This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d33 View Post
    I prepared a suite of kernels for patching with T override removed. The example above is one of the auto-switching kernels with override still in place. CPU will stay locked in that kernel but amending the DDR in table 9 will have an affect. Table 8 is the frequency for DDR for a non-T kernel.

I strongly suggest you use the kernels I prepare for patching, they are better builds and have CPU/DDR overrides removed.
    OK. I wait for the kernels you prepare. I will patch it with your amended script after.
    We speak about 6210 1080p/720p right ?
    Last edited by mikele; 02-25-2014, 07:07.

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Originally posted by neomode View Post
      No wonder they all came from the same manufacturer
      Only a different Brand.

Neomode
      Yes, all cs968 seem to have the same manufacturer. They could give us a working kitat for their devices and the lock down will be no problem anymore, because Kitkat is much faster than Jellybean.
      This would be a nice move after making a very good business. ;-)

JDfense ----> Nexus 7 ~ 2013

Comment

Re: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Leolas, they are both DDR tables as explained above.

Table 8 is DDR for RK3188
        Table 9 is DDR for RK3188T

But, again, don't use that kernel use the special kernels provided in #614
        Thanks, I missed some post. When I tried to patch a kernel for my devices I need to use the 8 table, I didn't notice table 9 was for rk3188T. Sorry.

leolas.
        REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
        My devices:
        Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
        MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
        Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
        Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
        Gearbest.com)
        MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
        Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
        Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Leolas, they are both DDR tables as explained above.

Table 8 is DDR for RK3188
          Table 9 is DDR for RK3188T

But, again, don't use that kernel use the special kernels provided in #614
          There is no table 9 in this kernels in #614, is it normal (I need to patch for "T" models) ?
          Thanks

Comment

Hi neomode,
            Can you share your positive experience with init.rc patching?
            I tried to repack my stock boot.img and do changes in init.rc, but don't have any success with mali_dvfs.
            It always shows me the same:
            <4>[ 6.793369] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 179,Mali: 223,Mali: 297,Mali: 297,Mali: 446,Mali:
            Could you give us short example with your GPU dvfs table No7 and your changes in insmod/.../mali.ko... line?
            Thank you
            CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
            CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
            K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
              Hi neomode,
              Can you share your positive experience with init.rc patching?
              I tried to repack my stock boot.img and do changes in init.rc, but don't have any success with mali_dvfs.
              It always shows me the same:
              <4>[ 6.793369] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 179,Mali: 223,Mali: 297,Mali: 297,Mali: 446,Mali:
              Could you give us short example with your GPU dvfs table No7 and your changes in insmod/.../mali.ko... line?
              Thank you
              The kernel code in KK beta throttles the GPU. I think I've got it but have nothing to test on at the moment. I may have just received a 'T' CPU TV box at home though. I'll find out when I get back on Friday.

What Neomode found was a ROM that simply had no 600 frequency specified.
              Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
              Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
              Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
              Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
              CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
              Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
              RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
                There is no table 9 in this kernels in #614, is it normal (I need to patch for "T" models) ?
                Thanks
                OK

Kernels built directly from the KitKat Beta sources have 2 DDR tables; one for RK3188 and one for RK3188T. The CPU is locked to 1.4 GHz if it is a "T" spec regardless of the values in the CPU table and the GPU is throttled regardless of the values in the GPU table if it is a "T" spec.

I have created 'special' kernels that remove the dual operation. The CPU and RAM will operate at the frequencies in the table regardless of whether RK3188 or RK3188T. The only limitations still in place are that the T CPUs are frequency capped (usually to 1.35V) and the GPU is throttled.

So in the #614 post the Kernels have only one 'universal' RAM table (table 8).

Donate to Finless

Comment

Just wondering

Ok, I've been trying to read everything in this thread, and a few conundrums keep popping to mind...

1. You guys do know that you can use the serial port on these sticks to access the console, and effectivly check that the stick crashed, or if it was just some android ****up which has the system in an infinite reboot cycle. I mean, the stick is accessible without any tv attached, when you have the serial console. I wouldn't be surprised if you could also get telnet or ssh access with a little tweaking.

2. regarding the frequencies.... CPU and GPU are both in the same package. RAM is external.
                  so if an RK3188T is one of the "not so qualitative batch", then it's fair to assume that overclocking it will be problematic, not for all, but definitively for some. Add to that the RAM, which we can assume isn't the best grade as well. and all of this thrown together, just brings out a whole mess of working and failing frequencies.
                  So, make a small tool that is able to adjust the frequency tables, for the cpu, gpu as well as ram, in memory and testing it will be as easy as running a script for a long time.

3. three

nJoy !

Comment

Ugoos UM2 only stick with Non-RK3188-T?

I'm not sure this information is relevant here anymore, but just in case for people looking for Non-T Stick.
                    I was finally able to learn a little bit, and able to run Dmesg on Ugoos UM2 I recently purchased.
                    And I think test result shows non-RK3188-T if my understanding is correct. I appreciate one of devs can confirm it.
                    I bought it from Geekbuying fulfilled by Amazon in USA, and received on Feb 13th, 2014.
                    Again, it still could be from old stock, so I cannot say all UM2 still uses non-RK3188-T.
                    Please don't blame me if you get RK3188T for future purchase.

Here is copy of Dmesg

<4>[ 0.711778] efuse_version_val: efuse version = 31
                    <4>[ 0.711817] DVFS MSG: core: dvfs_adjust_table_lmtvolt get leakage_level = 3000
                    <4>[ 0.711872] adjust table freq=1800000 KHz, index=1375000 mV to index=1350000 mV
                    <4>[ 0.711928] efuse_version_val: efuse version = 31
                    <4>[ 0.711965] DVFS MSG: aclk_gpu: dvfs_adjust_table_lmtvolt get leakage_level = 3000
                    <6>[ 0.712847] CPU is ROCKCHIP RK3188
                    <4>[ 0.713145] rk3188 cpufreq version 2.2, suspend freq 1200 MHz

<6>[ 2.130143] ddrfreq: verion 3.2 20130917
                    <6>[ 2.130173] ddrfreq: fix cpu pause bug
                    <6>[ 2.130201] ddrfreq: normal 720MHz video 300MHz video_low 0MHz dualview 0MHz idle 0MHz suspend 198MHz reboot 300MHz

<4>[ 4.879490] Mali: Mali400 inside of rk3188!
                    <4>[ 4.879522] Mali: mali freq table num : 6
                    <4>[ 4.879653] Mali: mali freq table :Mali: 128,Mali: 198,Mali: 256,Mali: 297,Mali: 384,Mali: 594,Mali:
                    <4>[ 4.880283] Mali: init mali clock success
                    <4>[ 4.881642] Mali: Mali device driver loaded

Used Finless Kitkat with d33 very first kernal posted on this borad.

Thanks to all devs here helped me to choose good stick especially, el_easy, d33, and Bob

Comment

Originally posted by weirdow View Post
                      Ok, I've been trying to read everything in this thread, and a few conundrums keep popping to mind...!
                      1. Android Debug Bridge - The kernel needs to boot sufficiently far and stay stable to get ADB access.
                      2. PHJAnderson has created a patching script - see the link above for my amendments for KK beta kernels.

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by taikanaumi View Post
                        Dmesg on Ugoos UM2 I recently purchased.
                        And I think test result shows non-RK3188-T if my understanding is correct.
                        Correct. You are fortunate!

Donate to Finless

Comment

The kernel code in KK beta throttles the GPU. I think I've got it but have nothing to test on at the moment. I may have just received a 'T' CPU TV box at home though. I'll find out when I get back on Friday.

What Neomode found was a ROM that simply had no 600 frequency specified.
                          I think it was neomode's work with 4.2.2 not KK. I try to play around with my "T" under 4.2.2 and have cpu 1.8 and ddr 696 so far.
                          And one more interesting thing is that there aren't two lines with CPU/GPU leakage level=2, when I use sam's old kernels but the rest from stock 720p FW.
                          I would like to check if it is possible to OC GPU like neomode did, but I expect I do something wrongly.
                          Which box model is waiting for you at home? I would be happy if it were K-R42/MK888
                          CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                          K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                            Which box model is waiting for you at home? I would be happy if it were K-R42/MK888
                            Begins with Cx (CX-921??) - it's a new model for testing. I'm assuming all new RK3188 stuff except Minix are "T" spec

Donate to Finless

Comment

how to use dmesg?

BR

Comment

Begins with Cx (CX-921??) - it's a new model for testing. I'm assuming all new RK3188 stuff except Minix are "T" spec
                                It's great. I have his older brother CX-818 in my collection.
                                And if it is not BT version, you'll have strong Realtek8188 wifi inside who is the best 150mbps chip on my opinion.
                                The main difference from my K-R42 box is your one won't have SPDIF audio and external antenna, but have MIC.
                                When you will think how to open the case of box, ask me and I send you photo with the latches positions.

Comment

Working...
                                X