X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pipo M6 Pro RileyROM 1.6

Originally posted by giouncino View Post
    That is for kitkat only.
    I've not prepared a RAM modified only for JB.
    The kernels are not compatible!
    I figured as much. I'll read thru the thread you mentioned for the 1.6 related kernels and post any questions/comments there.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Comment

USB storage/host mode not working

Hi,

Does host mode work on these tablets? when I plug in a USB stick with the usb OTG cable, nothing seems to happen.

I want to use the tablet to control my quadcopter with the andropilot app, and for that host mode musty work.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpraline2 View Post
        Hi,

Does host mode work on these tablets? when I plug in a USB stick with the usb OTG cable, nothing seems to happen.

I want to use the tablet to control my quadcopter with the andropilot app, and for that host mode musty work.
        It should work, at least for normal USB storage. I'm on RR 1.7 and when I plug in a USB stick there's a notification saying preparing storage and it mounts automatically on /mnt/usb_storage. You can unmount for safe removal under settings and storage.

Sent from my m6pro running Riley ROM 1.7 KitKat

Comment

Originally posted by Ayscii View Post
          Thanks! I'll give that one a go and see...
          I've tried it and will post a reply over in the 1.7 thread rather than continue discussing here in the non-kitkat thread....

Sent from my M6 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
            It should work, at least for normal USB storage. I'm on RR 1.7 and when I plug in a USB stick there's a notification saying preparing storage and it mounts automatically on /mnt/usb_storage. You can unmount for safe removal under settings and storage.
            Thanks, but I will wait until the dust has settled before installing kitkat. I need a least the gps to work

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jsager View Post
              This is for kit kat, version 1.7 of RileyRom. Will this work with 1.6 or is their a different kernel needed? This is great stuff you guys are doing.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
              Ok, are there plans for 1.6.1?

Comment

Originally posted by mrpraline2 View Post
                Hi,

To answer my own question: host mode works after I set ro.rk.MassStorage=true.

Maybe a good default for a next version?

Sent from my M6pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Ill keep that in mind.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk
                  Randy
                  Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                  Read my BIO Here
                  Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                  Donate here

Comment

Nob's question - Tried to follow "First time user guide" but..

Didn't find the tool as called by "Next, launch the RKAndroidTool.exe from the RileyROM folder". There is an "alternate_reboot_to_flash_tool" which looks different.
                    Please help!

Comment

Originally posted by 9michael9 View Post
                      Didn't find the tool as called by "Next, launch the RKAndroidTool.exe from the RileyROM folder". There is an "alternate_reboot_to_flash_tool" which looks different.
                      Please help!
                      It's in the main folder when you unzip the ROM kit from the first post and the alternative tool is in a sub directory.

Comment

Could someone please post a screenshot of hdmi modes available in the hdmi settings? Is it different to version RR1.4.2?

Comment

Originally posted by VanJ View Post
                          Could someone please post a screenshot of hdmi modes available in the hdmi settings? Is it different to version RR1.4.2?
                          Below the hdmi modes available in 1.6.1 RileyRom :

1920x1080p_50Hz
                          1920x1080p_60Hz
                          1280x720p_50Hz
                          1280x720p_60Hz
                          720x576p_50Hz
                          720x480p_60Hz

Comment

Thanks. Is there any way, how to reset the tablet into factory settings without touchscreen interaction? My screen is blank, but tablet is working over hdmi, until I accidentaly set wrong hdmi mode which my tv can't show :-(

Comment

Originally posted by Billcnz View Post
                              It's in the main folder when you unzip the ROM kit from the first post and the alternative tool is in a sub directory.

I appreciate your response BUT I didn't see the said file at the location you pointed at....

Comment

Originally posted by 9michael9 View Post
                                I appreciate your response BUT I didn't see the said file at the location you pointed at....
                                Have the same question when I do it first time !
                                Try "ROM_Flash_Tool_137.exe" in the main folder (don't forget to right click on it and execute as administrator.

Comment

Working...
                                X