No announcement yet.

Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I looked at that Russian ROM for the M8 Pro only because Pipo had one on their site and then took it down.
    It bricked my tablet when I flashed it.

Rest assured that you will be getting only official Pipo firmware from me...not something ported from someone else. I do have contacts who send me unpublished Pipo versions...but they do come from Pipo.

There is no reason for me to take a custom ROM that someone else has made and rewrap it with my name on it...there is NO UP SIDE to that. Credit is always given where credit it due for all components of my ROMs.

I may take a peek inside those ROM's for ideas...but that's pretty much it.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      I looked at that Russian ROM for the M8 Pro only because Pipo had one on their site and then took it down.
      It bricked my tablet when I flashed it.

Rest assured that you will be getting only official Pipo firmware from me...not something ported from someone else. I do have contacts who send me unpublished Pipo versions...but they do come from Pipo.

There is no reason for me to take a custom ROM that someone else has made and rewrap it with my name on it...there is NO UP SIDE to that. Credit is always given where credit it due for all components of my ROMs.

I may take a peek inside those ROM's for ideas...but that's pretty much it.
      Thanks for all your work Randy. You don't need to give explanations

Comment

I want to modify enlargements 16:09 screen 16:10 screen on HDMI output, showing up.

Comment

Re: Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 2.5.2 KitKat

Originally posted by darevil102 View Post
          Thanks for all your work Randy. You don't need to give explanations
          I second that

sent from Pipo M9 pro

Comment

Response to thread - Pipo users: READ THIS BEFORE FLASHING A KITKAT ROM!!!!!

Fully understanding your reaction (with the above thread) I must point out the most important issue that you left un-mentioned: ones own responsibility!
            People who are not sure of what they do or/and not aware of the consequences that flashing Rom's may produce should keep away from flashing or let someone more knowledgeable do it for them.
            Self responsibility is a must here. Period!
            Keep on the good work Randy as only good comes from your direction
            Thanks
            /Kastrup

Comment

Originally posted by skippie View Post
              I second that

sent from Pipo M9 pro
              +1

Comment

Originally posted by skippie View Post
                I second that

sent from Pipo M9 pro
                Me too!

I would ask everyone in this forum to moderate their answers, because we already lost Finless Bob for the PIPO M9 Pro after some extrange feedback, and I wouldn't want to loose Randy's help, because almost all of us appreciate and benefit from his work.

By the way, Randy did you finally had the chance to purchase a Pipo M9pro from donations?

If not I would also ask everybody to contribute the way you can, because all of us will benefit if he own our tablet.

Best regards for everyone, especially for Randy and Bob.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 usando Tapatalk 4

Comment

I budget my donation funds to maximize the benefit to Freaktab. I had enough saved up for one tablet, and found out that Bob was getting an M9 Pro...so I changed my order to get an M6 Pro instead. I am able to run M9 Pro ROMs on my M7 Pro...but I couldn't test my M6 Pro ROMs without an M6 Pro tablet.

I may go ahead an get an M9 Pro...as funds allow...but I'm still able to use my M7 Pro to test. I'm waiting to see how these KitKat releases go, before I decide what to do.

Plus, it is about time for Pipo to start introducing 2014 models...so I need to prepare for their arrivals.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

In the KitKat ROM there is a new partition called "metadata" that isn't present in ANY previous version of Android. You can see the new entry in the parameter file for it.

The current CWM binary that is required in a CWM Recovery.img file does not accommodate this new partition, therefore you can't make a NAND backup with ANY current version of CWM.

Until someone updates CWM for KitKat on a Rockchip device, you can't do a backup with CWM. I included the generic version in this ROM because I thought that some features might come in handy...but I haven't tested them. You may still be able to install some apps with CWM.

I've asked some of the other Freaktab developers if they've found a solution for it, but no response as of yet.
                    TEAMWIN recovery is the winner on KitKat

Comment

I haven't tried that yet...if you have a link to the specific recovery.img you used, please share it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                      Randy
                      Read my BIO Here
                      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by sbmt View Post
                        I want to modify enlargements 16:09 screen 16:10 screen on HDMI output, showing up.

I haven't ignored you with this, but I really don't have a response yet. I'm not sure how you can change the screen format on a tablet ROM...maybe we can find something that the TV Stick guys are doing to make this happen. I see there is a screen adjustment in settings for TV Sticks, but that control is missing in tablet ROM's.
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by maniuto View Post
                          Hi. How to find this forum in tapatalk app? i tried and i can not find it. No results
                          You need to search "Freaktab.com" not just freaktab. Tapatalk pro has a new interface that's nice when you find your way around it.

Sent from my Pipo M6Pro using Tapatalk Pro and RileyRom 1.7 KitKat test rom

Comment

I haven't ignored you with this, but I really don't have a response yet. I'm not sure how you can change the screen format on a tablet ROM...maybe we can find something that the TV Stick guys are doing to make this happen. I see there is a screen adjustment in settings for TV Sticks, but that control is missing in tablet ROM's.
                            I hoping and waiting.
                            I want to solve.
                            I appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by sbmt View Post
                              I hoping and waiting.
                              I want to solve.
                              I appreciate your efforts.
                              Perhaps can one of these solve your problem.

Google Play: Resolution Changer Pro
                              Google Play: NOMone Resolution Changer
                              Google Play: Screen Resolution & Density
                              Google Play: Screen Resolution Info

Comment

I know that you can change in the settings.

You must allow the aspect ratio is 16:9.

But the display is 16:10.

Therefore, it is abnormal HDMI output.

Picture stretched horizontally.

Comment

Working...
                                X