• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ma_trix View Post
    how to use dmesg?

BR
    This is how noob like I am did it.

1. See what model of TV stick/Box model you have, and find out how to get in download(boot) mode reading appropriate thread on this site.

2. Backup your original firmware if you know how. (I skipped this part, so I cannot help)
    3. Download Finless kitkat or appropriate kitkat rom for your device, and flash ROM using flash tool packed with Custom Rom you downloaded.
    4. Download d33's test Kernal from post#373 by d33, or you might have to use different kernal d33 posted thereafter if you have T model that boots up.
    4.5 Flash just kernal just downloaded only.
    5. Install one of Terminal emulator from Playstore(free), and Antutu, and CPU-Z if information from those app needed.
    6. Open Terminal Emulator app, then you will see $ sign. ( I had to go into VIEW on right top menu to make font bigger to see correctly).
    7. Type su, then return.
    8. $ becomes to #, hereafter, that means you have super user permission now.( you have to grant permission, of course when SU app ask you to respond)
    9 Then type dmesg > /mnt/sdcard/dmesg. (I tried /mnt/sdcard/dmesg.txt but did not work correctly, I also chaged target folder to /mnt/internal_sd/dmesg)
    10. find a file using ES file exploer or similar, and open it as txt file, and find lines similar to what everybody posting on this thread.

I hope this is helpful.

Comment

AW: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

I can Confirm that the UM2 from Ugoos used the Rk3188 CPU only no There CPU s inside the UM2.

Neomode

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
        OK

Kernels built directly from the KitKat Beta sources have 2 DDR tables; one for RK3188 and one for RK3188T. The CPU is locked to 1.4 GHz if it is a "T" spec regardless of the values in the CPU table and the GPU is throttled regardless of the values in the GPU table if it is a "T" spec.

I have created 'special' kernels that remove the dual operation. The CPU and RAM will operate at the frequencies in the table regardless of whether RK3188 or RK3188T. The only limitations still in place are that the T CPUs are frequency capped (usually to 1.35V) and the GPU is throttled.

So in the #614 post the Kernels have only one 'universal' RAM table (table 8).
        Thanks for that. For all.

Is there any way to unlock GPU frequencies ?

DMESG show my Mali frequencies in table no 3 ? Its not table 7 ??

Any chance to get more than 1.6GHz with this kernels from post 614 ? At this time all seem to be OK with 667 DDR 1.6GHz
        Last edited by mikele; 02-25-2014, 21:22. Reason: thank you d33

Comment

OK

Kernels built directly from the KitKat Beta sources have 2 DDR tables; one for RK3188 and one for RK3188T. The CPU is locked to 1.4 GHz if it is a "T" spec regardless of the values in the CPU table and the GPU is throttled regardless of the values in the GPU table if it is a "T" spec.

I have created 'special' kernels that remove the dual operation. The CPU and RAM will operate at the frequencies in the table regardless of whether RK3188 or RK3188T. The only limitations still in place are that the T CPUs are frequency capped (usually to 1.35V) and the GPU is throttled.

So in the #614 post the Kernels have only one 'universal' RAM table (table 8).
          Woooo d33

With your amended script I patched your kernel "T" from post #614 to 720MHz for DDR and 1.6GHz CPU and thats rocks solid ! I checked and DMESG show 720MHz for DDR and CPUz 1.6GHz for the CPU.
          Its curious because last week I tried your Kernel "Fast" (720MHz DDR) and it freezing at boot.
          I tried to patch the CPU to 1.7GHz but don't boot, I have to reset my dongle.
          Hope you will found something to unlock the GPU for "T" chips, and may be unlock voltage for CPU ?
          I saw somewhere that Hynix DDR ram are certified for 800MHz...
          Last edited by mikele; 02-26-2014, 05:12.

Comment

mk902 with heavy blinking problems, stock rom on 1.4GHz but true 3188 inside

My mk902 (manufactured 12/2013) has heavy blinking problems (as I wrote many times before) and problems with most custom roms not booting. I was convinced that 3188T must be inside but it's not true. Yesterday I removed heatsink and there is normal 3188 (good luck). I am on 4.2.2 and in dmesq volt_leakage is 2 not 0. Can leakage level 2 indicate that my 3188 is not so good as some others 3188 so that stability and overclocking potencial is lower?
            I have neomode 1.9a with 720p kernel cpu:1.7, gpu:800, ram:667. antutu 20070.

So that the problems with blinking which appeared suddenly in many devices and which depends on mutual combination of device and tv,monitor DOESN'T automatically mean 3188T inside. Even true 3188 suffer from the problem.

So that stability and overclocking is connected with 3188t but blinking (monitor on/off every 2s) definitely not.

Comment

So a huge massive thanks to D33 for the kernels on post #614!!
              I was about to put my cx919 on the shelve after having it for a week because I couldn't oc it above 1.4Ghz (opened it up and it was a sad 3188T), tried several rom/kernel kombos but to no good.

But now, with Wasser's kitkat rom and your 1080p kernel on post 614, everything is AWESOME!
              It has been stable for hours after hours with browsing, movies, benchmark testing, games etc. No blinking no flickering, just perfect, and wifi is awesome.

I patched it to maintain 1.6-1.8Ghz speeds so far, yes it gets hot but I'll add a heatsink and a fan today, but the performance gain is worth it, even if the life of the stick will be shortened by the oc, im a oc enthusiast

So again thanks for making my day D33!

Comment

Originally posted by taikanaumi View Post
                I was finally able to learn a little bit, and able to run Dmesg on Ugoos UM2 I recently purchased.
                And I think test result shows non-RK3188-T if my understanding is correct. I appreciate one of devs can confirm it.
                I bought it from Geekbuying fulfilled by Amazon in USA, and received on Feb 13th, 2014.
                Again, it still could be from old stock, so I cannot say all UM2 still uses non-RK3188-T.
                Please don't blame me if you get RK3188T for future purchase.

Used Finless Kitkat with d33 very first kernal posted on this borad.
                Thanks to all devs here helped me to choose good stick especially, el_easy, d33, and Bob
                I told you our Ugoos UM2 is Rock-Solid, you can throw it everything in ... Hope more people buy it to get more support here..
                By the way, you said you're running Finless Kitkat with d33 kernel.. If WIfi and everything running fine, ¿Can you please share your folder? I just want to try something new..Thanks
                -Chromecast with Google TV
                - Android Q Android 10

Comment

Originally posted by tobr View Post
                  My mk902 (manufactured 12/2013) has heavy blinking problems (as I wrote many times before) and problems with most custom roms not booting. I was convinced that 3188T must be inside but it's not true. Yesterday I removed heatsink and there is normal 3188 (good luck). I am on 4.2.2 and in dmesq volt_leakage is 2 not 0. Can leakage level 2 indicate that my 3188 is not so good as some others 3188 so that stability and overclocking potencial is lower?
                  I have neomode 1.9a with 720p kernel cpu:1.7, gpu:800, ram:667. antutu 20070.

So that the problems with blinking which appeared suddenly in many devices and which depends on mutual combination of device and tv,monitor DOESN'T automatically mean 3188T inside. Even true 3188 suffer from the problem.

So that stability and overclocking is connected with 3188t but blinking (monitor on/off every 2s) definitely not.
                  Heres a guy who found a solution for his flickering problem. Check this out https://www.miniand.com/forums/forum...flicker-solved

I have 2 same sticks, 1st Bluetimes cx 919ii works without flickering and 2nd same stick flickers with the same kernel.

dmesg of the 2nd stick attached

If its a rk3188 or not, im not sure. Neomode´s app says its a real 3188.
                  What do u think?
                  Attached Files
                  cx-919ii

Comment

1. Android Debug Bridge - The kernel needs to boot sufficiently far and stay stable to get ADB access.
                    2. PHJAnderson has created a patching script - see the link above for my amendments for KK beta kernels.
                    1. I am not talking about ADB access. Serial port <> ADB.
                    check here for quick reference.
                    First of all, I would like to thank KSK Electrics for kindly donating this S400 stick (and a MK908) to support the Linux kernel porting on...

2. Why would I want to patch a kernel, flash it, boot it, see it crash, when that all can be done at runtime, and one would only need to reboot the stick to get back to stock frequencies.

Greets

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                      I told you our Ugoos UM2 is Rock-Solid, you can throw it everything in ... Hope more people buy it to get more support here..
                      By the way, you said you're running Finless Kitkat with d33 kernel.. If WIfi and everything running fine, ¿Can you please share your folder? I just want to try something new..Thanks
                      Ugoos also told me that their new UT2 32 gig will only ship with the full RK3188 SOC also.
                      To Infinity and Beyond.... XBMC

Comment

Originally posted by emilb View Post
                        So a huge massive thanks to D33 for the kernels on post #614!!
                        I was about to put my cx919 on the shelve after having it for a week because I couldn't oc it above 1.4Ghz (opened it up and it was a sad 3188T), tried several rom/kernel kombos but to no good.

But now, with Wasser's kitkat rom and your 1080p kernel on post 614, everything is AWESOME!
                        It has been stable for hours after hours with browsing, movies, benchmark testing, games etc. No blinking no flickering, just perfect, and wifi is awesome.

I patched it to maintain 1.6-1.8Ghz speeds so far, yes it gets hot but I'll add a heatsink and a fan today, but the performance gain is worth it, even if the life of the stick will be shortened by the oc, im a oc enthusiast

So again thanks for making my day D33!

Hey

There is a problem because I clock mine to 1.6GHz only with this kernels and Kasty Rom and I have better than you with AnTuTu -around 19000 with 1080p and around 20 000 with 720p. Before patching memory. Please trust me I can show pics if you do not trust me but its not the goal of this forum. May be the Rom Kasty is faster ? you can found it here and it fit for your cx919: http://www.arctablet.com/blog/forum/...from-20131225/ or may be my key is faster but I use GK525 and its the same as cx919. Anyway If you try Kasty give us your bench. Thanks d33 for sure.

Comment

@emilb if you want to compare. this is 1080p 1.6GHz DDR stock GPU stock. GK525. Kasty Rom. d33 Kernel patched

Comment

Originally posted by el_easy View Post
                            El_easy,

So far, everything I run is in good order. But I am noob here, and need more detailed instruction. It takes super long time for me to understand one new trick reading a lot of thread.(It is hard to teach old dog a new trick!)
                            Which folder do you need? What kind of test or information is needed?, etc.
                            I only run Antutu, CPU-Z, Dramania, Chrome to watch some foreign tv show, Bittrorent, MX player with H/W acc on, so far.
                            WIFI is connected about 30-54Mps whenever I check with Range extender in my hallway about 12 feet away with room door shut, but WIFI mouse and keyboard has lags sometime. IR function is lost due to CX919 based ROM. BT not tested yet. HDMI out is set at 720P/60 because my my TOSHIBA (1080P TV) cannot take 1080/50or60 somehow (it worked fine 1080P/24 on NEO1.9 Kernal 3). It is fine with other PANASONIC with 1080P/50 or60. I cannot find overlay in Prop.build line to change it to 1 like Neo1.9 ROM did. I have not tested any 1080P video to play yet.
                            My next project is change back kernel to Neo's Kernel3 to enable 1080P/24 on TOSHIBA, then set up Beyond XBMC.

So if it is better to test or pull information before switch kernel back, let me know soon. (my wife is getting into UM2, so limited time to test)

Thanks again for UM2 advice!

Comment

Is this a real 3188 or is it a 3188T? It's a photo from my CS968 running at 1.4Ghz or 1.2Ghz depending on kernel used (4.2.2 JB).
                              Attached Files

Comment

Latest kernels are temporarily posted here for both T and normal CPUs for Ap6210/Ap6330

https://www.dropbox.com/s/74pnmyznay...nes_v01.02.zip

The 'T' kernels are without CPU/RAM override and can be patched to what you wish - 1.4/446/460 as provided.The normal kernels are 1.8/600/720.

NB. The voltage clipping is still active which affects voltages above 1.3V dependant on leakage level

Added USB ethernet support
                                Added full NTFS support - multiple partitions

I'll track this thread but will only post again if I have news.
                                Can you make kernel for 8188 Mtk ?

BR

Comment

Working...
                                X