat

Comment

Nav bar button spacing

Originally posted by pajarilio View Post
                  It's a beautiful OS, runs smoothly. Thanks for your work.
                  About bugs or inconveniences, when the screen is in portrait I can't use the menu button or the screenshot button, because the button bar is delayed yo the right.
                  Autobright don't work, and this is for now.

Enviado desde mi M9pro mediante Tapatalk
                  Anyone else have this problem? Seems like the spacing of the nav bar buttons are switched. The button spacing in portrait should be for landscape and vice versa.

Is there a build.prop edit to switch this?

Despite the known problems associated with this ROM, overall much more usable and fluid than 4.2.2. Thanks Randy!

Comment

Originally posted by waystedd View Post
                    Anyone else have this problem? Seems like the spacing of the nav bar buttons are switched. The button spacing in portrait should be for landscape and vice versa.
                    I confirm that bar buttons are shifted to the right edge in portrait orientation (in my case "increase volume" button is not visible since recently added screenshot button appeared from the left side).

Comment

nfs

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      Have you tried using CifsManager to mount the nfs drive?
                      I couldn't mount NFS share using neither CifsManager nor via command line. In both cases I get "No such device" error:
                      Code:
                      root@rk3188:/ # busybox mount -o nolock,ro,soft,intr,vers=3 -t nfs 192.168.1.1:/media/nfs /mnt/cifs/nfs
                      mount: mounting 192.168.1.1:/media/nfs on /mnt/cifs/nfs/ failed: No such device

root@rk3188:/ # mount -o nolock,ro,soft,intr,vers=3 -t nfs 192.166.1.1:/media/nfs /mnt/cifs/nfs
                      mount: No such device
                      As far as I understand such apps as CifsManager anyway requires nfs support on kernel level (either built-in or as a module).

Comment

Originally posted by netRAT View Post
                        Yep, that must be it.... Xposed appears to be the culprit.
                        Hope the dev is able to make it compatible soon. Left with the choice I'm inclined to stick with xposed for now. Tradeoff price is too high...

Cheers.
                        Yeah, I finally just got around to checking, mine is running ART just fine

Comment

Hey Riley, sorry for the late reply I've been away without the internet.

The recovery TEAMWIN I used on my Samsung I9305, not my pipo. So I don't know whether you'd want it still? More functionality and works....

Comment

I'm still trying to find a working TWRP recovery for a Rockchip device. It seems all available versions, I've looked at come with embedded kernels from other devices...no generic version, like CWM has. It's important to have the recovery built specifically for Rockchip before it will work on the M9 Pro, or any other Rockchip device. For that reason, I have not tested TWRP on any of my devices.

If you run across one, let me know.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                              I'm still trying to find a working TWRP recovery for a Rockchip device. It seems all available versions, I've looked at come with embedded kernels from other devices...no generic version, like CWM has. It's important to have the recovery built specifically for Rockchip before it will work on the M9 Pro, or any other Rockchip device. For that reason, I have not tested TWRP on any of my devices.

If you run across one, let me know.
                              Will do!

Comment

NAND

Riley, i can't get a clean install, it counts til 6 and then it stop, followed the manual, changed 2 usb wires, changed computer, charged the pipo, but still it won't format / erasing IDB OK Current (6)....

what can i do??
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X