Beelink S82/S82H/M8/MXIII & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by blinkone View Post
    Hi to get the sound & video working again you need to download a app called bbc media player from the play store that should do the trick
    Hi there,
    I already have BBC media player installed - that's not the problem.
    Perhaps I will uninstall them and try again, it can't hurt.

Plus BBC media player is not required by 4od or demand 5.

Thanks for responding,
    Steve

Comment

You mileage will vary with the S89-H, I've learned that "Android OS" is not such a good OS for open Android TV boxes. Many of the apps have stringent security to thwart copying/ripping, via DRM, and unsecured Android devices (rooted).

My observations so far.....

UK:
      BBC Media player (with BBC iPlayer app) = working
      ITV App = working
      4OD = unknown

US:
      PBS = no
      Amazon Prime = no
      HBO-GO = no

Canada:
      TMN go (Canadian HBO-GO) = no (No video, unsecured Android OS)
      Bell TV = no (app won't launch)

Originally posted by TrimG View Post
      Hi there,
      Firstly a big thankyou to Finless (Bob) for the excellent work he continues to do for all of us here.

I have just installed the Finless 2.0 ROM over my original 105k4 ROM and it runs beautifully, and it was so easy to do. I am especially grateful for getting rid of that awful original on-screen keyboard that kept auto-switching to Chinese!!

I do, however, have one or two problems with some UK TV apps, namely BBC iPlayer, 4OD and 5 On-Demand (all these are UK catchup tv apps) no longer display any video. I get the sound OK, but the screen goes black. Annoyingly, the Channel 4 app plays their adverts beautifully, but once the actual programme starts, the screen goes blank!

Is there a way around this?
      Would I be better off installing your 1.9 (or Oman's 109k4 rom)?

Any help is appreciated
      Steve

Comment

Re: NEW - Beelink S82/S82H/M8 & Tronsmart S89/S89H - Finless 2.0 ROM

So I was boared and reflashed my mx dual core to the new matricom g box midnight build 1.2.2 and bell tv app wont work now on the box lol ... so reflashed back to old build mx reif and works same box
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Veronica View Post
          an update to this problem in this rom version, it suddenly started working few days ago.
          With stock Oman rom it didn't work at first but soon started working wake from sleep then i flashed finless 2.0 version when it was relelased and it took forever (weeks) for wake from sleep to work, as i mentioned just few days ago started working.

Don't know what got messed up, im NOW having also a problem with android media process it starts crashing one time while watching a movie in SPMC, also Youtube app is giving constant error that video could not load please try again and i have to clear data of "media storage app" to make it play videos again.

I also experienced one freezing while opening Settings from Mbox Home laucher and another freeze while watching a movie in SPMC ; video stopped/froze and audio was in a loop, the box was unresponsive to any key button so in both ocations i had to force power off the box.

I don't know if problems mentioned are ROM specific or new SDK bugs (for a change) .

ANYONE ELSE FACING THE SAME PROBLEMS?
          +1 (i dont know why but box run just fine finless 2.0 few days without any prob and i reset to factory in setings ...problem starts.)i dont know the scorce for 109k4 is it from latest sdk?
          Last edited by bajann; 10-13-2014, 23:00. Reason: miss

Comment

A little bit laggy - or is it just me?

Recently I've got my Tronsmart with the 105K4 firmware.
            It worked smooth, compared with my older box, but I didn't do too much testing, because I knew that a newer firmware is available.

I installed this Finless 2.0 and from the start, it felt not that smooth as the older firmware.
            (And yes, I wiped cache, Dalvik and even data before installing)
            Installation of SPMC took almost 1.5 minutes and the first run needed three times more to complete, than on Omans 105K Rom

Could it be the old Launcher combined with newer framework files, which causes this behaviour?
            If I remember correctly, I ran in similar problems a year ago, when building the first rooted Kitkat Rom for the Onda V972 using the old Launcher,

However, the next test was Omans 109k stock rom.
            And this Rom is also noticeably faster in all respects, imho.

I will do some mods and test it than...
            @Finless: did you modify the boot.img?

Comment

Mouse cursor

I know that all of you have bigger problems but someone can maybe help me with this small:
              Can i somehow change mouse cursor on this firmware . Smal black cursor is almost Invisible.
              That is not hard but which file i must change with root explotrer and where to find another.
              Thanks for great work.

Comment

None, the cursor isnt easy to change.

Comment

Originally posted by TrimG View Post
                  Hi there,
                  I already have BBC media player installed - that's not the problem.
                  Perhaps I will uninstall them and try again, it can't hurt.

Plus BBC media player is not required by 4od or demand 5.

Thanks for responding,
                  Steve
                  bbc iplayer is working but only on some shows on my girl which i cant stand it seems to be working on later with jules holland i get black screen and if i try to fast forward there is a flash of video and then it crashes ,this is the only rom i have used and i've used most of them where this happens will try itvplayer 4od and 5 later..... tried them only itvplayer is working properly the other 2 as you say only show ads then black screen strange one this
                  Last edited by trinidad; 10-17-2014, 20:57.

Comment

Originally posted by Genem View Post
                    None, the cursor isnt easy to change.
                    wrong.
                    The cursor is located in the "/system/framework/framework-res.apk" and there in:
                    Code:
                    res/drawable-mdpi/pointer_arrow.png
                    Copy the APK to your PC and open it in 7zip/Winrar and change "pointer_arrow.png".
                    Copy the APK back to "/system/framework/" and set permissions to "644".
                    Or even better, create a flashable .zip and copy it via TWRP or similar
                    Than reboot.
                    Example:
                    Big enough?
                    Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	435052
                    Last edited by vel2000; 10-18-2014, 03:06.

Comment

Originally posted by vel2000 View Post
                      Copy the APK to your PC and open it in 7zip/Winrar and change "pointer_arrow.png".
                      Copy the APK back to "/system/framework/" and set permissions to "644".
                      I never work with the framework apk's so I have to ask: no need to resign the apk?
                      RK3288 Devices
                      - Overview BOX (LINK !)
                      - Overview STICK (Dongle) (LINK !)

MINIX NEO: Z64 W/A - (Intel Z3735F); X8-H Plus - (Amlogic S812H); A2 Lite (sponsored by minix.com.hk)
                      UGOOS UT3S (4/32GB with fan) - FW 2.0.6 - (RK3288) (sponsored by GearBest.com)
                      Tronsmart Draco AW80 Meta (2/16GB) - FW v2.0rc3 - (Allwinner A80) (sponsored by GeekBuying.com)
                      Beelink / UBOX R89 - FW 111k4110_1219 - (RK3288) (sponsored by Netxeon (Beelink))

RK3188: pcb => "CH001 1332 TN-BX09_V2.1" (K-R42 / CS918...) => wasser KK 1.0.3 (old rev)
                      Fly Mouse Mini Wireless Keyboard with 2 mode learning IR remote 'iPazzPort KP-810-16'

Comment

Originally posted by no_spam_for_me View Post
                        I never work with the framework apk's so I have to ask: no need to resign the apk?
                        Good point.... I thought the framework .apks had to be decompiled > modified > recompiled using correct API level > resigned before testing?
                        I could be wrong as I've not modded any framework for 18 months or so and things change very often in android.
                        Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                        Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

System apps and framework apk's or .jar's are not signed!

framework-res.apk is not like the others in that it has no smali code in it. It is just all the resources (images, etc).

I modify it in Linux by renaming it to framework-res.zip and open it in standard Linux archive manager. I drag in the files I want to replace and then just close the zip and rename it back to .apk.

So no real tools needed. If you want to do it in windows you need 7zip or WinRAR.

That biggest deal when you copy it over to Android is to set permissions right away. If you do not and you do anything before doing that, you can brick and will need to reflash. I usually replace framework on a live Android system using ADB or making a update.zip to do it from recovery.

Bob
                          "Pzebacz im, bo nie wiedzą, co czynią"
                          "Прости им, они не ведают, что творят"
                          "Perdona loro perché non sanno quello che fanno"
                          "Vergib ihnen, denn sie wissen nicht, was sie tun"
                          "Vergeef hen want ze weten niet wat ze doen"
                          "Pardonne-leur car ils ne savent pas ce qu'ils font"
                          "Perdónalos porque no saben que lo que hacen"
                          "Oprosti im, jer ne znaju što čine"
                          "Forgive them as they know not what they do"

Comment

Cool instructions bob, that's loads easier than I thought it was gonna be. I expected it to be a nightmare in kitkat!

Like you mentioned regarding the smali, I added 0 - 100% battery incriminate to a ROM I made a while back and a "gameloft" licence fix to the framework-res and .jar .apks I remember recompiling was hard going and it took me a while to nail!

Being out of development circles for a year or so I forget the techniques....
                            Minix Neo X7 - Wasser 1.0.4 OC'd - Kodi-helix with passthrough
                            Beelink M8B - Wasser 1.0.3 - Kodi-helix alpha 2 + SPMC

Comment

Hi ! I ve this rom but I've some probs when I'm using my synology ds file app to see movies.
                              What xbmc version do u advice me ?

Comment

Why do you use ds file for movies when you have a running xbmc? You can use your synology shares and build a database in xbmc with covers etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X