No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is a Half Cooked Kit Kat ROM by PiPo (not Rileys Fault)

On another Forum people are drawn to the sexyness of upgrading to KitKat but all they had was headaches after PiPo has managed to "perfect" their 4.2.2 version.It was stable 4.2.2 ROM finally and then this KitKat thingy
    No GPS!!It was perfect already.

But what we do know was this ROM was hatch up by a Russian programmer not by PiPo themselves (outsourcing) . I would wait and see at least another 2 -3 KitKat releases before an upgrade to KitKat, why go and spoil a good device (some reported softbricking their device!)
    ONDA V975m 4.4.2 AML M802 OCTA Core (rooted)
    PiPo M9Pro KASTY ROM 4.4.2 (build #407 5-May-14)
    LENOVO S939 Octa Core 4.4.2 (Vibe1.5 1427) rooted
    LENOVO A880 QuadCore 4.2.2 (ver S027)
    C93 Duo Core AMX Android 4.3 CM10.2_rc-3 25-Oct-13.
    ZENITHINK ZTPAD: Z102 And. 4.0.4, ZTPAD C91 And. 4.0.4, Aigo M60 6" (for grandaughter)
    S4 Clone Quad Core MT6589 rooted And. 4.2.9 (4.2.2)

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Same here...it is usable for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
      Does this mean Riley owns a pipo m9 now?

Comment

Anyone who is after the people apk let me know if theres interest I'll attempt to get the apk file.... Shouldnt be difficult

Edit: this would be a lot easier if someone on JB could get the apk from their ROM thinking about it (system/apps)

Comment

Originally posted by jameswalker457 View Post
          Anyone who is after the people apk let me know if theres interest I'll attempt to get the apk file.... Shouldnt be difficult

Edit: this would be a lot easier if someone on JB could get the apk from their ROM thinking about it (system/apps)
          Can you get contacts sync to work?
          The people app is there, it's just frozen. You can defrost it with Titanium backup or another app like it. I did it. I defrosted the app and it appeared in my app drawer immediately. The problem is that it won't sync my contacts with my gogole account. All my other google account info syncs, and I've tried a few different methods to get contacts to sync, but no luck. I don't think the People app itself is the problem. There is another app connected to contacts sync, "Contacts storage" and maybe others. If you can get it to sync please let me know how you did it.

Comment

I hesitated to add any of the missing Google Apps with this ROM because I didn't know if any were KitKat specific. I'm interested in knowing how this goes for you.

Some of those Google apps require other files to be added in the LIB and ETC folders...and trying to get them working can be tricky.

If you try to restore from Titanium...try using the Restore Missing Apps With Data selection and see if contacts or people are listed...this should return the complete installation...not just the app.
            Randy
            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

(...)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
              Hi. How to find this forum in tapatalk app? i tried and i can not find it. No results

Comment

I hesitated to add any of the missing Google Apps with this ROM because I didn't know if any were KitKat specific. I'm interested in knowing how this goes for you.

Some of those Google apps require other files to be added in the LIB and ETC folders...and trying to get them working can be tricky.

If you try to restore from Titanium...try using the Restore Missing Apps With Data selection and see if contacts or people are listed...this should return the complete installation...not just the app.
                They can work on KitKat... I have them on my samsung. maybe flashing a gapps file would give the apps req'd? They arent ROM Specific

Comment

Originally posted by jameswalker457 View Post
                  They can work on KitKat... I have them on my samsung. maybe flashing a gapps file would give the apps req'd? They arent ROM Specific
                  Yeah, I thought that myself.
                  But I couldn't get CWM to work, I kept getting various mount errors. I don't know if it was just a bad install of CWM, or if the version is too old. It's happened before that with new versions of Android, the mount points for the various partitions/symlinks are changed and custom recoveries don't work. I tried with CWM 6.0.xx from arctablet because I don't have a USB mouse/keyboard and their version works with touch. But it couldn't mount /system to flash the files. I'll try again with some other version, but I haven't had time yet. What version does Riley include in his package and does it support touch inputs?

Comment

In the KitKat ROM there is a new partition called "metadata" that isn't present in ANY previous version of Android. You can see the new entry in the parameter file for it.

The current CWM binary that is required in a CWM Recovery.img file does not accommodate this new partition, therefore you can't make a NAND backup with ANY current version of CWM.

Until someone updates CWM for KitKat on a Rockchip device, you can't do a backup with CWM. I included the generic version in this ROM because I thought that some features might come in handy...but I haven't tested them. You may still be able to install some apps with CWM.

I've asked some of the other Freaktab developers if they've found a solution for it, but no response as of yet.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

Can't find how to use multi user here... Where is it located? Thanks!

Comment

In settings you need to add a user.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

You are correct but.....

Originally posted by cracktech View Post
                          On another Forum people are drawn to the sexyness of upgrading to KitKat but all they had was headaches after PiPo has managed to "perfect" their 4.2.2 version.It was stable 4.2.2 ROM finally and then this KitKat thingy
                          No GPS!!It was perfect already.

But what we do know was this ROM was hatch up by a Russian programmer not by PiPo themselves (outsourcing) . I would wait and see at least another 2 -3 KitKat releases before an upgrade to KitKat, why go and spoil a good device (some reported softbricking their device!)
                          Actually the ROM is quite good - it worked better with the apps I use and the graphics seemed improved. But no GPS and Miracast still does not seem to work. So I went back to the Kasty rom and will wait. And yes I had a 'soft bricked' device for a short while!

Comment

In settings you need to add a user.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk 4

rriley I checked everything there but I can't see anything related to multi user :/

@@GPS

I am not having any problems with gps, maybe it's a wrong configuration or something else...

Comment

It's a beautiful OS, runs smoothly. Thanks for your work.
                              About bugs or inconveniences, when the screen is in portrait I can't use the menu button or the screenshot button, because the button bar is delayed yo the right.
                              Autobright don't work, and this is for now.

Enviado desde mi M9pro mediante Tapatalk

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Originally posted by alanfr View Post
                                Actually the ROM is quite good - it worked better with the apps I use and the graphics seemed improved. But no GPS and Miracast still does not seem to work. So I went back to the Kasty rom and will wait. And yes I had a 'soft bricked' device for a short while!
                                May I ask why you choose the Kasty ROM over mine?

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
                                Randy
                                Read my BIO Here
                                Donate here

Comment

Working...
                                X