Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Magendanz View Post
    Changelog (20180830):
    • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
    • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
    • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
    • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
    • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
    Notes:
    • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
    Hi Magendanz,

I use a LQ box, and I'm currently using an OEM firmware (20180205.111652.V0928).
    Could you tell me what would bring this new firmware ? (I mean what are the changes coming from the 2 firmwares you used, not the obvious changes detailed in the changelog).
    Can the 20180803.173707.V0213 firmware directly be used, or is it incompatible with the LQ box ?

Thanks for this update

Comment

Thanks me too

Comment

I'm sorry for the noob question, but I couldn't find a step-by step guide on how to install the ROM through OTA update using TWRP recovery. Is there another post on freaktab's froum explaining how it's done?

Thank you

Comment

Hi all,

Tomorrow I receive this box and it is the "LB" version with voice remote....

So if I flash this Rom on my new box will I lose WiFi and bt?

If I do lose WiFi and bt....is there any other custom firmware out there that will work with this box WiFi and bt chip?

Thanks
          D.

Comment

Does it work on mecool m8s pro L (LQ)?

Comment

Hi,
              I had the same issue on my box (LB box with BT voice remote ) : the last update 20180803.173707.V0213 failed with status 7 error message. I'm not a geek or (Code Man) but I'm engineer so I've tried to understand and find a solution .
              Fortunately , After many test , I Succed and my box is Updated Now .I share my solution .Hope it can help you and works .
              Please let me know and others members if it works for you!!

1- Step 1:
              Download ROM 20180316.143701.V0213 here : http://freaktab.org/a28c3f52268572bb . This is the stock rom for LB boxes with BT voice remote, ATV version .
              And Flash the ROM With Amlogic USB Burning

2- Step 2 :
              Download OTA 20180417.150752.V0213 here : https://mega.nz/#F!YNw1HarI!6KT6bK34cEzxte0htOmFdA .
              Copy the Zip File to a Blanck USB device.
              Insert the USB device in the box
              Do a "Local Update"
              If done right, you should see your Zip file. So click and go ahead.

3- Step 3 :
              If done right (Step 1 & 2) , your box is Properly updated .
              You have just to perform the update OTA 20180803.173707.V0213

4- Step 4
              That's it
              Enjoy
              I tried the above also but slightly different. I used an SD with 20180316.143701.V0213 (Step 1) Which worked fine. Tried step 2 but failed with an error. OTA does not work either. Error also.
              I was trying to get the box back to 20180803.173707.V0213 which it came with.
              I am basically here after trying to Unroot the box to see if some local TV on demand apps would work afterwards.(Box pre rooted) Ended up with a box stuck on start animation. After trying to use SuperSU to try and UNRoot. Probably the wrong way to do it. My box does have the BT voice remote so thought the above would have worked. Unless update via SD was the problem? Any insight greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by SYMONDO View Post

I tried the above also but slightly different. I used an SD with 20180316.143701.V0213 (Step 1) Which worked fine. Tried step 2 but failed with an error. OTA does not work either. Error also.
                I was trying to get the box back to 20180803.173707.V0213 which it came with.
                I am basically here after trying to Unroot the box to see if some local TV on demand apps would work afterwards.(Box pre rooted) Ended up with a box stuck on start animation. After trying to use SuperSU to try and UNRoot. Probably the wrong way to do it. My box does have the BT voice remote so thought the above would have worked. Unless update via SD was the problem? Any insight greatly appreciated.
                I wanted to ask related question on this...how to unroot this box? Or at least, hide root access to certain apps? Coz my local TV on demand apps detect root access & dont allow it !! Please help.

Comment

I wanted to ask related question on this...how to unroot this box? Or at least, hide root access to certain apps? Coz my local TV on demand apps detect root access & dont allow it !! Please help.
                  I second that 'genext'. My failed attempts bricked one of my m8s pro L's. (Sort of, Stuck on boot animation) Fortunately i have a second. I was able to get the bricked box functioning again on an older ROM but does not seem to be as stable. Youtube freezes after a while on every video.
                  I do not know why these boxes come rooted. It writes off being able to use local on demand tv apps.
                  So I still need to restore to later firmware and figure out how to safely unroot. I tried deleting specific folders (Superuser & SU? I think they were) Then tried installing superSU apk. which had a myriad of problems then has landed me here. Also looking for help.

Comment

I did come across an app specifically for 'hiding root access' to specific apps. But did not get a chance to try it as my problems to sort got worse.

Comment

Have if not tried Magisk? It hides root from other apps...but I don't know if it works on boxes...

Comment

Originally posted by SYMONDO View Post

I second that 'genext'. My failed attempts bricked one of my m8s pro L's. (Sort of, Stuck on boot animation) Fortunately i have a second. I was able to get the bricked box functioning again on an older ROM but does not seem to be as stable. Youtube freezes after a while on every video.
                        I do not know why these boxes come rooted. It writes off being able to use local on demand tv apps.
                        So I still need to restore to later firmware and figure out how to safely unroot. I tried deleting specific folders (Superuser & SU? I think they were) Then tried installing superSU apk. which had a myriad of problems then has landed me here. Also looking for help.
                        Back up your working box using twrp and restore on your other box using twrp.should get you back to where you where.

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

Back up your working box using twrp and restore on your other box using twrp.should get you back to where you where.
                          Hi Supermal, mind to share how to do this? I mean, to install twrp on this box. I've done before on handphones, but never tried on Android box

Comment

Second this. LB users here which need TWRP to install Magisk to hide root.
                            I also need some guidance on how to install TWRP, at least which version of TWRP that works fine with our box.

Thanks

Originally posted by genext View Post

Hi Supermal, mind to share how to do this? I mean, to install twrp on this box. I've done before on handphones, but never tried on Android box

Comment

Originally posted by jhlou
                              Second this. LB users here which need TWRP to install Magisk to hide root.
                              I also need some guidance on how to install TWRP, at least which version of TWRP that works fine with our box.

Thanks

You can just put twrp.Img (rename recovery.img) in sdcard with magisk.zip.
                              You can use twrp in live mode without install
                              After You can use the magisk manager for install module and update magisk.

Envoyé de mon XT1562 en utilisant Tapatalk

Sorry for my badly english

Comment

Hi everyone, my first post, just registered.
                                I'm here because i'm very new to the TV box's world with my brand new MeCool M8S Pro L (LB version) from Gearbest.
                                Like others have said, we (LB owners) have to do our part now to help Guest to help us with this new Mecool version.
                                I think that we can easily afford a little donation to a Paypal account he prefers to make him buy the box.
                                We are more and more everyday that are just asking for free, now it's time to give something back for his hard and valuable work.
                                Just 1$ or 1€ or a little more it's not so much for everyone but is far enough than 0.
                                Consider me of the group, let's make it.

Comment

Working...
                                X