No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have added drivers for USB DVB-T sticks and TVheadend . After tuning channels with tvheadend I can watch TV easily using TVHguide app from Play store to select channels and programs and play with video stream player software: MXPlayer from play store.
    The advice I got from liveTV thread of this forum:

Is there any idea to include the USB DVB-t drivers, TVHeadEnd software, TVHGuide application and MXPlayer application to this ROM ?

These drivers don't take too much space and quite many USB DVB-T sticks could be supported.
    At least I got 2 different sticks ( Afatech9015 based Dazzle 71e and RTL2832U+FC0012 based noname ) playing perfectly.

Comment

If you provide me with a link to the drivers, I can add them.
      Randy
      Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
      Read my BIO Here
      Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
      Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
        If you provide me with a link to the drivers, I can add them.
        It was little bit tricky to make package . I am not sure ,what is needed to include it to ROM, but I have added with ES file explorer
        -drivers to /system/lib/modules/
        -firmware files to /system/etc/firmware/
        - init script (02dvbt) to /system/etc/init.d/
        - tvheadend to /data/dvb/

To install modules in boot ROM init.d support is needed and I got it using
        Uni-init v1.0.apk

Here is the package:

Comment

Forgot to add, that it might work also with other RK3188 based ROMs depending on kernel?

Also I don't know , what USB DVB-T Sticks are supported, because I did not include all possible drivers.

At least my Dazzle 71e (Afatech9015) and Chiave USB DVB-T (rtl2832u + fc0012) are supported.

Comment

Thanks for the contribution!!!!!!!

BTW, my ROM already has init.d support.
            Randy
            Read my BIO Here
            Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
            Donate here

Comment

But still I had to activate with Uni-init v1.0.apk.

I don't know , if there is other tricks to do it already in ROM configuration.

Comment

You just need to drop your script file in etc/init.d...but leave everything else alone or you will loose root.

There's more to it than that...but that's where the scripts go.
                Randy
                Read my BIO Here
                Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by hikka View Post
                  It was little bit tricky to make package . I am not sure ,what is needed to include it to ROM, but I have added with ES file explorer
                  -drivers to /system/lib/modules/
                  -firmware files to /system/etc/firmware/
                  - init script (02dvbt) to /system/etc/init.d/
                  - tvheadend to /data/dvb/

To install modules in boot ROM init.d support is needed and I got it using
                  Uni-init v1.0.apk

Here is the package:
                  https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BycS...0NtR0M3c01IUjQ
                  hi hikka, I just followed your instruction, downloaded firmware of my Cabletech URZ0085 (IT9135 chip based) but mu Pipo M6 Pro 3G (RR 1.8 KitKat) does not recognize device connected. I would say nothing happens. Can't connect to localhost on ports 99981 and 9982 as well (TVHGuide) - ECONNREFUSED. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by porthos View Post
                    hi hikka, I just followed your instruction, downloaded firmware of my Cabletech URZ0085 (IT9135 chip based) but mu Pipo M6 Pro 3G (RR 1.8 KitKat) does not recognize device connected. I would say nothing happens. Can't connect to localhost on ports 99981 and 9982 as well (TVHGuide) - ECONNREFUSED. Any suggestions?
                    Have you used Terminal Emulator to run script with commands:
                    su
                    sh /system/etc/init.d/02dvbt

If your receiver drivers are included, you should after that be able to start tvheadend with browser.
                    You can see in terminal emulator window, if your receiver is detected.
                    After that you have to configure your receiver in tvheadend , select muxes , ....

When it is once tuned and init.d support activated, you can go direct after boot TVHGuide to select channel or program to play.

I have tested it only with RR1.6 JellyBean and don't know, if drivers need to be compiled for Kitkat to get it working.

Comment

Thank you hikka. Almost done. When I try to select TV Adapter this field is empty. I missed to install proper driver I think. Did I?
                      Last edited by porthos; 03-25-2014, 00:35.

Comment

Thank you hikka. Almost done. When I try to select TV Adapter this field is empty. I missed to install proper driver I think. Did I?
                        Drivers should be included, but what do you see in Terminal Emulator window, when run init.d again.

Did you have receiver connected, when booted?

Check the wiki about your receiver

Comment

Originally posted by hikka View Post
                          Drivers should be included, but what do you see in Terminal Emulator window, when run init.d again.
                          Did you have receiver connected, when booted?
                          Yeah I did it. Please do me a favor and take a look into the file 9135.txt. Did I miss something?

dvb-usb-it9135-01.fw dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw uploaded to /system/etc/firmware
                          Last edited by porthos; 03-25-2014, 10:19.

Comment

Randy, I think there is a problem with that.

Because with the M8 HD, I need also universal init.d app to get it working.

The init.d functionnality is not working out of the box in the last KitKat Rom.

I don't know why !

Comment

Yeah I did it. Please do me a favor and take a look into the file [ATTACH]5880[/ATTACH]. Did I miss something?

dvb-usb-it9135-01.fw dvb-usb-it9135-02.fw uploaded to /system/etc/firmware
                              Check, if this helps you find out correct tuner driver:
                              I have built all the drivers from video4linux and liplianin-s2-liplianin-v37, this means you do not need linux as I have already done it for you, however there will be cases where you will need to build your own drivers, go down to the bottom of this post to see how to do that

download all of the pre built drivers from video4linux
                              http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NzM2Ng/

or

download all of the pre built drivers from liplianin-s2-liplianin-v37
                              http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NzM2NQ/

an example of how to use these drivers
                              1: You must know the name of your tuner, for example I own KWorld UB499-2T to find out whatChipset you have go here http://linuxtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hardware_Device_Information and find the name of your tuner and find out what Chipset it uses and what firmware you need. then use Google to find out what KO files you need to use

2: now you must make a init.d script to load the drivers on boot you can download this one and modify it as you need
                              http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NzM2Nw/
                              3: time to copy over the files, using a up to date version of ES Explorer mount all drives as rw
                              4: download this
                              http://www.cloudstor.es/file/m1_NzM2OA/ and extract it. copy the folder dvb to data on your android stick
                              5: copy your init.d script to system/etc/init.d
                              6: copy your KO files to system/lib/modules
                              7: copy your firmware to system/etc/firmware
                              8: reboot
                              9: to configure tvheadend go to your browser on the box and type
                              http://localhost:9981
                              It is possible, that newer linux kernel version in kitkat causes problem or missing driver for DVB receiver chipset.

Comment

Hello to all...
                                This is the first time that i post in here after a lot of reading... so please be patience!

I have one simple question for you (but not for me)...

I have the Pipo-MaxM6pro 3G (version number: rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 ota 1.1.3 20131209 | kernel: 3.0.36+ | rooted) and i am trying to learn a few things so i can start experimenting, because this (original) ROM is REALLY bad for my taste! After a few apps installed i see lags, tablet is freezes for a few seconds some times, and i really really don't like that!

So here is the question...
                                Is "Pipo-MaxM6pro 3G" the same model as "Pipo M6 Pro" that you are talking about in this thread?

I know that for many of you the reaction will be -->
                                But me... i want to be absolutely sure about what i m going to try for the first time, so thank you for your patience in advance!

Comment

Working...
                                X