Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will these kernels also work on jelly bean?
    Performance wise kitkat is the way to go, but i can't do without the possibility to change the volume in the current beta rom.
    So, it's either going back to JB or wait for the beta to become gamma.

And kudos to d33, your work is much appreciated.
    --
    MK908II T

Comment

Same issue

Originally posted by dracosc22679 View Post
      Is this a real 3188 or is it a 3188T? It's a photo from my CS968 running at 1.4Ghz or 1.2Ghz depending on kernel used (4.2.2 JB).

I have an MK908ii that states it uses the full 3188 chip. I have checked with the software utility provided by NEOMODE and it says full 3188, and I also checked the DMESG output from my device, nowhere did it list 3188t. I'm not comfortable removing the heatsink. I tried all the ROM options from D33 in post #614 but none of them worked. The 1080 would never load, just a black screen, and the 720 would show two vertical white lines. I'm using Finless KitKat ROM. When I load the over clocked kernals provided by Finless BOB I'm able to only get to 1.4Ghz, stock ROM is only 1.2Ghz.

Any ideas on what is going on with our setups here?

Thanks for the help.
      Minix X8-H Plus - Finless Bob ROM 1.1 / GB Tronsmart MK908ii - Finless Bob 2.0 Beta KK ROM, D33 v300 OC

Comment

Blinking (flickering) problem fixed with changed kernel config

Originally posted by Max One View Post
        Heres a guy who found a solution for his flickering problem. Check this out https://www.miniand.com/forums/forum...flicker-solved
        Yes, you are right. Heavy blinking mk902 (3188 not T) with picuntu 4.5 stopped blinking after flashing a mentioned kernel. Everything in this precompiled kernel seems working fine. The first working kernel for picuntu 4.5 without blinking.

The best on it is that the guy found the reason and fixed it, changed two lines in config and compiled new not blinking kernel.
        On git there are changed two lines in kernel config which make the magic.

This sets the LCD GPIO pins to 1.8V, and fixes the flickering problem!
        CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V=y
        CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V=y
        So I hope that it is really fix for all those with on/off blinking problem and that this fix will be in other custom roms. From the problem evidently suffer 3188T as well as 3188.

Comment

Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

All my kernels have 1.8v set by default

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
          Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
          Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
          Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
          CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
          Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
          RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by mikele View Post
            Hey

There is a problem because I clock mine to 1.6GHz only with this kernels and Kasty Rom and I have better than you with AnTuTu -around 19000 with 1080p and around 20 000 with 720p. Before patching memory. Please trust me I can show pics if you do not trust me but its not the goal of this forum. May be the Rom Kasty is faster ? you can found it here and it fit for your cx919: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...from-20131225/ or may be my key is faster but I use GK525 and its the same as cx919. Anyway If you try Kasty give us your bench. Thanks d33 for sure.
            I posted my results because I thought there might be others who like me got frustrated about the 3188T and OC:ing it, I was just about to put it away and not use it until D33 posted the kernels

And thanks for the link, I will def check that rom out and see if its better in real life perfomance!

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
              All my kernels have 1.8v set by default
              Good to know. If this was the cause of problem, all future custom roms will be without blinking and problem would be gone. I appreciate hard work of all of you devs.

I needed kernel firstly for picuntu 4.5 and secondly for JB 4.2.2 because i am on neomode 1.9a.
              I suppose that all your kernels are for KK 4.4 and aren't compatible with 4.2.2 ?

Comment

Originally posted by tobr View Post
                Good to know. If this was the cause of problem, all future custom roms will be without blinking and problem would be gone. I appreciate hard work of all of you devs.

I needed kernel firstly for picuntu 4.5 and secondly for JB 4.2.2 because i am on neomode 1.9a.
                I suppose that all your kernels are for KK 4.4 and aren't compatible with 4.2.2 ?
                Yeah I´m waiting also for new kernels 4.2.2 with that fix. To bad that i cant switch to KK, cause of the new bootloaders it ends always in a brick.

It would be nice if someone could write/ make a script so we are able to patch our favorite kernel. The patch should simply change those 2 lines to "y":

CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V=y
                CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V=y

and thats it. That would be very cool

All moved to KK and left us alone with our problem

I hope were getting some help soon.
                cx-919ii

Comment

Originally posted by tobr View Post

I assume so, I've not tried

Donate to Finless

Comment

It would be nice if someone could write/ make a script so we are able to patch our favorite kernel. The patch should simply change those 2 lines to "y":

CONFIG_LCDC0_IO_18V=y
                    CONFIG_LCDC1_IO_18V=y

and thats it. That would be very cool

All moved to KK and left us alone with our problem

I hope were getting some help soon.
                    the above are compile time definitions. You would need to recompile.

Reading the code it seems the change it makes is to just one bit! For LCDC1, which is used by 99% of sticks for HDMI, the value passed is 0x80000000 for 3.3v (bit 13 not set) and 0x80008000 for 1.8v (bit 13 set) in RK3188_lcdc.c

Maybe Bob can patch this based on pattern matching.

Donate to Finless

Comment

the above are compile time definitions. You would need to recompile.

Reading the code it seems the change it makes is to just one bit! For LCDC1, which is used by 99% of sticks for HDMI, the value passed is 0x80000000 for 3.3v (bit 13 not set) and 0x80008000 for 1.8v (bit 13 set) in RK3188_lcdc.c

Maybe Bob can patch this based on pattern matching.

If any of you are particularly keen you could download your kernel that is flickering and look at it in a hex editor, like XVI32, and see how many times the pattern 80000000 comes up. If it is only a few you could patch them one by one until you hit the jackpot!

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'

Donate to Finless

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

I assume so, I've not tried
                        I have tried nearly all I could imagine. KitKat kernels do not work with JellyBean.

JDfense --->I8160

Comment

If any of you are particularly keen you could download your kernel that is flickering and look at it in a hex editor, like XVI32, and see how many times the pattern 80000000 comes up. If it is only a few you could patch them one by one until you hit the jackpot!

Using my ipad so apols for any stupid ios spelling 'corrections'
                          Ok. I will give it a try.

Edit: I tried it but im to noob for that.

Could u look for me or tell us step by step what we have exactly to do?

here is the flickering kernel what im looking into
                          Attached Files
                          cx-919ii

Comment

Ok. I will give it a try.

Edit: I tried it but im to noob for that.

Could u look for me or tell us step by step what we have exactly to do?

here is the flickering kernel what im looking into
                            Hmmm. When i open this kernel in a hex editor, i find 294 occurrences of 80 00 00 00. So it's useless to try and change it with a hex editor.
                            --
                            MK908II T

Comment

Bob has a decompile tool which will allow him to get the individual object file. He's not available this week though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

Ok. Then we will wait for Bob.
                                cx-919ii

Comment

Working...
                                X