Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's one idea to share with you.

Pick which ROM you want to flash...if you are on the 3.0...stick with it.

Download the 3.1 ROM and take the kernel from it...the 407 kernel. The 3.0 ROM has the 406 kernel.

With the flash tool, you can flash only the kernel (without erasing IDB). You can go back and forth between kernels and see if you notice anything different. Just figure out a way to keep track of which kernel you have.

You can name the 3.0 kernel kernel406.img...and name the 3.1 kernel kernel407.img and direct the flash tool to whichever one you want.

Maybe our kernel experts can make a batch of custom kernels for each one to try. (Hint)
    Randy
    Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
    Read my BIO Here
    Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
    Donate here

Comment

If someone can provide the 407 kernel in a separate download that would be very much appreciated

Comment

I have it. I will upload shortly.

Stay Tuned!!!!!!!
        Randy
        Read my BIO Here
        Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
        Donate here

Comment

Here is kernel 406:

Download

Here is what I understand to be kernel 407:

Download

Can someone please check it to verify?
          Last edited by rrileypm; 05-27-2014, 02:26.
          Randy
          Read my BIO Here
          Donate here

Comment

I just flashed this 3.0 and titanium says I have no root access?

Never mind, restarted and it fixed

Comment

Just in case you missed it...I've closed the 3.1 thread for now...since I'm pretty sure it is from an identical firmware as 3.0.

If you flashed 3.1, there's no need to flash back to 3.0...we are, in fact talking about the same ROM...I did everything the same on both.

If you want to experiment with the kernels, I placed links to them in post #49, and I will add them to post #1.
              Randy
              Read my BIO Here
              Donate here

Comment

Originally posted by f0k4l View Post
                I just flashed this 3.0 and titanium says I have no root access?

Never mind, restarted and it fixed
                Yeah, I had the same thing, all the apps that need roots didn't work. SuperSU told me that the binaries are not installed.

I tried the 3.1 and it is rooted.

Comment

I have a lot of reboots with the V3.1, I thought it was from the kernel ( even though it says #406 ), so I reflashed the 3.1 with the kernel from the V3 because I didn't have any reboot with the V3. But it still reboots So, I think that there's something wrong in the V3.1.

Comment

I can't really explain what's going on with your tablet...both ROM's should be the same. If 3.0 works better, go back to it.
                    Randy
                    Read my BIO Here
                    Donate here

Comment

The problem I have with the V3 is the bootanimation, I tried to delete it with many root explorers and ADB but no root access, as the rom is not rooted

Don't think I'm blaming you, you're doing a great job

Comment

Did you happen to update supersu? If so, you need to open the app and update the su binary. I thought I had the latest release.

Sent from my U8 using Tapatalk
                        Randy
                        Read my BIO Here
                        Donate here

Comment

XP

Any new news, user review about this rom? Got so much to do to just revert to my current M7pro rom with M9pro oc kernel.
                          Just wanting to save time and be in two places at the same time.

TIA, kudos amigos!
                          M8pro
                          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

where did this pop up?

Hey Randy,
                            I thought everyone had gone quiet on 2.7.2 and here you all are on V3.0!! Downloading now and will report in as soon as I can, but no cables in the office today (arrgghh - how stupid that we have to carry around special cables!!) Anyway, it looks like Pipo have fixed the write to SD card issue that WAS going to trash this tablet for me. I Had just installed an SDfix ap, but it did notfix the ability to open/edit and resave a spreadheet onto the SD card, so I am hoping this new ROM will. Will report back tomorrow or next day - Cheers for now,
                            Colin

Comment

Hello, yesterday I installed the 3.1 altogether, just to see the difference ... but nothing ... so this morning I flashed the kernel # 407 and I can tell you that everything works, there is just that the backgrounds (which are finally mobile) are not centered but displaced orbits ....

Comment

Installed

My M9pro keeps on dying on me...
                                M8pro
                                M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Working...
                                X