Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

On arctablet they say it's just 4.2.2 again. :-(

Comment

New update from Pipo for M9 Pro

Hey Riley! Look at here:

Pipo released a new update for Pipo M9 Pro... today 2014-03-11

You know what to do!

Comment

Did you erase the IDB and remove any SD cards before you installed?
        After you did the flash, did you leave the tablet alone, not even disconnect it from your PC until it fully boots up?
        yes, and when the tablet restart i get a very fast message like this :

E: mount failed (and more but i can't read)
        E: mount failed (an other sentence)
        E: mount failed (an other sentence)

Comment

Just remember that going back and forth between KitKat and Jellybean takes some extra steps, or bricking occurs. Be careful with this until I get a chance to investigate.

I'm at the firehouse...so I can look into it after all the chiefs go home....hahaha!!!
          Randy
          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
          Read my BIO Here
          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
          Donate here

Comment

Yes, i don't try a downgrade to jelly bean. i keep my tablet with an adhesif on the power switch.

Also i can't copy from the external sd to the internal sd, i get an error. (No sd during my flash)

In France, we kwow you are fireman ! :-)

ps:
            I have been kind of a computer junkie starting with the good ole Radio Shack TRS80 in the early 80's
            me too... number one level one and level two and number four.

Comment

Hi all, I'm trying this again, can anyone post the CIFS.ko from that 2.5.2 package please (under system /lib/modules folder)?

Thanks,

By the way, I'm running this ROM since I got the tablet last week. I don't know about the GPS since I am not using it anyway, but everything else is perfect. If only I could get the CIFS to work...

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                Hi all, I'm trying this again, can anyone post the CIFS.ko from that 2.5.2 package please (under system /lib/modules folder)?

Thanks,

By the way, I'm running this ROM since I got the tablet last week. I don't know about the GPS since I am not using it anyway, but everything else is perfect. If only I could get the CIFS to work...

Do you mean the original CIFS.ko from the installed Pipo_M9_Pro_RileyROM_2.5.2_KitKat.zip rom?
                Here is that file: cifs.zip

Comment

I just confirmed that new firmware update posted on the Pipo site is a Jellybean update...NOT KitKat.

So, here's my question......do we REALLY need an updated Jellybean RileyROM? I feel like we are backtracking.

I'll let you users decide whether to devote time to this firmware, or stick with KitKat.

As far as Jellybean goes, it's hard to beat that Jellybean ROM that Finless made.
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by erik90 View Post
                    Do you mean the original CIFS.ko from the installed Pipo_M9_Pro_RileyROM_2.5.2_KitKat.zip rom?
                    Here is that file: [ATTACH]5641[/ATTACH]
                    Thanks erik90! That is the file I was looking for. But no luck, I can't get it to work. Does anyone succeed in mounting a cifs folder?

Comment

RileyRom, I love this KitKat and I would not downgrade to the new Pipo rom if it is not a new KitKat release. Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                        So, here's my question......do we REALLY need an updated Jellybean RileyROM? I feel like we are backtracking.
                        Can't really answer that without seeing a changelog for what the new JellyBean Pipo ROM brings, but for what it's worth, an emphatic Yes please.

To some of us product maturity matters much more than bleeding edge. Also, until the GPS is working in KitKat the first beta release remains a non-starter here.

earlier asked, but no reply:
                        Hi, a couple questions for all you brave souls exploring KitKat land.

I've heard some ugly rumors, are they true?

• Sandboxing data: can only write to external sd card within an app's data directory. No more access to shared "books" or "video" directories. ? does root negate this?
                        • Bypasses /etc/hosts/: breaks a century of UNIX tradition to stop users /dev/null'ing doubleclick.net to 127.0.0.1 and other DNS style adbocking tools. Proxy server methods still can work, but aren't nearly as elegant or fast.
                        due to the dangers of bricking, I'd prefer to only make the transition to KitKat just the once.

thanks

p.s., put my wifi to 100% power in nvram.txt and nvram_AP6476.txt (is the second one just an unused repository file? or is it the active one?) but mostly all I got was a battery which runs down much quicker than it used to. If I ever need to open this thing it looks like it will need the antenna hardware isolation fix.

Comment

Originally posted by jy_p View Post
                          Thanks erik90! That is the file I was looking for. But no luck, I can't get it to work. Does anyone succeed in mounting a cifs folder?

I'm not familiar with .ko files but I think that you have to change permissions in a file manager.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post

I'll let you users decide whether to devote time to this firmware, or stick with KitKat.

As far as Jellybean goes, it's hard to beat that Jellybean ROM that Finless made.
                            For example, I have not made ​​the switch to KitKat (since December 26 has not appeared nothing new, not even another beta improved as other models) ... which actually is an incomplete beta.
                            From what I read on the forum, M6/M7 Pro has several versions quite advanced, more support from Pipo developers.
                            We not have a changelog for this firmware, which could hide pleasant surprises.
                            Nobody ever said, not on their Facebook page that they will release a final and stable KitKat .. only tests.
                            Since Finless has not given any sign of life for a long time in this area of the forum, I think you should go support Jellybean as for any other model of tablet Pipo ... no one should make comparisons between what you do or Finless, with many versions users can decide for themselves where to stop.
                            Sooo, pls. make THIS 4.2.2 Jellybean ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by Edius View Post
                              For example, I have not made ​​the switch to KitKat (since December 26 has not appeared nothing new, not even another beta improved as other models) ... which actually is an incomplete beta.
                              From what I read on the forum, M6/M7 Pro has several versions quite advanced, more support from Pipo developers.
                              We not have a changelog for this firmware, which could hide pleasant surprises.
                              Nobody ever said, not on their Facebook page that they will release a final and stable KitKat .. only tests.
                              Since Finless has not given any sign of life for a long time in this area of the forum, I think you should go support Jellybean as for any other model of tablet Pipo ... no one should make comparisons between what you do or Finless, with many versions users can decide for themselves where to stop.
                              Sooo, pls. make THIS 4.2.2 Jellybean ROM.
                              Actually, I was rather hoping that Randy, being the kind chap he is, would look into porting the latest M7Pro KitKat (with working GPS) to the M9Pro. I would certainly stump up a few beers worth of donation for a fully functional KitKat GPS ROM.

Comment

I still have your JB rom on my Tab. I'd like to have Kitkat but as long as GPS is not working I have to stay with JB because thats one of the reasons I bought the Pipo.

As long as you don't see a chance to get that GPS in KitKat working why not using the time for a 4.2.2 upgrade while waiting for a KitKat version from Pipo.

Comment

Working...
                                X