Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
    I've also started having the same problem with the reboot app. There must be something with KitKat that prevents the reboot app from working...or CWM doesn't save the misc.img correctly to reboot the system.

That's a priority for me to address with the other developers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
    when CWM start, they are many error on misc path... and all partition are inaccessible.
    Do you have cwm works on this rom?

Comment

widgets!

Found widgets.....

You have to tap and hold home screen for a few seconds to bring up menu.
      Which lets you add widgets,change wall paper and access settings.
      New feature in kit kat

Comment

Originally posted by ledadu View Post
        when CWM start, they are many error on misc path... and all partition are inaccessible.
        Do you have cwm works on this rom?
        you have the answer in the previous message
        Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
        Recovery is not working on KitKat customs ROMs yet as they changed the partition layout and we don't have a fully compatible CWM yet
        but here also http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...l=1#post135897

and here: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...rash-on-M8-Pro

Comment

The gapps Contacts.apk app doesnt seem to be installed? Well, it is present in /system/priv-app/ but doesnt seem to be actually running.
          The icon missing is the icon labelled "People", which loads up the address book, but no such icon with Rileyrom2.5.2?

update:
          Saw post#64 on this thread and installed a defroster. Sure enough it was frozen. Now that it's unfrozen I'm trying to figure out why it wont sync my addressbook. gmail account is all set up properly. The option "Contacts" is missing in Settings->Accounts/Google->(my account).
          Last edited by shimbob; 01-22-2014, 23:56.

Comment

Originally posted by shimbob View Post
            The gapps Contacts.apk app doesnt seem to be installed? Well, it is present in /system/priv-app/ but doesnt seem to be actually running.
            The icon missing is the icon labelled "People", which loads up the address book, but no such icon with Rileyrom2.5.2?

update:
            Saw post#64 on this thread and installed a defroster. Sure enough it was frozen. Now that it's unfrozen I'm trying to figure out why it wont sync my addressbook. gmail account is all set up properly. The option "Contacts" is missing in Settings->Accounts/Google->(my account).
            Yeah, same here. I tried a few tihngs but I couldn't get it to work. I was going to flash a Gapps package, but as we've seen above, there is no working custom recovery for kitkat on rockchip. I didn't do any manual messing around with swapping apks into system though, i just haven't had time. I'd say if you can get a working 4.4 contacts and contact sync apk from any gapps package and manually move them to the right path in system that might work. Like I said I just haven't had time. Please let me know if you find a solution

Comment

Contacts & Contact Sync

I'm seeing the error "GAIA ERROR WITH NO RESOURCE STRING" in logcat, might be related.

I know enough about the updater-script that's in those flashable .zip files that I'll try doing it manually. Let's see what happens...

Comment

Ok, Contacts now sync.
                Here's what I did in addition to unfreezing Contacts.apk:
                Grab the latest gapps from CyanogenMod, for CM11. Here.

Open the zip file, extract the file system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Have the tablet plugged in, adb debugging on, push the file to the tablet:
                Code:
                adb root
                adb remount
                adb push GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk /system/app/
                Then check that the option "Contacts" is now available in Settings->Accounts/Google->(your account).

Comment

Originally posted by knawnd View Post
                  Code:
                  root@rk3188:/ # insmod /system/lib/modules/nfs.ko
                  insmod: init_module '/system/lib/modules/nfs.ko' failed (No such file or directory)
                  The reason it's failing is because the nfs.ko module has some dependencies[*]. The auth_rpcgss, lockd, and sunrpc modules must be loaded first. However, once you load these modules and then try to load the nfs module, it's hanging for some reason:

Code:
                  root@rk3188:/system/lib/modules # insmod nfs.ko                                
                  insmod: init_module 'nfs.ko' failed (No such file or directory)
                  root@rk3188:/system/lib/modules # insmod sunrpc.ko
                  root@rk3188:/system/lib/modules # insmod lockd.ko
                  root@rk3188:/system/lib/modules # insmod auth_rpcgss.ko
                  root@rk3188:/system/lib/modules # insmod nfs.ko
                  ^C^C^C^C^C^C^C^C^C
                  At this point the shell is hung and the nfs module never finishes loading. I can start another adb shell and see this:
                  Code:
                  root@rk3188:/ # lsmod
                  nfs 341669 1 - Loading 0x00000000
                  auth_rpcgss 34064 1 nfs, Live 0x00000000
                  lockd 67104 1 nfs, Live 0x00000000
                  sunrpc 174640 4 nfs,auth_rpcgss,lockd, Live 0x00000000
                  rk29_ipp 9957 1 - Live 0x00000000 (C)
                  mali 152580 15 - Live 0x00000000
                  ump 30472 11 mali, Live 0x00000000
                  rk30xxnand_ko 162075 0 - Live 0x00000000
                  Notice the "Loading" which never changes to "Live". In addition the tablet won't shutdown properly. Nothing is reported in dmesg. General bad state of affairs.

Randy, where did this nfs.ko come from?
                  [*] normally on a Linux machine you should use modprobe instead of insmod and it will take care of dependencies, but modprobe is currently broken in this rom.

Comment

Honestly, I can't remember where I got this module...I've used several different sources.

If you find one that works, I can change it out.

Also, if you can tell me what order to make the insmod commands or do any changes in the boot.img, I can on my end.

I really haven't tested this much since I started implementing it at the request of users. On 4.2.2 ROM's, I never heard any complaints. It seems that KitKat is more picky.
                    Randy
                    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                    Donate here

Comment

The reason it's failing is because the nfs.ko module has some dependencies[*]. The auth_rpcgss, lockd, and sunrpc modules must be loaded first. However, once you load these modules and then try to load the nfs module, it's hanging for some reason:
                      shimbob, thanks a lot for taking time to test, debug and share your results as well as provide detailed explanation! I much more familiar with linux then android and always prefer modprobe but as you wrote modprobe is broken.

Comment

Ok, Contacts now sync.
                        Here's what I did in addition to unfreezing Contacts.apk:
                        Grab the latest gapps from CyanogenMod, for CM11. Here.

Open the zip file, extract the file system/app/GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk

Have the tablet plugged in, adb debugging on, push the file to the tablet:
                        Code:
                        adb root
                        adb remount
                        adb push GoogleContactsSyncAdapter.apk /system/app/
                        Then check that the option "Contacts" is now available in Settings->Accounts/Google->(your account).
                        Thanks for testing and sharing. I'm glad you got it to work. I'll get around to doing it myself tonight

Comment

Originally posted by stagdriver View Post
                          Found widgets.....

You have to tap and hold home screen for a few seconds to bring up menu.
                          Which lets you add widgets,change wall paper and access settings.
                          New feature in kit kat
                          Not a new feature - launcher dependant.

Comment

Sound problems in some games

Hello

I have installed this rom yesterday in the hope to solve Bluetooth AD2P problem from Android 4.2.2 that conduct to have micro cut sound when looking a video or listen music.

This goal is reach and all the rom works flawlessly, goo and smooth.

Meanwhile, now, I have sound from some games (Real racing, Galaxie On Fire 2 so far) totally distorded, it is like pad have not enough processor power to run the game.

The game is fluid and I can play with it perfectly except sound is crackling and distordef. In Galaxie on fire, for example, the voice islike you listen on a disk than turn slowly than it does.

This 2 games are free, so is someone can try and report please?

And is anyone have an idea of what to do?

I try several other games that works fine including NOVA 3 Modern Combat 4, ARMA II, Clear and Breach, Flash Out 3D Riptide 2 and so on...

EDIT:
                            Just to precise, I have my phone under KitKat too and no problem with these games. It seems something really related to something in ROM.
                            Last edited by feanor91; 01-24-2014, 08:39.

Comment

I really haven't tested this much since I started implementing it at the request of users. On 4.2.2 ROM's, I never heard any complaints. It seems that KitKat is more picky.[/QUOTE]

Mailed Anna at PIPO. This is her reply.
                              Dear Friend,
                              Good day.
                              Our technicians told me the 4.4 firmware will be released next month after Chinese Spring Festival.
                              Best regards,
                              Anna
                              PiPo Technology Co,.Ltd(digisino group)金森数码产品(深圳)有限公司
                              Email: [email protected]

Comment

Mail sent, we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X