Rom: Android Pie for S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by superceleron View Post
    i also had/have one with S/N: B706xx but i cant find it... is somewhere in the storage lol.
    then the problem with S/N: B706.... still not resolved, thanks for the answer

Comment

• superceleron
      superceleron commented
      Editing a comment
      ye maybe is that serial ones that has issues?!
      Anyway let's see what they say, not that matters much!

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
    I managed to create twrp recovery for this.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ikh...D46Ope6bo/view try this

also how did you install magisk from sdcard? please can you list the steps.
    ppromo47, the twrp recovery file, unfortunately does not work, as a matter of fact, I can no longer go to recovery, thanks anyway that is part of testing, I will try to go to factory reset.
    As for installing the magisk;
    Download this zip file, I found on freaktab discussions and copy on sd card
    https://mega.nz/#!kR8Qyb5Z!ppLHfbaOf...vTtv4g6Xf8nOAU
    install the Terminal Emu app, type; reboot recovery, install the zip file from sd card,
    you are now in TWRP (temp)
    Install the magisk zip file, and voila, it's rooted.
    BTW I had to use a usb flash drive for the magisk zip file, as my sd card was not visible in the temp twrp.
    Let me know if you are successfull, also possibly another twrp recovery file.
    Last edited by minonano; 07-12-2020, 20:37.

Comment

Too many links for the first post...lots of update from DaivietPDA
      (I think these are 32 bit)

Support normal use and on and off:

Control tanix , control mecool , control enybox, HIMEDIA control, air mouse and voice supporttool to run Amlogic + USB + Burning + Tool_v2.1.7.0.exe
      have tested this beta on Himedia A5, Nexbox A1, EM92, vibox v8 plus 3G ...

OTA UPDATE. UPDATE THROUGH THE APP UPDATE APP—————————————————————————
      LPDDR3. S912 DEVICES have many types, so I do not have the equipment to test, I just build it here and you are the testers. (PATCH lpddr3 by HighwayStar )————————————————————————
      SLOWEMM C. S912 ATV9 VERSION FOR SLOW EMMC . This is a s912 main configuration which is missing with 2g 8bit ram and emmc4.5 running with lower performance than standard s912 boxes, so can not run with the above Roms, I have builttThis is separate version, pay attention because the performance is not high so if google play store is updating youtube, it will be out youtube while watching, please update or turn off the automatic update, generally works ok.OTA UPDATE. UPDATE THROUGH THE APP UPDATE APP

Comment

Thanks for developers and who give some effort for this.
        i have h96 pro + v2.2. If i install with usb burning tool just aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-1000.img, my box runs atv 9. Am I right?
        Reaper Man

Comment

Thank you developers!!!!

I have a H96 Pro Plus with 3gb lpddr3 32gb onboard and these roms worked best.

1. DaivietPDA aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-1000.img . It has a working ir remote config (most buttons working), putting the tv box to sleep turns the blue led off and waking it up turn the led back on, everything else works...bluetooth,wifi, lan, it has a file browser and is fast and responsive. My only gripe is that it's 32bit rom.

2. Bumerc hertz_upgrade_package_pie_2_3g_qca9377_lpddr3.tar. xz . It also has a working ir remote config (at least one less button works than the davietpda rom) , putting the tv box to sleep leaves the blue led on, everything else works....bluetooth, wifi, lan, it doesn't come with a file browser but it has supersu with root and is fast and responsive. It's also is a 64bit rom. I'm using this rom at the moment.

@bumerc does this rom have:
          • fix for flickering cursor issue? edited- flickering cursor issue is there.
          • Removed code that overwrite recovery when installing custom recovery?
          Last edited by trinierddman; 07-15-2020, 00:51.

Comment

I burn aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2.img, aml_upgrade_package_s912-pie-beta2-lpddr3-3G-wifi9377-1000.img won't burn. There is some voice flickering up and down. But works. I can play h265 movies. At first I get some wifi problem,disconnects randomly, but ethernet works.

Comment

fix for flickering cursor issue? edited- flickering cursor issue is there.
              Removed code that overwrite recovery when installing custom recovery?
              HighwayStar fixed this, if I have time I will build a new IMG

Comment

hertz-ota-eng.daivietpda.ddr3-ddr4-9377-beta3 not working on h96 pro+ with ddr4 v3 still same freez/restart problem, i've asked the developer on his facebook account if he will try to do something about.
                Let's cross our finger h96 ddr4 users, until then keep on using superceleron SCV7A firmware

edit: apparently davietpda developer will try to do something about it after he comes back from holydays. Hope he will succed.

@superceleron sorry to bother you again but do you have any other information that could be useful to davietpda developer in order to fix that freez/restart problem?
                Last edited by Massimo1993; 07-15-2020, 16:53.

Comment

@Agronur,

The upgrade package should be for the Android Update&Backup system app or using TWRP to update?
                  If other firmware does not work, are you using older Amlogic burn tool? As for SD card method....other people like and can help with that...
                  I will be testing Pie ...maybe at the end of the month, other projects come first.

Comment

An open question.
                    With Android Pie, is there any performance benefit between 32 bit or 64 bit?
                    • If 32 bit..had to work double(as an rough concept) so it runs more/hotter?
                    • If 64 bit controls more ram and cache at one time...depriving user apps?
                    • Video/media players (Kodi?) did better with 32 bit...pre -2020 ?

I can't answer to others what I don't know..

Comment

Originally posted by ReaperMan View Post
                      An open question.
                      With Android Pie, is there any performance benefit between 32 bit or 64 bit?
                      • If 32 bit..had to work double(as an rough concept) so it runs more/hotter?
                      • If 64 bit controls more ram and cache at one time...depriving user apps?
                      • Video/media players (Kodi?) did better with 32 bit...pre -2020 ?

I can't answer to others what I don't know..
                      well not that many, except some android emulators(dolphin) that are only 64bits.
                      on the rest, you do not notice the difference, well at least i dont.

Comment

que fireware es el mas apropiado para h96 pro plus ddr3/4 gracias

Comment

that fireware is the most suitable for h96 pro plus ddr3/4 thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
                            I managed to create twrp recovery for this.
                            https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ikh...D46Ope6bo/view try this

also how did you install magisk from sdcard? please can you list the steps.
                            ppromo47 your twrp recovery works well with DaivietPDA (just tried it), but could not install Magisk on the GTI Ult, as it is already rooted, for some reasons the twrp would not work with Khadas. Thought you might want to know, thanks for the file.

Comment

Originally posted by minonano View Post

ppromo47 your twrp recovery works well with DaivietPDA (just tried it), but could not install Magisk on the GTI Ult, as it is already rooted, for some reasons the twrp would not work with Khadas. Thought you might want to know, thanks for the file.
                              I am glad it worked for you, infact I created it from Khadas IMG but it was for LPRAM 3/32 config.

Comment

Working...
                              X