Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Finless View Post
    Only thing you might try is 109 kernel.
    Use my CPU fix Stock from 1.9 ROM. This will install 109 kernel.

Bob
    Nope tried it doesn`t work > bootloop, reinstalled 2.0 Kernel

Comment

Originally posted by dankec View Post
      I'm still on AMLinux, but now I'm considering Finless 2.0...

Most of the time I'm using XBMC/KODI... Few things is not clear here:

1. How good android XBMC works with streaming add-ons (Mashup, 1channel, simple player, genesis...)?
      (My only reason to go to linux distro was "Adjust display refresh rate to match video" which is, unfortunately, not available under android. Even with that option on XBMC is still stuttering under AMLinux)

2. If I decided to migrate to android... should I use Kodi 14 beta 3 or SPMC?

3. If SPMC, could someone, please, post SPMC download link?

Thanks.
      minix make addon in xbmc to display refres rate to mach video but only for minix x8
      Last edited by bajann; 09-29-2014, 18:57. Reason: make

Comment

You can use both and running 2.0 now and it works great. Spmc link in spmc thread.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by bajann View Post
          minix make addon in xbmc to display refres rate to mach video but only for minix x8
          But as I know only to change it manually at XBMC instead at Settings , no auto...
          RK3288 Devices
          - Overview BOX (LINK !)
          - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
          UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
            But as I know only to change it manually at XBMC instead at Settings , no auto...
            just need to enable addon and addon run all time auto change i think .no spam u have minix just try

i hope this will work on all amlogic device

Comment

Thanks, worked great. One thing I'll mention because I'm sure others will run into this, is that using the temporary mode, you can only boot into TWRP if you run it from SD card, USB DOES NOT WORK (found out after a few experiments with this first). Anyways, feeling great finally having an image backup of my current setup.
              Cozyswan MK809II - 4.4.2
              Vega S89 Elite - 4.4.4

Comment

Originally posted by Gaili View Post
                Nope tried it doesn`t work > bootloop, reinstalled 2.0 Kernel
                do you know what helps?, placing the box in vertical position. Since i did that easy move my box does not get very hot as it used to in flat position (the small holes at the bottom of the box were useless in that position and the box would not "breath" properly, dus overheating the box and the table material under it).

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
                  do you know what helps?, placing the box in vertical position. Since i did that easy move my box does not get very hot as it used to in flat position (the small holes at the bottom of the box were useless in that position and the box would not "breath" properly, dus overheating the box and the table material under it).
                  Why not biger heatsink ?

Comment

Why not biger heatsink ?
                    thats more advanced and not easy to fit a heatsink into that case and hold it right, unless you don't mind destroying the plastic case.
                    What i mentioned is very simple and quick to do and does help, i dont think i need to drill holes to it. Running the 1992Mhz cpu fix

Comment

thats more advanced and not easy to fit a heatsink into that case and hold it right, unless you don't mind destroying the plastic case.
                      What i mentioned is very simple and quick to do and does help, i dont think i need to drill holes to it. Running the 1992Mhz cpu fix
                      Could do like him where the mod actually looks cool.
                      http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?13421-AML-S802-case-modding-Show-your-mod-s-to-cool-it-down-%29

Attached Files
                      Mk802IV Neomode 1.9a original rom 720p

Comment

just need to enable addon and addon run all time auto change i think .no spam u have minix just try

I do see that option on SPMC as well as on other xbmc versions for our boxes but i guess is broken anyways?
                        how to tell, how can i know if it works or not?
                        I set it to: On Start/Stop and -Pause during refresh rate change is set to OFF

I may not have good eye but all videos play just fine to me but im curious if there is an advantage

Comment

You are right, it's also working automatically (my mistake)
                          but you are wrong, because I don't own any minix device any longer

I think it isn't really difficult to port it to every other system you want.

The importend parts at the "fswitch_util.py"
                          Code:
                              modeFileAndroid = "/sys/class/display/mode"
                              modeFileWindows = "d:\\x8mode.txt"

if fsconfig.osPlatform == 'MINIX NEO-X8':
                                  modeFile = modeFileAndroid
                              elif fsconfig.osPlatform == 'Windows 7':
                                  modeFile = modeFileWindows 
                              else:
                                  outputMode = 'Unsupported platform.'
                                  return outputMode, amlogicMode
                           :
                              # convert output mode to a valid AMLOGIC mode
                                 if newOutputMode == '1080p-60hz':
                                    newAmlogicMode = '1080p'
                                elif newOutputMode == '1080p-50hz':
                                    newAmlogicMode = '1080p50hz'
                                :
                           :
                              # set new display mode
                                 with open(modeFile, 'w') as modeFileHandle: 
                                 modeFileHandle.write(newAmlogicMode)
                          :
                          1.) write to "/sys/class/display/mode" must be able at the OS
                          2.) osPlatform must be change (maybe also at other *.py)...
                          3.) and maybe newAmlogicMode to something like newDisplayMode and also the values...

Seams to work also at Windows 7, but don't ask me why he implemented it, maybe for testing?
                          RK3288 Devices
                          - Overview BOX (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                          Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                          Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                          Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

I do see that option on SPMC as well as on other xbmc versions for our boxes but i guess is broken anyways?
                            how to tell, how can i know if it works or not?
                            I set it to: On Start/Stop and -Pause during refresh rate change is set to OFF

I may not have good eye but all videos play just fine to me but im curious if there is an advantage
                            I thing you talk about auto frame rate switching at settings

and that isn't available at android...
                            RK3288 Devices
                            - Overview BOX (LINK !)

Comment

I was really hoping that this update would fix the Wifi+bluetooth issue. For context its really hard to stream music to my motostream via bluetooth through google music or youtube. I understand that it might be freq. problem but I have no problem streaming using my iphone 4 or my Nexus4

Comment

I thing you talk about auto frame rate switching at settings

and that isn't available at android...
                                The same menus i see in Android, as i said it b4 may be broken anyways. Don't know

Comment

Working...
                                X