No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello! Does this rom have any major issues? Does it have the option to turn off HD mode?
    Thanks!

Comment

Myself and a few others have found this to be far more stable than the kitkat rom. I tried the 1.8.1 for about a month and had endless crashes and issues with it regardless of which kernel I used. To be honest though I didnt try 1.8.2 beyond an hour as I was seeing if it supported USB audio in which it didn't, as its built using basically the same sources I cant see it being any different to 1.8.1. But as far as this 1.6 JB rom is concerned it is dead stable and rarely needs a reboot. With Kitkat I was rebooting or crashing almost daily, at times every couple of hours. But my tablet is in heavy use daily.

If you edit the buildprop in theory you can put the switch off HD mode back in the menu's on this rom. I did this back in Feb before I tried kitkat. But on coming back to JB I didnt re-enable this menu item as HD isnt a memory, battery or resource hog that some say it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by dibnah View Post
        If you edit the buildprop in theory you can put the switch off HD mode back in the menu's on this rom. I did this back in Feb before I tried kitkat. But on coming back to JB I didnt re-enable this menu item as HD isnt a memory, battery or resource hog that some say it could be.
        YES! I did it and it worked! Thanks! It is definitely faster now. I also have the HD Mode option

Comment

Okay, it has been 2 days or so since I started using this ROM

1. It is a big improvement from the default one - my pipo is now much faster
          2. The Hd on/off works by the method posted above - however when I set the hd mode to "normal", the navigation bar (the bottom bar with home/back/etc) became impossible to "swipe up" to reappear. However, I was able to fix this by installing an app that turns the bar on/off - the app itself was very glitchy but after uninstalling it the bar can now appear after you swipe up in the area of the bar

the tablet seems to be very stable, and so far I have not noticed any issues. Thanks for this wonderful ROM! The only thing I don't understand is why I didn't do this sooner.

Comment

Working...
          X