No announcement yet.

Rom: Android Pie for S912

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HighwayStar are you planning anymore fixes this weekend, just asking..... NO ETAs

Comment

Originally posted by Massimo1993 View Post

@superceleron sorry to bother you again but do you have any other information that could be useful to davietpda developer in order to fix that freez/restart problem?
      Sorry only notice this now.
      Not as easy as you might think, that was one of the reasons at the time made me go away from s912, to many different ram used and is impossible(well nothing is impossible just not practical) for you to support all in a single rom.
      I have my roms done for a while now, proper atv rom etc but.. i just still did not rls it because of all this DDR ram difference issue.
      Btw beelink ones are especially complicated on that subject.

Comment

Originally posted by superceleron View Post

Sorry only notice this now.
        Not as easy as you might think, that was one of the reasons at the time made me go away from s912, to many different ram used and is impossible(well nothing is impossible just not practical) for you to support all in a single rom.
        I have my roms done for a while now, proper atv rom etc but.. i just still did not rls it because of all this DDR ram difference issue.
        Btw beelink ones are especially complicated on that subject.
        Yes, never said it was easy and never underestimated the problem (i just have some minor programming skill) i just wanted to try to help davietpda developer who offered to try solve the problem, asking you for more insight on the problem was the fastest/easiest way.

Anyway opening my h96 pro+ i did find there are 2x2 ram chip, i presume 2 are 1GB and 2 are 512MB, now i understand the problem you were talking about. At first i did think there was difference just between h96 models and instead there are even different ram chip in the same model. I am correct?

Comment

Anyway opening my h96 pro+ i did find there are 2x2 ram chip, i presume 2 are 1GB and 2 are 512MB, now i understand the problem you were talking about. At first i did think there was difference just between h96 models and instead there are even different ram chip in the same model. I am correct?
          yes you totally correct

Comment

yes you totally correct
            would you like to share the build for remaining devices, it worth testing.......

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post

would you like to share the build for remaining devices, it worth testing.......
              Yes i will be sharing it, i will create its own thread.
              Going to be secureos, and 16 builds total... and then i will walk away from s912 and let it fade
              8 builds QCBT and 8 BCMBT, from each 8, 4 ddr3/ddr4 and 4 lpdd3 and from that 4, 2 are "normal" and 2 are "atv".
              So ye lots of roms.......... btw i will not support 100mbits ethernet.. or else that goes up a lot in terms of roms..
              Also im not supporting any particular remotes, other than the 2.4g g10 and g10s and some other 2.4g remotes... on IR ones.. well i do not care!
              Btw no beelink support on secureos builds, since looks like beelink boxes go haywire with it and cant read the secure key... go figure.
              Boxes tested:
              • original 1º ever h96 pro ddr3
              • a later h96 also ddr3
              • a h96 lpddr3
              • a tanix DDR4 (cant remember the model, does not have markings on it.. its a metal case), and works great all ram is detected fine
              • Mecool M8S Pro L (lpddr3) widevine l1 and does not lose it, but does lose the eth since is 100mbits only.
              • beelink GT1, does not boot stays in boot logo because it cant read the secure key...
              • beelink GT1 ultimate, same as above and also only detects 2gb ram instead of the 3gb, i tested other ppl uboots and are all the same, like said beelink boxes are very peculiar.
              And that is it, this going to take a while because doing 16 roms is hard and doing 8 compiles from source each one 1h30 is almost 11h non stop compile....
              So when they ready all of them, i will post it.

Comment

Yes i will be sharing it, i will create its own thread.
                Going to be secureos, and 16 builds total... and then i will walk away from s912 and let it fade
                8 builds QCBT and 8 BCMBT, from each 8, 4 ddr3/ddr4 and 4 lpdd3 and from that 4, 2 are "normal" and 2 are "atv".
                So ye lots of roms.......... btw i will not support 100mbits ethernet.. or else that goes up a lot in terms of roms..
                Also im not supporting any particular remotes, other than the 2.4g g10 and g10s and some other 2.4g remotes... on IR ones.. well i do not care!
                Btw no beelink support on secureos builds, since looks like beelink boxes go haywire with it and cant read the secure key... go figure.
                Boxes tested:
                • original 1º ever h96 pro ddr3
                • a later h96 also ddr3
                • a h96 lpddr3
                • a tanix DDR4 (cant remember the model, does not have markings on it.. its a metal case), and works great all ram is detected fine
                • Mecool M8S Pro L (lpddr3) widevine l1 and does not lose it, but does lose the eth since is 100mbits only.
                • beelink GT1, does not boot stays in boot logo because it cant read the secure key...
                • beelink GT1 ultimate, same as above and also only detects 2gb ram instead of the 3gb, i tested other ppl uboots and are all the same, like said beelink boxes are very peculiar.
                And that is it, this going to take a while because doing 16 roms is hard and doing 8 compiles from source each one 1h30 is almost 11h non stop compile....
                So when they ready all of them, i will post it.
                Thank you...... any small update from you is much appreciated, I understand you are super busy plus compiling so many sources needs lots of efforts...
                will be be waiting for an update from you....

Comment

hertz-ota-eng.daivietpda.ddr3-ddr4-9377-beta3 not working on h96 pro+ with ddr4 v3 still same freez/restart problem, i've asked the developer on his facebook account if he will try to do something about.
                  I compiled the u-boot for v3 board some time ago, try this
                  u-boot_ddr4-cl16_v3_board.tar.xz

Comment

hmm should i do secureos? i do not see the point for L1 devices... you guys won't take advantage of it anyway.
                    What you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by bumerc View Post
                      I compiled the u-boot for v3 board some time ago, try this
                      u-boot_ddr4-cl16_v3_board.tar.xz
                      Really thanks, i personally don't know how to use it but i will link it to daivietpda to make a rom for h96 pro+ users if it's ok for you.

hmm should i do secureos? i do not see the point for L1 devices... you guys won't take advantage of it anyway.
                      What you guys think?
                      Doubt that someone is concerned with security when they bought a chinese unknown tv box. Don't bother yourself, just having a working android 9 rom is well beyond everyone expectation.
                      Thanks again for your work.

Last edited by Massimo1993; 07-18-2020, 22:04.

Comment

Really thanks, i personally don't know how to use it but i will link it to daivietpda to make a rom for h96 pro+ users if it's ok for you.
                        no problem, but this uboot has yet to be tested

Comment

secureos?
                          What is?
                          I guess that means I don't need it?...LOL!
                          Does it affect root???

P.S. 16 releases, you rock on the overkill!

Comment

What you guys think?
                            Not sure if my device will have secureOS. it up to you really, also instead of cooking 16 different ROMs, isn't there a better option, like cook one ROM and provide patches for device / RAM specific. just throwing ideas, not sure if that will work.

I still think s912 deserves A10 / A11.... its still better than most of the S905XX

Comment

Hello everyone. How to fix remote correct. My devices T95R Pro s912 2/8gb. Wifi and Ethernet good but Bluetooth not working.

Comment

Originally posted by ppromo47 View Post
                                I still think s912 deserves A10 / A11.... its still better than most of the S905XX
                                A9 isn't good enough? Unfortunately i think this will be the last update we will see for this chipset.
                                If you want a longer software support x86 mini pc are the way to go.
                                When i did have some money to spend i bought a 130€ x86 router with an intel 3865U and the software support and variety is just astonishing compared to arm stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X