Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mecool M8S Pro L TVStock Nexus ROM (Android TV 7.1)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by san_ic View Post
    i have the one without the Bluetooth voice remote and it's Android TV. It's not for the 'feeling', it's about being able to run all the regular apps i have on my phone. I have been able to run all streaming apps on my older mecool without any issues. i bought the new box for my in-laws and the standard phone/tablet Android is more convenient for them
    Both variants of M8S Pro L, LB versions, (with normal remote or BT voice remote ) came (as tv boxes) with android tv firmwares (the first with no ATV mecool leanback launcher and the BT ver. with leanback ATV launcher). There is no standard android firmware stock rom for these boxes. I suppose the problem is that you can' t download your regular apks that you have in your phone, from google play store (as android tv version), but you can download from another source the desired apks and install (via usb stick or sd card) to the box.

Comment

Ola qual rom colocar pra transforma a mecool m8s pro w em android tv

Comment

Thanks guys. I did install Netflix and some other apps from Aptoide but there are still issues. Among the apps that I use, Youtube hangs after a bit and Amazon prime does not work.
        Pardon my ignorance, i don't know what a leanback launcher is but if what Giannis says holds good then i don't have the leanback launcher in my box. While I may be able to load apps via the usb, it's not something my in-laws will be able to. That's the biggest drawback for me since they live in different city

Comment

Originally posted by Thghost View Post
          Everyone, hello, I have a device T95z plus 3gb/16gb. Can I install this firmware on my device? Thanks a lot.
          Is there anyone to help me? I want to use NetFlix (android tv) version. Because the remote control is easy to use. Thanks.

Comment

Is there anyone to help me? I want to use NetFlix (android tv) version. Because the remote control is easy to use. Thanks.
            Generally you can't install firmwares across devices. Unless you think your T95z plus is identical to the mecool m8s pro L. But I doubt that.

Comment

Thanks guys. I did install Netflix and some other apps from Aptoide but there are still issues. Among the apps that I use, Youtube hangs after a bit and Amazon prime does not work.
              Pardon my ignorance, i don't know what a leanback launcher is but if what Giannis says holds good then i don't have the leanback launcher in my box. While I may be able to load apps via the usb, it's not something my in-laws will be able to. That's the biggest drawback for me since they live in different city
              Just to be clear: there is no other firmware you can use for your LB variant.

So you'll have to find a solution to each of your problems separately:
              1. YouTube hangs: you should update to the latest OTA stock firmware which fixed the youtube issue
              2. Amazon prime: no idea, search if others found way to work amazon
              3. Don't want to install apps via USB: I think there are a few special apps which look a little bit like Google Play but actually install apks. I think there is one called aptoide?

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post

Generally you can't install firmwares across devices. Unless you think your T95z plus is identical to the mecool m8s pro L. But I doubt that.
                Thanks for the answer. The two devices are exactly the same. I also expect comments from experienced friends

Comment

Thanks for the answer. The two devices are exactly the same. I also expect comments from experienced friends
                  It's not enough just to have same specifications as listed e.g. on sellers website. They need to be more identical, like same manufacturer, same motherboard, same wifi chipset, ethernet chipset - these details you don't see on seller websites. I really think they're not the same.

Comment

Originally posted by DrNicos View Post

It's not enough just to have same specifications as listed e.g. on sellers website. They need to be more identical, like same manufacturer, same motherboard, same wifi chipset, ethernet chipset - these details you don't see on seller websites. I really think they're not the same.
                    Ok thanks

Comment

Your mecool box LB version came with M8S_PRO_L-NHG47L-20180316.115110.V0213 stock rom ( atv firmware with mecool leanback launcher , normal remote version). [image of your main screen of the mecool leanback launcher as below].

Click image for larger version  Name:	aaa.jpg Views:	1 Size:	39.3 KB ID:	742652

This stock firmware hasn't ota update yet (the stock rom of BT version box has already two ota updates). So if you have youtube issues the only solution is to uninstall the updates from youtube apk and prevent it to update.automatically again. I haven't Amazon Prime so I didn't test it.
                      Last edited by Giannis; 08-30-2018, 16:51.

Comment

Anyone else with LB version (bt remote) unable to playback video from HBO GO? I get a black screen and garbled audio, anyone else encounter this or find a solution?

Comment

Originally posted by supermal View Post

I am working on something.may have some good news soon but don't hold me to it.i can but try.
                          The OTA update is still failing for me. Any luck with sharing the 20180803.173707.V0213.img file?

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post

The OTA update is still failing for me. Any luck with sharing the 20180803.173707.V0213.img file?
                            For me too.

Also if any one already successfully updated, can share the TWRP FULL ROM BACKUP.

Thanks in advance...

Comment

Originally posted by LoKin View Post

Still trying to get one that works without errors.

Comment

Changelog (20180830):
                                • Ported over latest M8S Pro OEM firmware (20180412.194117.V0213)
                                • Merged in latest M8S Pro L bootloader and device tree (20180803.173707.V0213)
                                • Updated to TWRP Recovery 3.2.3-0
                                • Preserves Miracast from OEM firmware
                                • Latest build from Open GApps (20180830)
                                Notes:
                                • This firmware is designed for earlier models of the M8S Pro L with the QCA9377 wireless chipset. If you install it on later (non-LQ) hardware, WiFi and Bluetooth won't work.
                                Download:

Comment

Working...
                                X