Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

OK folks so the 109K4 came out a week ago.

About the same stuff I do to my ROMs but this time I did not have to do everything as Oman is now putting much of my patches in the stock ROM!
    But not everything as you can see below.

This is based on the S82/S89 109K4 ROM.

This is for the following devices:
    - Tronsmart S89 and S89-H
    - Beelink S82 and S82-H
    - Beelink M8 (black and red round box)
    - Beelink MXIII 2GB

This IS NOT for the ENY/Acemax EM8 square box!!!

Features and release notes for my 2.0 ROM:

1) 109K4 was now rooted from the factory! So I did not need to root it this time

2) Updated Google framework core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    On first boot NOTHING will need to be updated once you logon to Google Play.
    That is as of this date.

3) Debloated of junk APPs and Google Apps you can get from Google Play.
    There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    NOTE: The XBMC that came with 109K4 is in this ZIP package (Oman modified). Feel free to install it if you like.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.
    Again I had to figure it out!

5) I fixed the AOSP Launcher for several things:
    Removed the Google search bar by request.
    Added more than one screen for scrolling.
    Updated the dock icons to things more useful.
    Apps installed with Google Play will automatically be added to the home screen.
    I think you will like this launcher better

6) Calendar and Contacts sync is now fixed by Oman so I did not have to fix it this time. THANKS!

7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    This should also allow Netflix HD but I have not tested it.
    Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a S82/S89! Understand this please.
    I also left the original build.prop in the ROM called build.orig.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Then rename build.orig to build.prop.
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.
    Reboot! You should be back to showing up as a S82/S89.

8) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

9) Adjusted some permissions so stock XBMC works (but not 4K and I didn't test all audio output capability).
    I did install Kodi and it works for me and I did not see any sync issues. But again I did not test everything.

10) Added bonus! CPU fixer patches!
    In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor. See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.

11) Sorry folks. 720P patcher will not be provided this time!
    Why? Because the code has now drastically changed and I have not been able to make it work this time.
    I will continue to try and get the 720P patch working again.

12) Carrier spoofs for better APP compatibility.

13) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

14) Did a little "themeing" to the AOSP Launcher stock wallpaper.

DO NOT just copy this download ZIP to SDcard and expect it to work!
    UNZIP it and read the README for instructions!

OK so here is the download!

READ the README.TXT in the zip for instructions!

ROM -> Tronsmart S89/S89H & Beelink S82/S82H/M8 - Finless ROM 2.0 (419 megs)

Bob
    Last edited by Finless; 11-06-2014, 13:28.
    "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
    "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
    "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
    "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
    "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
    "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
    "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
    "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
    "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Originally posted by Finless View Post

About the same stuff I do to my ROMs but this time I did not have to do everything as Oman is now putting much of my patches in the stock ROM!

- Beelink S82 and S82-H

1) 109K4 was now rooted from the factory! So I did not need to root it this time

2) Updated Google framework core files. The ones in the stock ROM were out of date.
    That is as of this date.

There was quite a few useless hidden apps in this KitKat release! Some of them did not even work.
    I did remove XBMC and other pre-install APPs as well. I like a CLEAN ROM that you the user can setup the way you want. Having APPs in /system leaves that junk in there forever (unless you delete them by hand with a root explorer).
    NOTE: The XBMC that came with 109K4 is in this ZIP package (Oman modified). Feel free to install it if you like.

4) As always, full init.d support! If you do not know what that is... ignore it. For geeks that want to use it. It is there!
    This time around due to updated security in 4.4, init.d was a lot harder to get working.

6) Calendar and Contacts sync is now fixed by Oman so I did not have to fix it this time. THANKS!

7) Build.prop edit to open up the Google Play store to APPs that normally say "not compatible".
    I am spoofing a Samsung device (Nexus 10) that will show almost any APP as compatible.
    Your device will show up in google play as Nexus 10 device not a S82/S89! Understand this please.
    If you want to go back, just use ES FIle Explorer or a root file explorer and rename build.prop to build.old
    Go into settings, apps, all and go into the Google Play app. Clear the cache and data.

8) I added a reboot APP that will allow optional reboot options like reboot to recovery for easier updates.

9) Adjusted some permissions so stock XBMC works (but not 4K and I didn't test all audio output capability).
    I did install Kodi and it works for me and I did not see any sync issues. But again I did not test everything.

In this ZIP is a CPU_fixer folder. These zips can be used to adjust your minimum CPU frequency and Governor. See the README.txt in that folder for an explanation and how to install them.

Why? Because the code has now drastically changed and I have not been able to make it work this time.

13) The usual tweaks I do for better performance e.g. TCP buffers sizes, etc etc.

Bob

thank you sir i know you been working hard at it will report in 1hrs time when downloaded

JustMe
    Bugs are Sons of Glitches!

If you like my work and it's helped you, you can always shout me a beer or two Click - Here

Links : Visit JustMe ROMs - EM8 Square Roms - EM8 OpenELEC Rom - ADB GUI

JustMe

Comment

I will try today ,109k4 final oman version?Ty Bob

Comment

- Beelink S82 and S82-H

That is as of this date.

Bob

Bob the grand master it installed perfect on my beelink m8 using method 4,like the boot logo & love the wallpaper going to have a play now thanks for all your time you put in.
        Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Shall test today.
          Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Same thanks Bob! Will download and test later today. Still playing with neomodes kk rom for Minix x mini😄
            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

- Beelink S82 and S82-H

That is as of this date.

Bob
              Installed on Tronsmart S89. Installed bachup , works great so far. Thanks Bob !

Comment

I am kinda digging the new Kodi!
                Just watched a full 3D movie and no issues. No crashes, drops outs, etc....

Also played around playing MKV, MP4, and many other formats in Kodi.

This thing plays pretty much everything I throw at it

HDMI pass through works to my TV. I have no way to try any other hardware for that though. TV shows Dolby DTS.

AND I hate to say this but I still like the video quality and color over even my new 3288 box!

Bob

Comment

HDMI pass through works to my TV. I have no way to try any other hardware for that though. TV shows Dolby DTS.

Bob
                  +1

Also you'll get the best from the rk3288 soon it just needs some more of your tweaking skills!
                  Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                  Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

AND I hate to say this but I still like the video quality and color over even my new 3288 box!

Bob
                    This new rom is nice & stable bob, no problems at all so far have you got a link for the kodi your using
                    Please consider making a Donation to freakTab

Comment

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
                      This new rom is nice & stable bob, no problems at all so far have you got a link for the kodi your using

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                        Shall test today.
                        Strong and stable.

Oddly my facebook news feed works again which it didn't in stock 109k4 .

On a amusing note the sounds from the
                        email notification scared the crap out of my cat .lol

Comment

Stuck looping into recovery

After applying this rom using method 4 on my s89, it's stuck coming back to recovery each time I select "reboot system now" after installation. I even let the system sit for a few minutes to let the file system do it's thing but no luck. help please!
                          Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
                          Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by chsmith1976 View Post
                            After applying this rom using method 4 on my s89, it's stuck coming back to recovery each time I select "reboot system now" after installation. I even let the system sit for a few minutes to let the file system do it's thing but no luck. help please!
                            You didn't perhaps leave the files on the sd after install did you?

Delete them and it should stop booting into recovery.

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                              You didn't perhaps leave the files on the sd after install did you?

Delete them and it should stop booting into recovery.
                              nope, pulled the card before reboot
                              Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
                              Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Working...
                              X