Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fokemon View Post
    Ooops, it was actually karmantuy's (starting with 825_). I totally confused kernels, as it was uploaded from a thread where Giouncino was very active... Sorry, lads.
    I think I scored about the same with 1.6.1 package rom also, need to test it some day. I ran a new one when faced the issue with sd mounting.
    no problem, karmantuy started from my ideas and modifications for his kernels!
    if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
    https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Does deep-sleep mode work now in v1.6.1, if so is there anything particular I need to so to make that work.

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        Hmmmmmm, are you sure you have an M6 Pro tablet? Or is it an original M6 Max? Somehow, I think you are flashing the wrong ROM. Soooooo many people with the M6 Pro have reported good results from this ROM. It appears yours is an isolated case.
        I am as sure as I could be.
        I bought a M6 pro. It says m6 pro on the backside of the tablet. It says m6 pro on the box it was delivered in.
        Do I/we need to confirm it another way?

But have I done everything right? I've followed your guide and told you a bit about it here. Does it sound that I've done it right?

You think I should flash the original rom with the flashtool included in the package I got here and try it all over? Or should it not make any difference to flash original rom and then try it again?

Thanks for your thoughts and help. Maby I will success one day!

EDIT:
        I got home from my parents now and had a look at the box which the tablet came in. It says "Max- M6 Pro" on the box.
        So now I am unsure what kind of tablet they have sent me.

I would like some tips on how to decide the version of the tablet. Should I be able to look at some serialnumber or something like that?

Thanks!
        Last edited by mrt_gson; 02-12-2014, 12:20.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
          no problem, karmantuy started from my ideas and modifications for his kernels!
          Yes, I am a humble follower of the great master.
          Everybody who has flashed my modified kernel should check the stability at 1416MHz with noFrills fixed min-max. frequency and Antutu's stability test.
          I've tested the kernel with the stability test on every frequency and had to raise voltage at 1416MHz with 25mV to 1175mV. That is still more than 10% power saving compared to the original kernel.

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6

today i purchased dual band wifi router but it seems that on 1.6 rom, 5ghz wifi connection is not listed and visible at all... i was sure that m6pro is dual band wifi capable but seems not... anyone else noticed this?

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk 2

Comment

The Chinese shops are lying about the 5 GHz WiFi. There are some M6max with dualband WiFi built-in but no M6pro. I've got my M6pro with broken charger from Pipomall. I wanted RMA back to them because of the lying (about the 5GHz WiFi) and damages, but they did not give me the RMA details. PayPal denied refunds because I didn't returned the goods. Nice chinese play. Do not believe half of their sayings.
              Last edited by karmantyu; 02-11-2014, 17:36.

Comment

Originally posted by NickC_UK View Post
                Does deep-sleep mode work now in v1.6.1, if so is there anything particular I need to so to make that work.
                No, it should work as default.
                If not, you probably have an app that that do not allow the tablet to go in deep sleep.
                You can check if it is working installing CPU spy and leave the tablet alone for 5-10 minutes then you will see the deep sleep line.

Comment

Originally posted by karmantyu View Post
                  Yes, I am a humble follower of the great master.
                  Everybody who has flashed my modified kernel should check the stability at 1416MHz with noFrills fixed min-max. frequency and Antutu's stability test.
                  I've tested the kernel with the stability test on every frequency and had to raise voltage at 1416MHz with 25mV to 1175mV. That is still more than 10% power saving compared to the original kernel.
                  exaggerated!!!

I have noted this particular behaviour:
                  with JB the lowest voltage kernel is working correctly on my tablet, BUT for kitkat I needed to raise a little bit the voltages to reach the perfect stability.

Now I'm using these parameters for the CPU:

[800000, 312000],
                  [825000, 504000],
                  [900000, 816000],
                  [975000, 1008000],
                  [1075000, 1200000],
                  [1150000, 1416000],
                  [1275000, 1704000],

for every frequency (except 1.7Ghz) it is set to -100mV wrt the stock.

I think it is due to the different behaviour of kitkat:
                  In brief, kitkat usually raise the frequency from low to high freq and vice versa (in a different manner wrt JB that is more "gradual").
                  This will rapidly change also the relevant voltages and I think that could be a problem about the "Slew rate" of the voltage regulators.
                  For that reason I tried to give a little bit more power to the higher frequencies.

I will write this also in the relevant thread

Comment

Version of M6. Confirmed?

Hi again! I am sorry for my multi posts. But I hope that I will get an conclusion soon.

So I've searched to forums here on freaktab to get clues for which version I got and read a post that giouncino wrote: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...hlight=pipo+m6
                    "This is not true!
                    I've bought 7 pipoM6 PRO and 1 PipoM6 and ALL are 16Gb. If you have the "pro" version on the back of the tablet it is written "pipoM6 pro" otherwise is written only "pipom6".
                    Both models are available in 16Gb or 32Gb version."

So if it says Pipo M6 Pro on the backside of the tablet it should be the pro version.

Can we confirm that it's the Pro version I got?

Comment

Originally posted by mrt_gson View Post
                      Hi again! I am sorry for my multi posts. But I hope that I will get an conclusion soon.

So I've searched to forums here on freaktab to get clues for which version I got and read a post that giouncino wrote: http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.p...hlight=pipo+m6
                      "This is not true!
                      I've bought 7 pipoM6 PRO and 1 PipoM6 and ALL are 16Gb. If you have the "pro" version on the back of the tablet it is written "pipoM6 pro" otherwise is written only "pipom6".
                      Both models are available in 16Gb or 32Gb version."

So if it says Pipo M6 Pro on the backside of the tablet it should be the pro version.

Can we confirm that it's the Pro version I got?
                      Of course yes, I can confirm what I wrote there.
                      So you definitely have an M6pro.

Try to install the stock ROM to see if it works:

download and install the latest one (december 31st)

Comment

Pipo m6pro Wifi

Please forgive my noobiness ... is this ROM for the Pipo m6pro (only) WIFI (not the 3g model)? ......

Comment

Yesterday I have that RileyROM 1.6.1 installed on my M6 Pro 32 3G.
                          Everything is excellent. 3G I have not yet tested.
                          The only problem is that I can not install "The Room Two" from the Google Play Store. It is said that M6 is not compatible. Is there a fix?
                          Is it possible to separately download the Chinese launcher?
                          And why is the boot logo so small? I think that this version, compared with what the Chinese have delivered, does not need to hide.

Comment

Status bar hidden and will not come back

I seem to have a problem some days that the main status/menu bar is hidden and will not reappear, reboot and it seems to come back. Any ideas.

Comment

Swipe up from the bottom and it should appear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                                Swipe up from the bottom and it should appear.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                                No, tried that obviously but still no menu bar.

Comment

Working...
                                X