Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6 [Last Stable Jellybean]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VanJ View Post
    Thanks. Is there any way, how to reset the tablet into factory settings without touchscreen interaction? My screen is blank, but tablet is working over hdmi, until I accidentaly set wrong hdmi mode which my tv can't show :-(
    maybe through adb with tablet plug to a computer by usb

need to have USB debbuging on in the tablet

adb shell
    recovery --wipe_cache

or

recovery --wipe_data

to remove all user data (apk) = factory reset

Comment

The question is, how to set up debbuging mode :-(

Comment

Originally posted by VanJ View Post
        The question is, how to set up debbuging mode :-(
        It 's through settings page ! (need screen !)

last attempt : reflash it

Then enable in settings / Developer otions :
        USB Debugging
        and
        Show touches

The last one to see where you are when you touch the screen

Comment

Or I can connect a mouse... :-)
          I will reflash it.

Comment

Unable to complete 1st time flash - got stuck

Got stuck after flashinf about 240k. The tablet presents RileyROM shield and a little Android with "No command..". Please see

Any rescue options?

Resolved. Seems to be bed USB cable.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by 9michael9; 01-30-2014, 06:52.

Comment

Hi all,
              After I tried kitkat rom (previously i was on riley's 1.5) i encountered some issues that influenced my decision to go back and try riley's 1.6, so i flashed my m6pro with riley's 1.6 and giouncino's kernel_1.6_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_VERY_LOW kernel and i must say that this is the best combination i've ever tried... my pipo have never been so fast and responsive... THANK YOU GUYS A LOT!

The only problem i noticed now is very slow WIFI speed (although the signal is full). On 1.5 rom i had download speed (on LAN and WAN) around 800 kb/s and now it won't go over 150 kb/s, so now streaming my movies on local network is almost impossible as they constantly stall.
              Except that, i must say that overall performance looks extremely good now.
              Thank You!

Comment

Try 1.6.1

It has increased wifi power.
                Randy
                Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                Read my BIO Here
                Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                Donate here

Comment

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6

After router reset wifi speeds are back to normal.. tnx

Comment

Another nobe question: How to flash different kernel?

1.61 ROM is a huge improvement over the official one. Hoever, it is statering. I want t to ant to try one of the overclocked kernels, but I dont know how to flash them. Please help.

Comment

Hi Riley,

Do you have an nls_utf8.ko module for this rom? It would be a great help to connect to my SAMBA.

Comment

Sorry, I don't. If you find one, please share.

Sent from my M7Pro
                        Randy
                        Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                        Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by asimilator View Post
                          Hi all,
                          After I tried kitkat rom (previously i was on riley's 1.5) i encountered some issues that influenced my decision to go back and try riley's 1.6, so i flashed my m6pro with riley's 1.6 and giouncino's kernel_1.6_cpu1704h_gpu600h STOCK_ddr720_VERY_LOW kernel and i must say that this is the best combination i've ever tried... my pipo have never been so fast and responsive... THANK YOU GUYS A LOT!

The only problem i noticed now is very slow WIFI speed (although the signal is full). On 1.5 rom i had download speed (on LAN and WAN) around 800 kb/s and now it won't go over 150 kb/s, so now streaming my movies on local network is almost impossible as they constantly stall.
                          Except that, i must say that overall performance looks extremely good now.
                          Thank You!

Please help me with kernel flashing process. A detailed description will be highly appreciated!

Comment

1.6.1 installed day before yesterday, and it seems lot smoother than latest provided by Anna! My second rom flashing was easy and fast, thanks to excellent instructions!!!
                            Thanks for the effort that you have made for these!

Comment

Sumvision Cyclone Voyager 2

Hi guys, first up thanks to the OP for all his hard work. Yesterday I made the leap from an Archos 80 G9 Turbo to the sumvision cyclone voyager 297 (£149 from Huddersfield). I thought I would post up here that this rom does indeed work with the Sumvision for those that arent too sure and it is doing very well. I have had some crashes but they were app related and not Rom related. Overall, battery consumption is fantastic, Wifi is good, as is bluetooth and GPS.

I guess now I have a pretty good current tablet and as an ex commodore/orange pcs developer its time to start building roms etc and offer something back to the community.
                              Many thanks

Comment

Hi again...

1.6.1 seems to have bluetooth strenght quite low, as speaker is cutting out after 1,5 meters. Is there a way to boost it, or should it be updatet in ROM?
                                I tested same speaker with my Lumia, and distance for clear sound was apprx.5 meters

Comment

Working...
                                X