Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A95X Max TV Box - Amlogic S905X2 A8.1 4/64 ROM Dual WiFi Gig Lan BT4.2 + Support 2.5inch SSD / HDD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a a95x max I would like to put oz weather & bom rader on it I have to download estuary skins & put the file 720p or xml folder in your local skin installation folder but where is this folder I tried winscp & putty a95x dose not seem to want to connect to computer can anny one help

Comment

Originally posted by overripe View Post
      I have a a95x max I would like to put oz weather & bom rader on it I have to download estuary skins & put the file 720p or xml folder in your local skin installation folder but where is this folder I tried winscp & putty a95x dose not seem to want to connect to computer can anny one help
      Help me out here. I've downloaded BOM from PlayStore and it works fine. I see no skinning options. Please explain. What about skins? What app wants them? Why do you need to connect to a computer regarding skins?

Comment

if u want to set up in estuary u have to set up with there skins so u can have rader for your location any way I think I have a way to go through through Ethernet thank u very much

Comment

Originally posted by overripe View Post
          if u want to set up in estuary u have to set up with there skins so u can have rader for your location any way I think I have a way to go through through Ethernet thank u very much
          Hope you're successful.

(An estuary is the mouth of a river! Skinning only changes the appearance of an app. Ethernet is a type of network connection. So I still don't understand how any of this affects how an app functions, or doesn't function.)

Comment

thank u very much I found a using windows 7 to download & edit files using winscp & putty over wifi it works very good u have to download a few apps from play store thank u fore taking the time to have a look barry

Comment

Hi
              I did a reset factory my a95x max , and now my device not work bluetooth
              there is any solution?

Comment

Originally posted by sashaz300 View Post
                Hi
                I did a reset factory my a95x max , and now my device not work bluetooth
                there is any solution?
                I;m having the same problem after installing aTVexperience and going back to factory ROM
                Last edited by ZilogZ80; 08-09-2019, 22:15. Reason: I'm wrong. Bluetooth still doesn't work

Comment

I'm thinking about buying this a95x max but as I read it has encrypted bl and it's not possible to install ROMs on it. Is it depends anything? Because I read there are ROMs for this device.
                  Is it solved yet or what is the current status?
                  I'd like to know about everything before buying.
                  Thanks a lot

Comment

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post

You can use stock A95X MAX + Sambadroid to run it as a NAS box. If you need a push, watch this YouTube video. I'm running a Kingston SSD via ethernet using Sambadroid without any trouble.
                    Cant connect from pc maybe this is why?

connecting to //SAMBADROID: Υου can't connect to the file share because it's not secure. This share requires the obsolete SMB1 protocol, which is unsafe and could expose your system to attack. Your system requires SMB2 or higher. For more info on resolving
                    this issue, see: httρs://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=852747 (error 384)

this comes back from Goodsync

Comment

Finally i begin to use the box, i didnt delete tvmc kodi, good thing it has true hd and dts hd support but didnt try with my avr yet...
                      bad thing i cant set up subs color and punto

edit: i noticed it was not on expert mode so switced to expert and sub options ok
                      Last edited by feelulive; 07-28-2019, 11:43.

Comment

Originally posted by doktorspon View Post

Can anyone understand what Rocco86 is saying and did he answer my questions?

If your PC has no trouble with your Genesys drive, try this:

1. copy any important files to the PC,
                        2. reformat the Genesys drive using exFAT
                        3. test with A95X MAX (corrupt?)
                        4. if no problems, replace your original files on the drive....
                        I had this problem when I removed the samsung ssd, I thought that it was referring to the Genesys drivers, nothing directly due to the drive, once I put the drive back in instead of saying 'Genesys USB drive, corrupted' it showed available Samsung drive.

I did make the mistake initially of installing the drive as Internal instead of External and then I removed the drive without ejecting it with the droid unplugged
                        You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Hi everyone, not only this is my first post, this is my first time ever owning an Adroid box, and the one I jsut purchased is A95X Max. I've been watching movies with blu-ray discs for 12 years.

Got a question for the experts here, my audio receiver is an older one that doesn't decode DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD, but accepts PCM 5.1 via HDMI. This means I will have A95X Max to decode into PCM 5.1 and sends to the receiver. So I set the channels to 5.1, best match and turn off audio passthrough in Kodi. However, my receiver is only getting PCM 2.0. Any idea why?

In the box settings, there is option for PCM and Raw HDMI, I wonder if I should set it to Raw HDMI but that really sounds like bitstream/passthrough (at work now, just thought about it so I can only test when I get back).
                          Last edited by aiman04; 08-01-2019, 02:40.

Comment

Hello to all.

My first post and my first android box. Just got it 2 days ago. A95X Max 4G/64G.

My first impressions are that it is a really good box.

I have noticed in some screenshots that the box temperature is showing at the top of the screen. Mine doesn't have that. Is there any tool/link to put it up there?

I don't have an air mouse. I tried a wireless USB microsoft mouse I had at home but it didn't work, so I basically use the remote app on my phone, together with the remote. The phone is really bad for scrolling, which I resort for the remote to do it. Other things I'm unable to bring up is the top notification bar and the bottom tool bar.

Any tips on these?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by aiman04 View Post
                              Hi everyone, not only this is my first post, this is my first time ever owning an Adroid box, and the one I jsut purchased is A95X Max. I've been watching movies with blu-ray discs for 12 years.

Got a question for the experts here, my audio receiver is an older one that doesn't decode DTS-HD MA or Dolby TrueHD, but accepts PCM 5.1 via HDMI. This means I will have A95X Max to decode into PCM 5.1 and sends to the receiver. So I set the channels to 5.1, best match and turn off audio passthrough in Kodi. However, my receiver is only getting PCM 2.0. Any idea why?

In the box settings, there is option for PCM and Raw HDMI, I wonder if I should set it to Raw HDMI but that really sounds like bitstream/passthrough (at work now, just thought about it so I can only test when I get back).
                              Hi all,

Been tweaking for days, both the OS and the player apps. Used so many different types of player apps, all failed to output PCM 5.1. All players have problem playing 4k, Kodi was a hit and miss while others failed to even play. Blu-ray ISOs not working. I can't get all of them to output video at their native frame-rate also, you can't even change manually. They also crashes regularly.

And the Android OS itself, I've never used it ever so maybe I'm just not familiar but I learned a lot in a few days. But it was a bad introduction, the user experience was highly frustrating, very difficult to navigate through everything. A pain going through a web browser or even Google Play. My Harmony remote can only do as much as the original remote. I bought the air mouse because I thought it would help, but it didn't.

The OS has potential but it's seriously lacking finesse. It is littered with bugs. There is always something not working that I have to spend time to troubleshoot, app installation keep failing, external USB disk not recognized, etc. I managed to fix them, but I can't spend my time every day fixing stuffs. This is not a computer (even then it should not misbehave), I bought it to enjoy my movies.

I ended up using my Windows laptop that has an HDMI out. Installed K-Lite codecs with MPC-HC, a little settings got it to decode everything and output PCM 5.1 (6.9 Mbps). Until I get a new receiver that will do just great. Installed a tiny third party app to set the frame-rate to the movies native automatically. The MPC-HC plays everything smoothly except blu-ray menu, which is fine as don't really need it. But I need the menu to calibrate the AV using Disney WOW AV calibration tool so I installed VLC just for that (not gonna pay for a professional calibrator yet). And voila, the video and audio quality is now just as good as my blu-ray player! I'm gonna go ahead and rip the rest of my blu-ray discs, they're no longer just for backup but now I can watch them while keeping the physical discs in the shelf (the original intention for this whole project).

The laptop now sits with lid closed in my home theater with 4 external USB disks totalling 11 TB (for now). I'm a now a very happy person. Put the Android box in the living for my wife to watch some IPTVs and and the kids to watch Youtube.

I would like to thank everyone because honestly I've learned a lot here and in other forums. But sadly this is goodbye. I've officially gave up on this box, and Android altogether.

Cheers,
                              Iswardi

Comment

Got the a95x max v81. Was able to install atvxperiance. Lost Bluetooth, no connection. Went back to stock. Still no Bluetooth connection. Wiped data and cache factory reset several times. Still no Bluetooth. Won't stay on or connect. Can someone please help me find the files I need for either stock or atvx v3a v81. Thanks in advance. Love this box and I run atv launcher pro on stock. Bit I do like atv Oreo UI. Thanks in advance

Sent from my ASUS_X017DA using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X