This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by digger View Post
    So as to confirm this we have to pull out content of efuse_buf[22] and efuse_buf[23].
    But I have not enough skills, have you?
    Edit: Sorry I've just remebered you don't have "T".
    Explain me, please, how to do and I try if will be able with my "X"
    Digger I admire your hope & optimism

However, your CPU is a "T". The kernel code I modified checks the eFuse bytes and prints T or not T into DMESG.

Neomode is trying to make the test easier by making an app that looks for the "delete freq" text in the DMESG. THis is only present in kernels where the maximum frequency is higher than the capped frequency.

The app will probably work if you take a stock "T" kernel and use patchomatic to give it a frequency above 1.4. THe problem will be identifying a stock "T" kernel
    Measy U4B (=Tronsmart T428) used by my kids!
    Onda v975m - M802 - Bought from Banggood.com
    Pipo M8HD 3G - RK3188 - don't buy from pipo-store
    Tronsmart S89 Vega -S802 (sponsored by Geekbuying)
    CX921b -RK3188T (sponsored by AndroidTV)
    Cube U30GT2 - RK3188 (part sponsored by Geekbuying)
    RKM MK902 - RK3188 (sponsored by RKM)

Donate to Finless

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
      Digger I admire your hope & optimism

However, your CPU is a "T". The kernel code I modified checks the eFuse bytes and prints T or not T into DMESG.
      No problem, d33
      My optimism ran out about one week ago.
      It was only my friendly joke to neomode in case non "T" chance.
      CS918II/16GB(HTC-031-V1.0 board)
      CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
      K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

Re: Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

No problem, d33
        My optimism ran out about one week ago.
        It was only my friendly joke to neomode in case non "T" chance.
        My optimism is gone from yesterday... Maybe it will be back after few days... I'm waiting for Nexus TV, maybe Google will make one powerful device with not then less power like my Nexus 5, I mean Snapdragon 800 CPU would be great, and if there will be Chromecast functions, then Chinese junks will be dead - at least for me...

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by valzja View Post
          My optimism is gone from yesterday... Maybe it will be back after few days... I'm waiting for Nexus TV, maybe Google will make one powerful device with not then less power like my Nexus 5, I mean Snapdragon 800 CPU would be great, and if there will be Chromecast functions, then Chinese junks will be dead - at least for me...

What frequencies for CPU/GPU/RAM are you using o the NEOMODE 4.2.2 build?

Donate to Finless

Comment

Stock...
            Cpu : 1000 - 1420
            GPU: 446
            Ram: 488

If I'm remember correctly... I'm not at device now...

Comment

this device for me is little bit disappointment, because when i looked around to buy one, i compared all devices in marked... all specification was same - Rokchip 3188 + Mali 400 GPU and there was info that my device is overclocked to 1.6 ghz, but reality is deferment... of course now they changed spec, but it's too late... in other words - a lot of people purchased device with other spec then they told, it's fraud...

Comment

Originally posted by d33 View Post
                What frequencies for CPU/GPU/RAM are you using o the NEOMODE 4.2.2 build?
                If it is interesting for you my stock 720p ROM provides me with
                Cpu : 312 - 1608
                Ram: 456

I was going to open dispute with my seller, who tricked me with "T" too.
                But my device shows me 1608 with stock FW and I cannot remove heatsink from RK chip in order to get 100% evidence.
                Last edited by digger; 02-17-2014, 22:21.
                CS918 (TN-BX09_V2.1 2013/05/31) FW: k-r42-old_revision-wasser-1.2.3- fried by 12V PS
                K-R42 board version B351_V2.0 1348, wifi Realtek8188ETV , RK3188T;FW: wasser-firmware-kr42-new-1.0.3

Comment

If it is interesting for you my stock 720p ROM provides me with
                  Cpu : 312 - 1608
                  Ram: 456

I was going to open dispute with my seller, who tricked me with "T" too.
                  But my device show me 1608 with stock FW and I cannot remove heatsink from RK chip in order to get 100% evidence.
                  pff... my mistake - i'm not using sicks stock kernel... i'm using kernel that was with neo's rom 1.9a...

basically my mistake, but when i started to change roms, i didn't make recovery and now i don't have stock rom/kertnel what was originally with my device... i tried to install "original" firmware and that ended with screen flickering...

Comment

pff... my mistake - i'm not using sicks stock kernel... i'm using kernel that was with neo's rom 1.9a...

basically my mistake, but when i started to change roms, i didn't make recovery and now i don't have stock rom/kertnel what was originally with my device... i tried to install "original" firmware and that ended with screen flickering...
                    If you speak Russian you can also ask for stock in http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=470437 or I can help you to do.
                    Edit: Eexcuse me, here is a link http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=474880

Comment

If you speak Russian you can also ask for stock in http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=470437 or I can help you to do.
                      We are Easter Europa, in Latvia ~1/3 of people are Russians, in Riga it's almost 50%... i'm speaking Russian, but it takes me little bit more time to read in kirlic... thank's for advice, i will check that forum too...

Comment

We are Easter Europa, in Latvia ~1/3 of people are Russians, in Riga it's almost 50%... i'm speaking Russian, but it takes me little bit more time to read in kirlic... thank's for advice, i will check that forum too...
                        Try to read these two post from there:

Comment

Hi d33,
                          Probably it can help you.
                          I tried to read Dmesg file from my old died device with full 3188 chip had been flased with old wasser's kernel
                          My finding is that there are the same two lines like my new "T" device has now with 4.2.2:
                          <4>[ 1.085074] DVFS MSG: core: dvfs_adjust_table_lmtvolt get leakage_level = 2
                          <4>[ 1.092049] DVFS MSG: aclk_gpu: dvfs_adjust_table_lmtvolt get leakage_level = 2

Comment

Blacklist of locked Down Version´s of RK3188 CPU

Hmmm maybe I ought to add a full eFuse dump into the DMESG and then NEOMODE can write an app to read it and translate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Donate to Finless

Comment

GeekBuying is your best provider of TV Box, streaming player, and home theatre PC. Designed for home entertainment, these boxes can play well with your Kodi (XBMC). We are the official partner with top brands like Minix, Tronsmart, Beelink, Rikomagic, etc.

Check out the specs on this new one on geek site, noticed all 3188T now listed as model t not many offering the standard 3188 anymore. Even funny that rockchip refused to release specs for the T model makes me think they know faulty 100 percent. D33 showing leak levels confirmed it as well, good job guys manufactures and chipset company may not love you guys but we do!!!!!!!
                              Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

I get the picture more and more complete with the T-Model. Of course only a theory.
                                Rockship sold from the beginning two rk3188 versions, one with 1.6 and one with 1.8 GHz, nothing else. I think, they keep all the weaker samples in stock until last summer. Then they began to sell them as 1.6 rk3188 locked down to 1.4. Thats fraud, but we need more than 3 month to notice that . What the sellers know about that trick, nobody will know. Then we hear suddenly from a T-Model only not working with retina tablet, but that was only part of the story. Finally they sell them correct as 1.4 model T.
                                Now they have most of there garbage sold from stock and they can move on to rk32xx. Customers get the leftover T-Models very cheap and the rare rk3188 stable cpus for the highend TV-Boxes like minix and of course in the- tablets for a solid price.

JDfense ----> colorfly e708 q1

Comment

Working...
                                X