No announcement yet.

Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Later today, I'll check and see if I can increase that signal strength. Stay tuned.
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
      Sorry, I don't. If you find one, please share.

Sent from my M7Pro
      Here you are! Please include this in your next ROM's module folder.
      Attached Files

Comment

Thanks, I'll add that to my list of ko files.
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by 9michael9 View Post
          Please help me with kernel flashing process. A detailed description will be highly appreciated!
          If you know how to flash ROM, there is no reason to have problem with kernel flashing process. To flash kernel use the same flashing tool as you use for flashing ROM (ROM_Flash_Tool_137).

Download kernel file with which you want to flash your tablet (if you use riley's 1.6/1.6.1 you can download one of giouncino's here, but be aware that some of them are not stable on all m6pro's - the most stable is the one with overclocked DDR only - Claro).

Start flash tool and uncheck every option except kernel (option 4). Notice that kernel (as all other options) is pointed to RileyROM folder and kernel file in it (RileyROM\kernel.img). You can put downloaded kernel in the same folder (RileyROM) and then in the kernel field where path is defined change only the name of kernel (if the path was RileyROM\kernel.img change it to RileyROM\"new kenel's name".img).

Reboot device to flash mode, you do not have to erase IDB, and finally, start flashing process by selecting Flash ROM.

Comment

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
            flash kernel only with finless tool. Do not erase anything else.
            Hello,

I am new to this wonderful place so please forgive my noobiness.
            I have just purchased a Pipo M6pro
            Model No
            - M6pro
            Android Version
            Kernel Version
            - 3.0.36+
            root@alex-System-Product-Name #213
            Mon Dec 9 12:28:51 CST 2013
            Build No
            - rk30sdk-eng 4.2.2 ota 1.1.3 20131209
            Network
            Mobile Network Type
            - HSPA: 10
            I downloaded and installed Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.6.1 and all went well.
            I would now like to try and upgrade the kernel.
            I have been searching but am having no luck finding this "Finless Tool" as such.
            Can someone please link me?

Also I have been trying to use "skype" - just over wifi at the moment - and it keeps disconnecting on me....is this normal for skype/pipo tablet?

cheers
            spinna

Comment

The ROM_Flash_Tool_137 in your ROM kit is the Finless Tool.

Sorry for the confusion...we refer to it as the Finless Tool because it's the version of Rockchip's Flash Tool that Finless customized/compiled for Freaktab users.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

The ROM_Flash_Tool_137 in your ROM kit is the Finless Tool.

Sorry for the confusion...we refer to it as the Finless Tool because it's the version of Rockchip's Flash Tool that Finless customized/compiled for Freaktab users.
                thanks for the quick reply mate

so what's the process for upgrading the kernel....I see two places that can be done
                1 - under the nfs tab that requires offset parameters to be set and kernel to be linked
                2 - under the Ram tab which has offset already filled and kernel to be linked

is their a "how to" like your "rrileyrom flashing instructions"?

spinna

Comment

Actually its so easy, there's no guide.

Open the flash tool and reboot to flash mode.

Uncheck all of the items except kernel.

Place the kernel you want to flash in the RILEYROM folder and browse the flash tool to the kernel file you want to flash. There is a browse box to right of each line.

Don't erase idb. Just flash the kernel.

When the tablet boots you will be running the newly flashed kernel.

If the tablet doesn't boot with the kernel...you must manually get into flash mode. Click the reset hole to turn the tablet off. Then press esc and power for a few seconds until the flash tool sees the tablet in loader mode.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Donate here

Comment

Actually its so easy, there's no guide.

Open the flash tool and reboot to flash mode.

Uncheck all of the items except kernel.

Place the kernel you want to flash in the RILEYROM folder and browse the flash tool to the kernel file you want to flash. There is a browse box to right of each line.

Don't erase idb. Just flash the kernel.

When the tablet boots you will be running the newly flashed kernel.

If the tablet doesn't boot with the kernel...you must manually get into flash mode. Click the reset hole to turn the tablet off. Then press esc and power for a few seconds until the flash tool sees the tablet in loader mode.

So what are the "nfs" and "ram" tabs...pretty sure I know what the ram one is for but just incase

and this is the kernel I wish to do "kernel_m6pro_1.3_cpu1.6_gpu600_ddr720"

so do I browse to kernel file in both tabs (nfs and ram)?

Comment

Originally posted by spinna View Post
                      So what are the "nfs" and "ram" tabs...pretty sure I know what the ram one is for but just incase

and this is the kernel I wish to do "kernel_m6pro_1.3_cpu1.6_gpu600_ddr720"

so do I browse to kernel file in both tabs (nfs and ram)?
                      That kernel is for RR_1.3 you have installed 1.6.x rom. You could have some trouble using such a old kernel...
                      I suggest you to use one of the Kernel I've prepared for 1.6.x.

PS: You do not need to browse anything in NFS and RAM tab, only in flash one!!!!
                      if you appreciate my efforts this is the link for any donation:
                      https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...NonHostedGuest

Comment

Thanks you and advice

hi i have just flashed the pipo m6pro firmware 1.5 to my daughters m6pro and then discovered that there is this later 1.6.1 version and of course i want to have the latest version1

when i installed the 1.5 firmware this effectively wiped the content of the pipo

is ther a way of upgrading the firmware that will not involve a completewipe of the current tablet configuration including data as well as apps? Also on a related question is there a way of backing up the data and apps and settings so they can be reinstalled on a wiped and new firmware tablet?

Please

ps i am running windows xp sp3 on my pc - riley roms first time user guide did guide me successfully thru the firmware installation and was infinitely better than the pipo user guide chinglish, however the instructions in the user guide did not completely match what iwas getting with windows xp so i had to use a bit of guess work and common sense and trial and error and persistence

Comment

That kernel is for RR_1.3 you have installed 1.6.x rom. You could have some trouble using such a old kernel...

PS: You do not need to browse anything in NFS and RAM tab, only in flash one!!!!

roger that....thx giouncino

all done and working well.....thx heaps mate for your time...sent you 5 euro

ooops edit...sent to rrileypm
                          lmao...must be tired...sent euro to gio thinking was sending to randy...so now sent US to randy to correct...a belated merry xmas to you two

cheers
                          spinna
                          Last edited by spinna; 02-01-2014, 12:47. Reason: error

Comment

query....Kernel version and Build number in "About Tablet" hasn't changed after installing "Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.6.1"....why?

Kernel Version
                            - 3.0.36+
                            Build No

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6

roger that....thx giouncino

all done and working well.....thx heaps mate for your time...sent you 5 euro

ooops edit...sent to rrileypm
                              lmao...must be tired...sent euro to gio thinking was sending to randy...so now sent US to randy to correct...a belated merry xmas to you two

cheers
                              spinna
                              Thanks!!!

Randy
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6

query....Kernel version and Build number in "About Tablet" hasn't changed after installing "Pipo_M6_Pro_RileyROM_1.6.1"....why?

Kernel Version
                                - 3.0.36+
                                Build No
                                The Riley ROM is stock based (not built from scratch) so the kernel will remain the same, even if you use a modified kernel it's stock binary patched not recompiled as we don't have the device specific source.

Sent from my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.7 KitKat

Comment

Working...
                                X