Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
    The Riley ROM is stock based (not built from scratch) so the kernel will remain the same, even if you use a modified kernel it's stock binary patched not recompiled as we don't have the device specific source.

Sent from my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.7 KitKat
    thanks for the info Bill

Comment

Originally posted by spinna View Post
      roger that....thx giouncino

all done and working well.....thx heaps mate for your time...sent you 5 euro

ooops edit...sent to rrileypm
      lmao...must be tired...sent euro to gio thinking was sending to randy...so now sent US to randy to correct...a belated merry xmas to you two

cheers
      spinna
      Thank you.
      Which modified kernel did you install?
      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
        Thank you.
        Which modified kernel did you install?
        the one that came with the package

is their a better one?

Comment

Received my M6 Pro

Hello, I received my M6 Pro Today. I think they must have fixed the sound because both speakers are very LOUD. It is workrng great!!!!! I'm going to flash with 1.6.1 and new kernel, see how it goes...

Brian

Comment

Flashed with 1.6.1 and new kernel

Hello,

I upgraded and test with ANTUTU - my rating is 19106

Thank you

Originally posted by pmbroth View Post
            Hello, I received my M6 Pro Today. I think they must have fixed the sound because both speakers are very LOUD. It is workrng great!!!!! I'm going to flash with 1.6.1 and new kernel, see how it goes...

Brian

Comment

Originally posted by asimilator View Post
              Hi all,
              After I tried kitkat rom (previously i was on riley's 1.5) i encountered some issues that influenced my decision to go back and try riley's 1.6, so i flashed my m6pro with riley's 1.6 and giouncino's kernel_1.6_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_VERY_LOW kernel and i must say that this is the best combination i've ever tried... my pipo have never been so fast and responsive... THANK YOU GUYS A LOT!

The only problem i noticed now is very slow WIFI speed (although the signal is full). On 1.5 rom i had download speed (on LAN and WAN) around 800 kb/s and now it won't go over 150 kb/s, so now streaming my movies on local network is almost impossible as they constantly stall.
              Except that, i must say that overall performance looks extremely good now.
              Thank You!
              Originally posted by asimilator View Post
              If you know how to flash ROM, there is no reason to have problem with kernel flashing process. To flash kernel use the same flashing tool as you use for flashing ROM (ROM_Flash_Tool_137).

Download kernel file with which you want to flash your tablet (if you use riley's 1.6/1.6.1 you can download one of giouncino's here, but be aware that some of them are not stable on all m6pro's - the most stable is the one with overclocked DDR only - Claro).

Start flash tool and uncheck every option except kernel (option 4). Notice that kernel (as all other options) is pointed to RileyROM folder and kernel file in it (RileyROM\kernel.img). You can put downloaded kernel in the same folder (RileyROM) and then in the kernel field where path is defined change only the name of kernel (if the path was RileyROM\kernel.img change it to RileyROM\"new kenel's name".img).

Reboot device to flash mode, you do not have to erase IDB, and finally, start flashing process by selecting Flash ROM.

Thank you very much! It helped me alot!

Comment

the one that came with the package

is their a better one?
                yes, there are some kernel available to improve performance:
                you can choose between only RAM overclocked, ram and CPU overclocked and RAM & CPU overclocked and undervolted to save battery.

Take a look on the specific thread (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-models/page24), but pay attention to install a kernel compatible with your Firmware version!

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
                  yes, there are some kernel available to improve performance:
                  you can choose between only RAM overclocked, ram and CPU overclocked and RAM & CPU overclocked and undervolted to save battery.

Take a look on the specific thread (http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...-models/page24), but pay attention to install a kernel compatible with your Firmware version!
                  trying this one - kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr792_low_voltages

working well so far ...tyvm

Comment

trying this one - kernel_cpu1704h_gpu600h_ddr792_low_voltages

working well so far ...tyvm
                    very good.
                    it seems you have a lucky CPU too!

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                      This ROM is based on an official Pipo firmware release dated 12/9/2013.

According to Pipo, this ROM includes some improvements in the deep sleep feature. I noticed the quick boot feature has been turned off by default.

Updated Google Play Store with compatibility fixes

Auto Install Apps from External SD (see this thread for details)

As usual this ROM is:

Rooted
                      Debloated
                      Init.d Support
                      Busybox Support
                      English Default
                      Working CWM Recovery installed after first boot
                      2, 4, 6, 8, or 12gb user app space by changing parameter files
                      Boot Animation by Tattman65
                      Reboot app by Petrus
                      Updated First Time User's Guide (Please read this guide before attempting to install the first time)
                      RKBatchTool included in the kit as an alternate way to reboot to flash mode (Switch button)
                      Rockchip driver installer app is now included in the kit

Download

I've added a couple of additional tweaks to this ROM and uploaded v1.6.1. This version includes a change in the driver for 3G data to aid in better deep sleep battery savings. Also, I've increased the power on the wifi modem to improve connection. Just in case there are any problems with those two tweaks, I'm maintaining the original 1.6 ROM as an alternate to jump back to.

v1.6.1

If this ROM makes a difference for you, please consider a donation to support future RileyROM's here at Freaktab.com
                      Donate!!! Your donations keep me updated with the latest tablets to test on.
                      Looking to upgrade from RR 1.5 to 1.61. The links don't work to do the download. Help Please!!

Comment

Originally posted by jdv007 View Post
                        Looking to upgrade from RR 1.5 to 1.61. The links don't work to do the download. Help Please!!
                        it's working fine
                        Proud M7Pro owner and Freaktab fan

Comment

Originally posted by cshock2010 View Post
                          it's working fine
                          Yup, I got it now. Thanks Randy for your help. I read your bio...very interesting. I almost moved to Little Rock for a job many years ago. I was told then by my interviewer that Bill was a new, young, and energetic Governor.

Comment

I'm glad to hear it.

I just logged into the FTP server for the first time after a major overhaul...everything seems to be working OK, now. Likely a little slow, because people have some catching up to do on their traffic.
                            Randy
                            Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                            Read my BIO Here
                            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                            Donate here

Comment

Hi rrileypm

Did u have time to look at bluetooth issue I posted recently? It's bit annoying, as I use a lot of spotify with bt speaker. Turning wifi off helps, but spotify works mostly through net (wifi...)

And is the kernel in 1.6.1 zip the optimal one, or do you recommend something else? I have ran antutu several times, my score seems to be in range of 17500-17800. My new sd card is on the way, I was planning to make that "mount2sd"-fix to get memory faster.

Comment

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
                                Hi rrileypm

Did u have time to look at bluetooth issue I posted recently? It's bit annoying, as I use a lot of spotify with bt speaker. Turning wifi off helps, but spotify works mostly through net (wifi...)

And is the kernel in 1.6.1 zip the optimal one, or do you recommend something else? I have ran antutu several times, my score seems to be in range of 17500-17800. My new sd card is on the way, I was planning to make that "mount2sd"-fix to get memory faster.
                                Trying one of the Kernels I've prepared for 1.6.x ROM you will easily reach 19.000-19.500 points with Antutu.
                                Take a look on the dedicated thread.

About bluetooth: it is normal that disabling wi-fi BT goes better: both share the same antenna and work with the same frequency.

Comment

Working...
                                X