Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

X96 MAX TV Box BLACK 4/64GB Amlogic S905X2, Android 8.1, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan,USB3.0, BT4.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tithitoy View Post

Did you plug power after plug USB.
    Sometimes yes

Comment

My x96max 4/32 after a time of inactivity can not be started from ir remote or CEC remote. The single way to turn on is unplug/plug power . Same problem on original and moded ATV Rom .
      Tried so far :
      disable on original rom screen saver and no inactivity period , on moded rom i don t find the option
      CEC disable One key play/One key power
      Last edited by sebip; 02-21-2019, 07:50.

Comment

Originally posted by sebip View Post
        My x96max 4/32 after a time of inactivity can not be started from ir remote or CEC remote. The single way to turn on is unplug/plug power . Same problem on original and moded ATV Rom .
        Tried so far :
        disable on original rom screen saver and no inactivity period , on moded rom i don t find the option
        CEC disable One key play/One key power
        Try setting display to 1080P max.

Comment

Originally posted by panchovilla View Post

Try setting display to 1080P max.
          My tv is 4k

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

Another thing no point setting it so it goes into standby/sleep with Stock ROM it wakes up automatically and on Custom ROM it goes to sleep but if try to press power to get it on agian nothing happens this is once the box been on standby for quite a while

I have same problem on 4/32 , have you find a solution ?

Comment

Originally posted by sebip View Post

I have same problem on 4/32 , have you find a solution ?
              no solution other then set the power to shutdown box you can power it back on by pressing power on remote box boots up fast so can live with it , maybe they will make update to fix i dont know

Comment

Originally posted by uscool View Post

no solution other then set the power to shutdown box you can power it back on by pressing power on remote box boots up fast so can live with it , maybe they will make update to fix i dont know
                I will try https://forum.atvxperience.com/viewt...hp?f=16&p=4756

Comment

is it able to show the notification bar with any apk without flashing a new firmware ?

Comment

I have a solution for you. According to the source https://source.android.com/devices/tv/hdmi-cec. I don't see the file
                    system/etc/permissions/android.hardware.hdmi.cec.xml so put 2 line in build.prop

ro.hdmi.device_type=4
                    persist.sys.hdmi.keep_awake=true

Restart your device

Problem solved. Now you can awake from CEC

Comment

SPDIF problem!!

1.Bought x96max 2/16
                      2.Sound via optical(spdif) worked 2 days,than stoped.HDMI and AV sound works well
                      3.Got 60 % refund from store..
                      4.Bought another box from another seller. this time 4/32 box
                      5.Same thing..SPDIF worked 2..3 days.After that NO SOUND from SPDIF(red light from spdif output is visible) ..Sound via hdmi and Av works fine.
                      Tryed custom roms.. same thing.

Any solutions????.

Comment

I was having huge issues with the recognition of external USB HDD's, the box would only see 2 whatever I tried. I seem to have solved that problem by using an Orico USB 3 hub, my previous one was generic. Working flawlessly now, but only time will tell. Arrived this morning and I am delighted.

Comment

X96 Max Amlogic S905X2 / 2 GB - 16 GB
                          did not solve the problem, have suggestions firmware
                          You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 3 photos.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                            Update (reviving my bricked X96 Max): I figured out the fix. I installed on a blank formatted micro SD card the extracted files from this zip file (containing 4 items for a TWRP recovery image and a boot up menu for the X96 Max):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1nJY...w?usp=drivesdk

and then I also copied onto the same micro SD card the OTA zip file from jiangsai0703 in post 53. (I kept it zipped, I didn't extract it). This is the OTA zip:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ULW...ew?usp=sharing

I then put the micro sd card into the X96. I then plugged in the power while pushing the AV recessed reset button for a minute. The TWRP then loaded, and then I used the install from zip file option to which I pointed it to the ota zip file located on the micro SD card. I swiped the slider to the right to flash the data. It installed perfectly. Rebooted and the X96 came back to life. Thank goodness.

My original question below:
                            Help! I have a X96 Max 4/64. It was working fine until I installed SuperSU (normal install). After it restarted, it seems to be bricked and I'm stuck at the X96 Max logo. I then did the toothpick in the AV hole trick to get to the Android menu. I then tried a wipe/factory reset. No luck, upon restart I'm still stuck at the boot screen. Please if someone would be so kind as to help guide me what I can do to unbrick it. Thanks.
                            Hi Venusflytrap,
                            I am in the same sad situation Can I do it with USB Flash disk as well?
                            Thank You!

Comment

Sipi89; I don't know if doing the flash using a USB stick would work as I didn't use that method. You can always try and see. Just make sure that your USB stick or microSD card is formatted using FAT32. Also, as the X96 Max has a couple of USB ports, if one doesn't recognize your USB stick when you boot up, then try the other USB port. )I say this because one is a USB 3 port the other is USB 2 and one of those ports may be setup to do USB boot ups.

Comment

Originally posted by Venusflytrap View Post
                                Sipi89; I don't know if doing the flash using a USB stick would work as I didn't use that method. You can always try and see. Just make sure that your USB stick or microSD card is formatted using FAT32. Also, as the X96 Max has a couple of USB ports, if one doesn't recognize your USB stick when you boot up, then try the other USB port. )I say this because one is a USB 3 port the other is USB 2 and one of those ports may be setup to do USB boot ups.
                                Never mind, I have bought a micro SD card. The TWRP loaded but the update failed because Dtb check failed Error 7. Do you know something about that issue?

Comment

Working...
                                X