• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Minix Neo X7 Quickshot v2 Rom by The Nitro Team

Originally posted by Theklavej View Post
    How the #ยค&"Y could that happen?

was all good yesterday evening.

i only have xunity and a few xbmchub addons + using the modded confluence skin..

its just damn weird.

anyone experienced this ?
    What happend? Explain

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk

Comment

Yes, I agree with benster1, please explain a little more, I dont understand what happened to you
      REMEMBER, YOUR FEEDBACK IS VERY IMPORTANT TO US.
      My devices:
      Minix Neo X7; Minix Neo X8-H , Minix Neo Z64W & Z64 (Sponsored by Minix)
      MK902 & MK902II(Sponsored by RKM)
      Beelink M8B & Beelink R89 (Sponsored by Beelink)
      Tronsmart VEGA S89H (Sponsored by
      Gearbest.com)
      MELE-PCG03 (Sponsored by Gearbest.com) Discount Coupon:MPCG03
      Ainol Intel Z3735 MiniPC(Sponsored by Gearbest.com)
      Thanks to them I can try to support your devices http://freaktab.com/core/images/smilies/wink.png

Comment

Originally posted by leolas View Post
        Yes, I agree with benster1, please explain a little more, I dont understand what happened to you
        I could be anything now....
        The cat died, wife left him, lost his job, car broke down, kids asked for more money, or something with his x7, or x wife.... Hahhaaha

Comment

deleted all xbmc settings by... itself?

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
          What happend? Explain

I would say: it is quickshot v2 flashed. Its a x7 from october. It had standard 008 firmware on, then => quickshot v2 efter deleting NAND.

Worked pretty good for a week or so. I use both Beyond XBMC 2.9 and the preinstalled minix xbmc from nitro team.
          they use seperate install folders and paths for everything (i suppose) so that shouldnt be a problem.
          They were NOT used at the same time, to avoid any potential problems.
          I mainly worked with Beyond XBMC and installed: Icefilm, mashup, sportsdevil, ok ok and that xxx devil, danish liveTV and a few other things.
          It ran for 5-6 days pretty good actually. updated the stuff in XBMC. My library and the addons
          I have installed retroarc and no frills and overclocked only to minimum 1.2 to 1.6.
          Yesterday i experienced a few freezes inside an addon were i scrolled around - it was one from Xunity repo - where nothing could move. Had to reboot. at the time ALL of my library of 1023 movies was all updated, so was my add-ons in XBMC.
          When booting up today, i lost ALL my settings of XBMC - both installs even. and again, they work in seperate directories.
          My no frill and retroarch was still there. I also saw a lot of garbarge icons in the "home folder" in ES.
          It seems something was deleted during the freeze / reboot.
          When i looked in settings => apps, i had like 10 gb of "deleted" apps.. whatever that could be, i dont recall deleted THAT much at all.

I cant be more specific, cause i honestly have no clue what the 3452gdwgj went wrong.
          For test sake, i just installed Finless 1.8 and will around with that, until i get back to this rom again soon.
          What kind of layout for storage is actually made in these units?
          internal SDCARD has all downloaded apps i suppose?
          Is there a "map" of the inner memory of an android unit like Minix?

cheers.

Comment

I would say: it is quickshot v2 flashed. Its a x7 from october. It had standard 008 firmware on, then => quickshot v2 efter deleting NAND.

Worked pretty good for a week or so. I use both Beyond XBMC 2.9 and the preinstalled minix xbmc from nitro team.
            they use seperate install folders and paths for everything (i suppose) so that shouldnt be a problem.
            They were NOT used at the same time, to avoid any potential problems.
            I mainly worked with Beyond XBMC and installed: Icefilm, mashup, sportsdevil, ok ok and that xxx devil, danish liveTV and a few other things.
            It ran for 5-6 days pretty good actually. updated the stuff in XBMC. My library and the addons
            I have installed retroarc and no frills and overclocked only to minimum 1.2 to 1.6.
            Yesterday i experienced a few freezes inside an addon were i scrolled around - it was one from Xunity repo - where nothing could move. Had to reboot. at the time ALL of my library of 1023 movies was all updated, so was my add-ons in XBMC.
            When booting up today, i lost ALL my settings of XBMC - both installs even. and again, they work in seperate directories.
            My no frill and retroarch was still there. I also saw a lot of garbarge icons in the "home folder" in ES.
            It seems something was deleted during the freeze / reboot.
            When i looked in settings => apps, i had like 10 gb of "deleted" apps.. whatever that could be, i dont recall deleted THAT much at all.

I cant be more specific, cause i honestly have no clue what the 3452gdwgj went wrong.
            For test sake, i just installed Finless 1.8 and will around with that, until i get back to this rom again soon.
            What kind of layout for storage is actually made in these units?
            internal SDCARD has all downloaded apps i suppose?
            Is there a "map" of the inner memory of an android unit like Minix?

cheers.
            Quiet a story... Reflash i guess.
            And why use 2 xbmc?, makes no sense. Maybe thats what got screwed up...

Comment

hehe

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
              I could be anything now....
              The cat died, wife left him, lost his job, car broke down, kids asked for more money, or something with his x7, or x wife.... Hahhaaha

dog pooed in my yard. Wife still here. Job perfect. Car works (still). Kids ALWAYS ask for money. thats why i have 2 x apple-tvยดs. 3 x android boxes and no room for myself !

the reason i used two.. well not simultainously was that i did not know which one would work the best at the time.

so far, it seems Beyond is the smoothest though.

Comment

dog pooed in my yard. Wife still here. Job perfect. Car works (still). Kids ALWAYS ask for money. thats why i have 2 x apple-tvยดs. 3 x android boxes and no room for myself !

the reason i used two.. well not simultainously was that i did not know which one would work the best at the time.

so far, it seems Beyond is the smoothest though.
                Gladd you take it like a sport....

Comment

The rom is stable and working great, is there any update on DTS/DD audio passthrough for XBMC on this rom? or future improvement?

Comment

Originally posted by Bentalk View Post
                    The rom is stable and working great, is there any update on DTS/DD audio passthrough for XBMC on this rom? or future improvement?
                    I took libmedia.so from the 009 ota update and made a patch
                    Can you test it?
                    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Just rename the file to quickshot-update.zip, put it in /sdcard and reboot.
                    The system will boot, you will see the bootanimation and the system will reboot into cwm recovery.
                    The patch will be applied. If the recovery doesn't reboot automatically, just reboot
                    There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Originally posted by daemonium View Post
                      I took libmedia.so from the 009 ota update and made a patch
                      Can you test it?
                      MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Just rename the file to quickshot-update.zip, put it in /sdcard and reboot.
                      The system will boot, you will see the bootanimation and the system will reboot into cwm recovery.
                      The patch will be applied. If the recovery doesn't reboot automatically, just reboot

This sound interesting! Will try that later today, at work now!..
                      HDMI or only SPDIF ?

Comment

try both, my x7 is attached to a computer screen, i have no sound and i can't test :P
                        There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

If you want to buy me a beer, please use this -> https://www.paypalobjects.com/en_US/..._donate_SM.gif

Comment

Hi Team,
                          Thank you for the nice ROM! I'm toattal newbie for android and this ROM is my first custom ROM installed. SO far so good!
                          "
                          One minor observation: I noticed very poor perofrmance of class 10 8GB SDHC SD card under this ROM. Read speed was something like 17Mb/sec, write about 9 MB/sec. After I installed "SD card speed booster" app from play store performance was dramatically improved - read speed about 590 Mb, write about 9-10 MB/sec. App said something about battery setting and I think it also changes default cash block size.

Could you guys please take a look and optimize these settings by default to get a better performance.
                          Thank you for your ROM,
                          Alex

Comment

Originally posted by alexnev View Post
                            Hi Team,
                            Thank you for the nice ROM! I'm toattal newbie for android and this ROM is my first custom ROM installed. SO far so good!
                            "
                            One minor observation: I noticed very poor perofrmance of class 10 8GB SDHC SD card under this ROM. Read speed was something like 17Mb/sec, write about 9 MB/sec. After I installed "SD card speed booster" app from play store performance was dramatically improved - read speed about 590 Mb, write about 9-10 MB/sec. App said something about battery setting and I think it also changes default cash block size.

Could you guys please take a look and optimize these settings by default to get a better performance.
                            Thank you for your ROM,
                            Alex
                            Nice find, i will look into that BTW 590mb? strange value
                            Thanks!

Comment

I'm doing some test changing the cache value from 128 to 1024/2048/4096/8192 on two sdcards, class 2 and class 6.
                              The only value increased is reading speed, but the improvement is very little. Making the sdcard work this little faster will make no difference.

I need someone else to do the speed test.

Comment

DTS ?

Hi guys,

Does DTS passthrough via SPDiF (while having HDMI for video) work with this ROM ?

Comment

Working...
                                X