Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mod for Tanix TX5 Pro MiniM8SII and Nexbox A95X COOLEME MB1 X9 Frankenstein Firmware WIP

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Calam29 View Post
    Bluemanuk what box you using
    TX5 Pro
    R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Mini m8s 11 is the 905x 😃
      Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

What exactly is "Universal Init.d" in the latest build? Is that proper startup scripts for bluetooth and wifi?

Comment

Init.d is used to run shell scripts at startup. It can be used to fix wifi and Bluetooth.
          I can try to mod the a5 firmware to work exactly like this one I will try a quick one tonight. But I need a couple nights off after that.
          Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

You've been a big help to all in this forum. I'm sure you've earned those nights off!

Comment

He earned?? Anyways Pharjister great job. Seem like life into a bunch of piss poorly released and even more poorly supported devices. Manufactures should be ashamed.... It will be interesting to see if remix will.come to the 905x trying few ver now.. 😌
              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Wait a minute what wifi chip does the A5 have? Ap6330? If so I might be able to just swap the dtb file.
                Prahjister ****MK808(nonB)****MK808B V5****MK808B Plus****UBOX R89**** CX919****MK808B Pro****Nexbox N9****Eny Em95****Matricon Q2****Tanix TX5 Pro****

Comment

Mines gone just mini and tanix left here now lol

Comment

Does this release include a "Virtual HDMI switch" to run apps that check for HDMI connection and won't allow?
                    Installed the previous apk - doesn't seem to work for my application.

Just tried uploading, but I get a Low power error - seems the TX5 pro is turning itself off - any one help?
                    Last edited by 12star; 08-22-2016, 03:01.

Comment

S905 is not the name of the a droid box juat its chipset for processing the mini m8 II comes in android 5.0 S905 and android 6.0 S905X i could be wrong

Comment

The Mini M8S is S905
                        The mini M8S II is S905x

I've not seen any box called the Mini M8 II that comes in two flavours.

Do you have a link to this box that you have?
                        Last edited by bluesmanuk; 08-22-2016, 03:50.
                        R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Originally posted by bluesmanuk View Post
                          The Mini M8S is S905
                          The mini M8S II is S906x
                          you mean S905x .. don't you ?

Comment

How can I flash your firmware? My Win7 pc (USB_Burning_Tool_v2.0.7_x86) doesn't recognize my TV box ( "Nexbox A95X Amlogic S905X 2G DDR3 RAM 16G" ).I fired up the burning tool and loaded your image no problem, then I plugged her in USB and powered it with toothpick. It went into stock recovery (see link)( https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By_...ew?usp=sharing )but the burning tool won't recognize that anything is hooked to it. Sorry about the link for some reason I couldn't upload the photo directly. I really want to try out your .IMG so any help would be appreciated. Also I DID try it on both USB ports.

Comment

Took a couple of goes for me to successfully flash mine ... what i did

1. On PC loaded the *.img in Burning Tool Software

2. Plugged the Male USB Lead into the USB2.0 connector on my PC (did'nt seem to work using the PCI USB3.0 Card on my PC)

3. Grabbed the Android Box (Note: did not use any External AC Power or HDMI)

4. Pressed the Reset Button (Hole) with a Toothpick ... and then while holding the Reset Button down, plugged the other end
                              of the Male USB Lead into the Android Box

5. As soon the Burning Tool Software recognized the Android Box i let go of the Toothpick Holding down the Reset Button

6. Proceeded to the Flash Firmware as per instructions (found by googling)

Comment

NexBox A5 test...2 img...2 methods of modding.

Comment

Working...
                                X