No announcement yet.

Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having issues with xbmc with this version. Out of sync audio, on one video the screen would sporadically go black, it's very odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
      .... BUT visually speaking i saw no difference between the two.

My question is should i leave amcodec off and not worry about my box die/fry, i don't know if it can affect it considerably but i've got a feeling.
      I think you should trust your eyes
      "o" (only) shows debug information and so sometimes doesn't match to reality...

You mean because of (over) head?
      If you are fast enough you can try to check it after a test sequence with and without hw-a...
      (but I think with hw-a you are at ~20% and without at ~40% cpu usage)
      RK3288 Devices
      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
        I think you should trust your eyes
        "o" (only) shows debug information and so sometimes doesn't match to reality...

You mean because of (over) head?
        If you are fast enough you can try to check it after a test sequence with and without hw-a...
        (but I think with hw-a you are at ~20% and without at ~40% cpu usage)
        with amcodec off is like double of cpu usage yes, but not as bad to reach around 100% in each four cores. So by not using amcodec means it runs in software acceleration mode. In that case i guess i'll leave it on.

When i pressed "o" it was giving me real time information, perhaps is not 100% accurate but going from hundreds of skipped frames to less than 10 in each tested video with amcodec on/off seems like reliable information.

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
          ... seems like reliable information.
          But you don't know how they determine the information...
          (and last but not least it was koying who tells it )
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8 & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Originally posted by Finless View Post
            What kind of mouse? Use a USB mouse but I will say my wireless 2.4 mouse (with USB dongle) also works.
            Make sure the mouse is plugged in before you boot to recovery. Recovery is a simple OS level and cannot detect a mouse being plugged in after it has loaded.

Bob
            Thanks Bob - the plugging in of the mouse before the CPU fix install did the trick! Have a great weekend!

Comment

There are two things that have bothered me since finless 1.9 and sadly this latest ROM d doesn't address them..

1. My audio in some higher quality video is very slightly and consistently out of sync. If I delay the audio on these videos for 0.3 secs, then playback is perfect. Just annoying to set it every time. (I am using the latest kodi nightly - doors Oman's build addressees an issue as this?

2. Pushing power off brings up a power down dialog, instead of just powering down the box. This is annoying for users of universal remotes, since the TV also gets powered down by the time the menu comes up.

Any ideas or information on how to fix these issues is appreciated.

Comment

Reply to above post.

1- Use the set for all videos and that should save same for all videos so setting it once shouldn't be a huge problem. 03 is pretty low.

2- get Shut down app from petrus in kitchen posts that problem long gone for most if us. Or just use power off on remote? Works perfect for me.

Regards.
                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                  There are two things that have bothered me since finless 1.9 and sadly this latest ROM d doesn't address them..

1. My audio in some higher quality video is very slightly and consistently out of sync. If I delay the audio on these videos for 0.3 secs, then playback is perfect. Just annoying to set it every time. (I am using the latest kodi nightly - doors Oman's build addressees an issue as this?

2. Pushing power off brings up a power down dialog, instead of just powering down the box. This is annoying for users of universal remotes, since the TV also gets powered down by the time the menu comes up.

Any ideas or information on how to fix these issues is appreciated.
                  Local or streaming?
                  Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

S89-H confirmed working...

Hi, brand noob user here, just got my S89-H 2 days ago. Started with stock 107 , installed Finless 2.0, and seems to be working great so far. I have a few issues , which are likely just my lack of knowledge on this box, but I can't get the youtube app to run in 1080p like it did before Finless.

Thanks for the great work, Bob. You are awesome!

Comment

Re: NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8 & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Originally posted by Magnus33 View Post
                      Local or streaming?
                      Streaming

Comment

Originally posted by rapalax View Post
                        Streaming
                        Seems to be a glitch involving bandwidth rather then the codec itself or maybe a combo of both.

Local playback seems to work fine but streaming has issues.

I use plex which seems to bypass this issue.
                        Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

720P ???

Good morning Finless.

I am a little confused about this line in the first post....

11) Sorry folks. 720P patcher will not be provided this time!
                          Why? Because the code has now drastically changed and I have not been able to make it work this time.

In the environment where my S89-H is located, I have available a 720P and lower Projector and a 720P and lower TV. The projector will accept a 1080P signal, but will downscale it. The TV will not downscale.

I am currently running the Tronsmart supplied Tronsmart_S89-H_SDcard_108K4_140811.zip ROM and the updated xbmc-13.2-Gotham-4K-video-2160P-output.apk.

This combination works fine, but XBMC has the known problems with periodic video freeze, audio continues. The screen size issue and the mouse doubleclick changes screen to 1/4 size issue.

After all that, if I was to load Finless 2.0, would the unit boot properly or is the 720P restriction going to be a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by FrankW View Post
                            Good morning Finless.

I am a little confused about this line in the first post....

11) Sorry folks. 720P patcher will not be provided this time!
                            Why? Because the code has now drastically changed and I have not been able to make it work this time.

In the environment where my S89-H is located, I have available a 720P and lower Projector and a 720P and lower TV. The projector will accept a 1080P signal, but will downscale it. The TV will not downscale.

I am currently running the Tronsmart supplied Tronsmart_S89-H_SDcard_108K4_140811.zip ROM and the updated xbmc-13.2-Gotham-4K-video-2160P-output.apk.

This combination works fine, but XBMC has the known problems with periodic video freeze, audio continues. The screen size issue and the mouse doubleclick changes screen to 1/4 size issue.

After all that, if I was to load Finless 2.0, would the unit boot properly or is the 720P restriction going to be a problem?
                            Read this post. I explain it all

Bob
                            "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                            "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                            "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                            "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                            "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                            "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                            "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                            "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                            "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Originally posted by Finless View Post
                              I see said the blind man. So I will wait until you figure out the 720P patch or tell the wife we need to upgrade the TV. Decisions, decisions. Honey, where is my tape measure. I need to see if an 80" TV will fit in the car.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Comment

I'm trying to install on MXIII 2GB, but there is some error:
                                E:failed to verify whole-file signature
                                E:signature verification failed

Any hint?
                                Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                X