No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

does any know why catapult king dosent work.it comes on but screen dosnt recongnise the touchscreen?

Comment

Help with flashing

Hi!
      I am looking for some help with flashing Rileyrom.

My computer must have installed some drivers earlier. Because when I follow the First time user guide and click "reboot to flash mode" in Rom_flash_tool_137 it can't do anything. I get an error and am stuck.
      I've read that it says that I woun't be able to flash it with my computer... or something like that.

When I manually put the tablet in flash mode (volume + and power) my computer reacts with "A unknown usb-device". When I get that message I try to install the drivers. Rightclick in Devicemanager and point it to the correct Drivers. But it fails.

Can someone give me some advice please! It would help me alot. Any developer who can help me out? Anyone who has had the same problem and can point me in the right direction?

Comment

Does your flash tool recognize the device in "mass storage mode"?

If so...launch the RKBatchTool app...provided in the kit. Click the "switch" button to reboot to flash mode.

Make sure USB debugging is turned off in developer settings.

Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the tablet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
        Randy
        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
          Does your flash tool recognize the device in "mass storage mode"?

If so...launch the RKBatchTool app...provided in the kit. Click the "switch" button to reboot to flash mode.

Make sure USB debugging is turned off in developer settings.

Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the tablet.

Thx for the advice.

It didn't rcognized it in mass storage mode. But the other tool did recognize it when ust connected as usb. When I pushed switch it got into flash mode (I guess) but then I am stuck at the current problem where I can't install the drivers manually. (rightclick in device manager and so on)

USB-debugging is turned off.
          I am using the original cable from pipo.

I am at windows 8.1.

Any other ideas? Is there any way to destroy the current drivers? Am I the first to have theese problems? (Am I doing it wrong?!)

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by mrt_gson View Post
            Thx for the advice.

It didn't rcognized it in mass storage mode. But the other tool did recognize it when ust connected as usb. When I pushed switch it got into flash mode (I guess) but then I am stuck at the current problem where I can't install the drivers manually. (rightclick in device manager and so on)

USB-debugging is turned off.
            I am using the original cable from pipo.

I am at windows 8.1.

Any other ideas? Is there any way to destroy the current drivers? Am I the first to have theese problems? (Am I doing it wrong?!)

Thanks!
            That's the problem!
            win 8.1 is not supported!

Win 8 and below works perfectly.

I use Win8 and another PC with Win7
            if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
            https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
              That's the problem!
              win 8.1 is not supported!

Win 8 and below works perfectly.

I use Win8 and another PC with Win7
              Thank you for the answer!

Hopefully it will get support in 8.1 soon. I need to install the RileyRom to get this crap to work good. ^^

It think this tablet works almost as bad and slow as a aunts computer wich is infected with maleware, viruses, webbrowser extensions and other crap.

Well. Then I don't need to try to install it anymore. I'll maby get back here in the future to see if it supports 8.1.

I'm out!

Comment

Surely you can find an old PC laying around with an older version of Windows. Or maybe a friend with one.

The problem won't be solved anytime soon because Microsoft did away with the method used by Rockchip to communicate in 8.1.

Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by dcbede View Post
                  Hi Benjamin, if it could help, I use "power toggles" from the Google play. You can set up to 16 quick switches/links on top of the screen as it does the symbol bar included with android.
                  Hi.

Regrettably "power toggles" does not offer the possibility to toggle the "modem power".
                  Does anybody have another idea?

Thank you.

Comment

Bluetooth in RileyROM 1.6 not working?

Hello everybody, I've just flashed my M6 Pro with RileyROM 1.6 and I see that the bluetooth is not working, I cannot turn it on.
                    Anybody else have this problem? Any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by miceliux View Post
                      Hello everybody, I've just flashed my M6 Pro with RileyROM 1.6 and I see that the bluetooth is not working, I cannot turn it on.
                      Anybody else have this problem? Any idea?
                      did you try a full format and reinstall of the firmware?

Comment

Originally posted by moonwalkie View Post
                        did you try a full format and reinstall of the firmware?
                        After a reboot it works again, but I feel it so slow, and the root application has crashed, so I've lost the soft buttons and the notification bar.

I will try 1.6.1 and the KitKat version to see if things improve.

Thank you.

Comment

Hey guys, I posted this in the 1.5 thread but I am gonna move here because as I upgraded to 1.6 and the issues are from it.

1-Notice the yellow and red lines in mobile data signal. The yellow means it's searching for signal right?
                          2- Waking the device up after 9 hours the battery showed 51%,the same as I before going to sleep, but when I started to use it went from 51 to 42 in 20 minutes of use. Is this normal?
                          3 - turned on air plane mode and as you can see the mobile data is still yellow in the last minutes of usage. Any ideas? Should I make the trick of removing the libli file?

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Guys I have a couple of dumb questions.
                            1-is there any difference in performance installing a kernel? If there's not, which differences does it make?
                            2-where can I find them to download and a tutorial step by step and which are the best?
                            I am asking this because my pipo m6 pro isn't running very smooth(I am running the RileyROM 1.6).
                            Or maybe I am expecting too much for this tablet, the fact it's a quad core I wanted it to be a bit faster like scrolling a website or even playing candy crush, the candies aren't falling smooth in the screen lol.

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk

Enviado de meu SM-N9005 usando Tapatalk

Comment

Review this thread for the kernels...links to them are posted.

To flash a kernel, use the flash tool. Uncheck everything except the kernel. Direct the flash tool to the kernel you want to flash. Then flash ROM without erasing idb.

The more stable kernels are the ones with overclocked DDR.

Try not to double post the same questions. I saw your post on the 1.7 thread...there aren't any custom kernels for the KitKat ROM yet.

Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                Review this thread for the kernels...links to them are posted.

To flash a kernel, use the flash tool. Uncheck everything except the kernel. Direct the flash tool to the kernel you want to flash. Then flash ROM without erasing idb.

The more stable kernels are the ones with overclocked DDR.

Try not to double post the same questions. I saw your post on the 1.7 thread...there aren't any custom kernels for the KitKat ROM yet.

Randy, I've prepared custom kernels for M6pro and KitKat too.
                                if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                                https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Working...
                                X