Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chsmith1976 View Post
    After applying this rom using method 4 on my s89, it's stuck coming back to recovery each time I select "reboot system now" after installation. I even let the system sit for a few minutes to let the file system do it's thing but no luck. help please!
    Resorted to using method 2 and I'm up and running... not sure why #4 didn't work as that's my usual method of upgrading the rom.
    Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
    Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by chsmith1976 View Post
      Resorted to using method 2 and I'm up and running... not sure why #4 didn't work as that's my usual method of upgrading the rom.
      New firmware sometimes less happy with certain install methods.
      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Having some problems with Finless 2.0, compared to Oman's 109k4 :-

I've attempted several clean installations of the Finless rom but get the same issues every time. I've gone back to Oman's 109k4 for the time being.
        -Apps drawer: Laggy, compared to 109k4 which is smooth.

- Cannot change wallpaper to a gallery picture (crash) - bug also present in Oman's rom, although works fine with wallpaper gallery selection.

- XBMC Helix (which Bob has linked) crashes during initial startup.
        After initial startup crashes during SuperSU messages.
        Disabling the messages within SuperSU allows startup without crashing.
        - XBMC Helix issue itself: Acestream parsers cannot be added (menu item not selectable)

- XMBC Gotham (provided in Finless package) runs fine, Acestream parsers can be added.
        Although, occasional crash. Crashes not seen at all when using Oman's 109k4.

...just reporting what I've noticed so far. Appreciate your hard work Bob.

Comment

I have no crashes with Kodi and Superuser.
          I watched about 5 movies straight last night and not one crash.

I think your box has some problem.

Bob
          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Thank you. I will install this week

Comment

NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8 & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Flawless! Thank you again.

Did you ever think to release a version with Google Now replacing the old Launcher?

Comment

Nice ROM! I have upgraded from finless 1.9, new one much smoother. Thank you.
                One thing, Bob, the youtube app doesnt work at 1080p. I find method to enable it by set line "ro.build.version.release=4.4.2", but our build.prop already have this line.

Comment

install problems

I am having a problem installing 2.0 on my system. I never had such problem thus far. Everytime has worked on the previous updates. I tried method, 1,2 and 4. None of them work. It goes to recovery and then installs and then when it reboots it goes to a black screen. Nothing happens. It does not boot.

Anyone seen this ?
                  Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

installed this one over the 1.08 using the SD methode without problems. No need anymore to adjust screen to 91%. 100% is now perfect.
                    Helix is crashing all the time so I use SPMC. on 1080p 60hz, almost no more drops or skipped frames. im happy now. thanks finless for yr hard work .
                    Last edited by Genem; 09-29-2014, 06:40.

Comment

Originally posted by dave220 View Post
                      I am having a problem installing 2.0 on my system. I never had such problem thus far. Everytime has worked on the previous updates. I tried method, 1,2 and 4. None of them work. It goes to recovery and then installs and then when it reboots it goes to a black screen. Nothing happens. It does not boot.

Anyone seen this ?
                      Hey dave, did you try ejecting the sdcard before rebooting? or maybe you got a bad download of the ROM if no method will work?
                      Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                      Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
                        helix is crashing all the time so I use SPMC. on 1080p 60hz, no more drops or skipped frames. im happy now. thanks finless for yr hard work.
                        So it's not just my box then...

Comment

Thumbs up with SPMC! Smooth as silk.

Comment

hey.

I did not try that. The earlier updates did not need that. Ok I will try that and let you know.

Originally posted by ant View Post
                            Hey dave, did you try ejecting the sdcard before rebooting? or maybe you got a bad download of the ROM if no method will work?
                            Using a Tronsmart Vega Elite S89.

Comment

Xmbc versions seem have various issues with certain setting.

1080p or 720p can totally through it for a loop and some versions behave better then others depending on the setup.
                              Its the biggest failing of xmbc i think that requires a very narrow environment to work perfectly.

Fortunately with so many modding it there are many versions you can try to dins one that works.

Spmc seems to play nice with this rom .
                              Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
                                istalled this one over 1.08.without problems. no need anymore to adjust screen to 91%. 100% is now perfect.
                                helix is crashing all the time so I use SPMC. on 1080p 60hz, no more drops or skipped frames. im happy now. thanks finless for yr hard work.
                                Originally posted by dave_999 View Post
                                Thumbs up with SPMC! Smooth as silk.
                                That's good news, apparently there was few issues with SPMC before for our amlogic boxes, i'll give it a try. BTW do you ave all 3 codecs selected or only Amcodec?

Comment

Working...
                                X