Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pretty much !!! Not fair to end users and only way to send message back is to return product falsely advertised and not buy cheap chipsets lets them keep all that inventory that will drop prices and just me I refuse to deal with sellers that cant provide what I ordered. But if it wasn't for all at freaktab no one would have clue what was going on. Newer faster machines already in the pipe line so ill wait and test when they come in 3188T I have already abandoned.
    Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I just received a comment on one of my video referring to this thead, blacklisting CR11s device for using RK3188-T CPU version.
      Short unboxing video showing latest Quad-core RK3188 TV stick, the Cloudnetgo CR9 (MK809III). For more details and review visit the forum: http://tabletrepub...

Just wanted to add my own comment after opening up my CR11s unit and confirming that my unit is RK3188 and not RK3188-T as claimed in this thead.

Admin's and mod's here should already have learned that many resellers (specially on Ali), will get cheaper versions of popular models from unofficial sources to be able to offer 2USD discount for poor western buyers.

Making lists like this will not serve its purpose and will only confuse buyers even more.

So blacklisting good manufactuerers just cos someone bouth a cheaper version from some uknown or even known seller does not help to make this situtation any better.

Try instead to do as we do in our forum, always link to offical resllers (often manufacturers have direct sale to end buyer). If they sell bad hardware in offical channel if will hurt their sales and force them to offer better hardware, better service and push out the bad players that you are trying to stop.

Our mission is same, better hardware, better software, better support and better price to all.
      Good luck.

Comment

I will post the email from cloudnetgo where they confirmed Thier model cr11s. Is shipped with the 3188T s you got lucky good for you most are not as lucky.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I tried to get them to be open about this as they still advertising as 1.8 and thats just wrong. Here is the response from them directly I dont think what they are doing is right in anyway. If they are on the list maybe they will consider how badly this has affected the end user and do the right thing and put the T chipset aside and or offer discounted price for defective products?

Some of email deleated for obvious reasons.

Regards.

good day !
          this is apple sales manager of cloudnetgo,glad to service for you .

our CR11S USED chipest RK3188T ,to be honest .

and we also very interested in the last suggest to open a forum .

what should we do ?

may i know some information about your company ?

and where are you from ?

many tks if we can get early reply from you .tks again

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
            I tried to get them to be open about this as they still advertising as 1.8 and thats just wrong. Here is the response from them directly I dont think what they are doing is right in anyway. If they are on the list maybe they will consider how badly this has affected the end user and do the right thing and put the T chipset aside and or offer discounted price for defective products?

Some of email deleated for obvious reasons.
            Thanks for the update, i was not aware they have switched to T version since i received my unit and why.
            I will contact them again to clarify this.

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down VersionĀ“s of RK3188 CPU

Look the same with the RKM MK802IV.
              First Version With AP6210 had have a RK3188 And Now it is a T Model.
              The Device was not buy at Ali.
              Same for Ugoos. In There List you can buy a T or non T Version as same Model to resell it. The price difference are 3 USD.

Neomode

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9305 mit Tapatalk 2

Comment

Originally posted by andropos View Post
                Just wanted to add my own comment after opening up my CR11s unit and confirming that my unit is RK3188 and not RK3188-T as claimed in this thead.Making lists like this will not serve its purpose and will only confuse buyers even more.
                To be fair, you've had your CR11s for more than a couple of months. You cannot state unequivocally that new CR11s are being delivered with the same chip as the one in yours. Unless you work for said manufacturer, that is, in which case your review is not unbiased. Read this entire thread and you'll see that manufacturers switched out the chips, apparently without telling anyone.

Originally posted by andropos View Post
                So blacklisting good manufactuerers just cos someone bouth a cheaper version from some uknown or even known seller does not help to make this situtation any better.
                While the original intent of this thread may have been to call out certain brands, it's clear that there are far too many clones and that any device advertised as RK3188 is suspect. Suspect does not mean proven guilty in all cases, but buyer beware. AFAIK (according to this thread, I believe) the only manufacturer that has stated definitively that they do not and will not use RK3188-T is Minix. Again, by reading the entire thread you'll discover that the conversation is now mostly about how to deal with RK3188-T devices.

Update: Unverified info from scooter2014 in this thread-
                Last edited by tinyhands; 02-18-2014, 22:47.

Comment

mk802IV

If some one have doubts about producer honesty please log yourself to Rikomagic page and see the spec for MK802IV. The message is that the RK3188-T is still RK3188 and the CPU is up to 1.6 although run at 1.4. All this changes are just to save the electric energy and prevent from climate warming.

Comment

[QUOI E=jp.mk802;147636]If some Have doubts about producer honesty please log yourself to Rikomagic page and see the spec for MK802IV. The message is that the RK3188-T is still RK3188 and the CPU is up to 1.6 although run at 1.4. All this changes are just to save the electric energy and prevent from climate warming.[/QUOTE]

And u believe them too. Yes the Easter bunny is real and jackalopes are too. They should have set it at 1.GHz would have saved more from a device that uses as much as a phone bahahahahahahaha at least they tried to give a reason for the locked 1.4 but its total bull lol. I like it though someone had to think for that response!!!!
                    Last edited by scooter2014; 02-19-2014, 05:18.

Comment

Double

Comment

Andropops,
                        l got your point, but I couldn't agree. Some Sellers know since when they sold the Model T, some are not, because they don't check their product deeper.
                        But the source of fraud is still Rockship. They know for sure what they have sold to whom. Why did they not release specifications of the T-model.
                        I still can't find the rk3188T on their homepage.

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ▶ 2013

Comment

Originally posted by tinyhands View Post
                          Not so fast.
                          Note that geekbuying has revised the product description for the UM2 to include one little letter: T.
                          Buyers should not assume that their UM2, especially if purchased within the last few months, is a non-T cpu. Nor should you assume that any particular kernel & ROM combination will perform to the same level as anyone else's. At the moment, the only way anyone including el easy can definitively state that they have a non-T cpu is to open it up.

On the other hand, if el easy is offering a money back performance guarantee, I might go buy one.
                          I ordered Ugoos UM2 from Geekbuying fulfilled by Amazon. I tested with Antutu and CPU-Z, it sure went to 1.6 Ghz. So I assume that I have RK3188 non-T model. UM2 still might have non-T chip in it, but Geekbuying may changed description by mistake, as precaution or I got one from old stock.

Thanks to El_easy, now I have Neo's 1.9 with Kernal3. I still cannot make true 1080P yet after changing overlay to 1, but will find a way soon. CPU-Z still shows as 1280x672. When I change HDMI to 1080-60, TV says not supported format, but it could be TV at hotel I am testing right now. I will find out more when I get back to home this weekend.

Comment

Actually there is and d33 and others have been testing leakage and level of same! Although you may think you have the 3188 you may in fact simply have 3188T that is just one from the center of the plater. The tests the developers are doing here has shown that its more complicated then originally thought. Thus the reason you may not be able to use the OC Rom and check CPU actual level as some have installed the OC Rom just find out CPU actual still running at 1.4.

Take the red pill and youll go home and everything with your chipset will be fine, or take the blue pill and see how deep that rabbit hole really is! :-)

Comment

Originally posted by taikanaumi View Post
                              ...it sure went to 1.6 Ghz. So I assume that I have RK3188 non-T model. UM2 still might have non-T chip in it, but Geekbuying may changed description by mistake, as precaution or I got one from old stock.
                              I know it's a lot to ask, but read (at least skim) through the whole thread. Some T-models have been reported to achieve 1.6 and beyond, so speed is not an indicator of which CPU is installed. Until the dmesg log is fully developed (for lack of a better word) the only way to know with certainty is to open the device and physically look at the chip, under the heatsink if present. That notwithstanding, it's certainly possible that you got an old stock UM2 with a non-T CPU. Further, if you're happy with the performance of your device and not worried about your future flashing options, it may not matter which chip is present. That's not the case for everyone, thus this thread.

[PS: I'm by no means an expert, so don't take my word as gospel. I've just been interested in these sticks and reading up on them for a few weeks. My apologies to all if I've made a mistake in my analysis or stepped on anyone's toes.]

Comment

Its always better to ask the question to the supplier before ordering that way no disappointment. They will say it T chip or 3188. Only other way is as D33 stated. Pulling CPU heat sink not plausible from most. But better to ask from where you are purchasing.

No offence taken.

Comment

Working...
                                X