Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by porthos View Post
    Flashing JB you have to tick Loader in Flash Tool
    I checked it and followed the instructions carefully but after i clicked flash ROM the flash tool test and reset the device but it does not responds. Maybe theres a problem with my download or something... Anyway everything is working now

Comment

Originally posted by min0taur View Post
      I tried to flash this rom from 1.8 kitkat

1. Erase iDb using tool from kitkat then close after done.
      2. Flash using tool from this rom
      * in status window it resets the tablet but sadly the tab wont detect by the PC again

I tried to press the reset button, and other combinations with no luck
      I had also difficulties to go back to Riley 1.6 after 1.8 Kitkat.
      I had to reflash 1.8 kitkat.

Finally I managed to flash another Jelly Bean Rom with Rockchip Batch Tool. Even with that was some hassle with two trials to flash.

After that I was able to flash also Riley 1.6 with its flashing tools.

Comment

Originally posted by hikka View Post
        I had also difficulties to go back to Riley 1.6 after 1.8 Kitkat.
        I had to reflash 1.8 kitkat.

Finally I managed to flash another Jelly Bean Rom with Rockchip Batch Tool. Even with that was some hassle with two trials to flash.

After that I was able to flash also Riley 1.6 with its flashing tools.
        Thanks for confirming this issue

Comment

Thanks for confirming this issue
          Yeah I also faced these issues. I presumed it was a bug with my VM that I was flashing using. I resorted to using Kitkat in the end.

Comment

Is there any possibility to disable the "button bar hide button"?
            I mean the double V key, which hides the button bar.

Comment

Its ok now running 1.8 RileyRom KitKat again.

If you mean before it doesn't power on nor charge (Because the problem occurs after I erase Nand)

What i did:
              1. Pluged in wall charger
              2. Leave it connected to the PC
              3. After a few minutes it gets detected I erase Nand again and reflash kitkat
              I did have similar issues when I did mine about two months ago, but I found that you need to erase the Nand twice before making sure you flash the JB bootloader. I seem to recall the bootloader isnt ticked by default and this tripped me up. I then had a heck of a job getting into flash mode as the button combination was different to those in the instructions. KK was good especially its memory management but unstable for me, whereas JB is dead stable with no need to reboot or random crashes.

Comment

tab is very slow and laggy

Hi all
                I am using thi fw from 4 5 months it is working like charm..
                But now i am facing problem that my tab goes very laggy and slow. I have flashed the fw again but the tesults ate same. Please someone tell me what happened with my device.
                And sorry for my bad english

Comment

Hi kaleem, I have noticed this very same issue. Cleaning up caches seems to help, but I think other only way to sort it is to reflash but making sure you fully wipe the machines nand when you flash. Make sure you have no bug apps multi tasking and you should also find about 5 mins in the tablet goes back to normal

I did try KK but I had some big stability issues while on KK and a super sensitive screen. kk though did have much better memory magement even though my physical ram was less when flashed by over 200mb. I am debating KK again for a bit to see how the newer version is, I used the original "stable" March version.

Sorry but I think that is the price of us getting a high spec but ultimately crazy cheap tablet

Comment

Originally posted by dibnah View Post
                    Hi kaleem, I have noticed this very same issue. Cleaning up caches seems to help, but I think other only way to sort it is to reflash but making sure you fully wipe the machines nand when you flash. Make sure you have no bug apps multi tasking and you should also find about 5 mins in the tablet goes back to normal

I did try KK but I had some big stability issues while on KK and a super sensitive screen. kk though did have much better memory magement even though my physical ram was less when flashed by over 200mb. I am debating KK again for a bit to see how the newer version is, I used the original "stable" March version.

Sorry but I think that is the price of us getting a high spec but ultimately crazy cheap tablet

You are absolutely right bro i also try kk but the same stability issues with my device.
                    Cheap things always sucks.
                    But what we could do now
                    To make it useable.

Comment

for now all you can do is keep an eye on app threads that run in the back ground and kill them, advanced task manager will help identify rogue tasks. You can then issue a stop running within the system settings app which comes with the tablet. Also you need to clean your caches every few weeks, I use Ram Manager pro for this or Clean Master.

All the above are on the market. On the KK front I dont think personally the M6 will get any more updates from Pipo whether JB or KK now the P1 has come to market. I think this is why KK was only ever an unofficial release via their facebook page as the bugs werent fully ironed out.

To be fair to Pipo though, their firmware is no worse than many others and I have had similar issues on Samsungs and other highend devices running android, and its a whole bunch better than Ios (my work has forced IOS upon me for the last 4 months and its hideously buggy). Many of the KK issues can be seen on other devices running KK, so time to sit it out a bit while Google release the next food version of Android

Comment

Originally posted by dibnah View Post
                        for now all you can do is keep an eye on app threads that run in the back ground and kill them, advanced task manager will help identify rogue tasks. You can then issue a stop running within the system settings app which comes with the tablet. Also you need to clean your caches every few weeks, I use Ram Manager pro for this or Clean Master.
                        Thanks for your informative reply
                        I am also using clean master to reduce load on ram
                        Yes i also thinks that no update will come from pipo because many new models have been in market now
                        Well the only thing we can do is to wait for new firmwares.

Comment

I haven't seen an update for the M6 Pro since February...all of these versions have been based on that last firmware. I've asked Anna Ye at Pipo if there were any updates....she says no. But I'll keep looking.
                          Randy
                          Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                          Read my BIO Here
                          Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                          Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by rrileypm View Post
                            I haven't seen an update for the M6 Pro since February...all of these versions have been based on that last firmware. I've asked Anna Ye at Pipo if there were any updates....she says no. But I'll keep looking.
                            Thanks for keeping this device alive

Comment

Originally posted by kaleemmks View Post
                              Hi all
                              I am using thi fw from 4 5 months it is working like charm..
                              But now i am facing problem that my tab goes very laggy and slow. I have flashed the fw again but the tesults ate same....
                              Concern come back to RR 1.6.1 JB - I used KK1.8 for two months and decided to return JB on my tab. Maybe it's not responsive and fast like KK but more stable, reliable and everything is working. Thanks Randy and Giouncino for your incredible work.
                              Last edited by porthos; 07-14-2014, 17:26.

Comment

I couldnt agree more, Riley and Giouncino deserve a massive pat on the back for all their help and time making these roms and ultimately providing free tech support too!

Comment

Working...
                                X