Pipo M9 Pro RileyROM 3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jak View Post
    Let them update themselves... me too was in that position as I haven't turned on the wifi. When everything finishes their update, the restarts stops. Now I am enjoying the rom. Solved lots of small probs.
    That's why I did. I finally linked my gmail account and it started updating and then restarting in the middle of downloading the updated. Then it restarted when showing Riley's firefighter logo.

I had no choice but to uninstall and tried RR 2.7 KitKat. Same thing, restarts upon restarts. So now I'm back to 2.6 and everything works smooth again.

Don't get me wrong guys, Riley provides beautiful ROMs and his work is much appreciated. It's just that my Pipo doesn't like the new kernel or whatever changed from 2.6.

Thank you again. Keep up the good work

Comment

Battery drain faster

Hi
      I have a wifi model ( no-3g ) and battery drain faster than with ROM 2.72...
      7% for 2h45 !!!!
      I try with kernel #404# ....

Comment

Weird.. I haven't had a single restart on 3.0 yet. On 2.7.2 it would restart sometimes when trying to do too much. The only thing I've noticed so far is on 3.0 while using HW+ decoder on MX player it doesn't like to be fast forwarded. Oh and you no longer have to disable HW overlays for clash of clans.

Comment

Originally posted by devin View Post
          HiI have a wifi model ( no-3g ) and battery drain faster than with ROM 2.72...7% for 2h45 !!!!I try with kernel #404# ....
          yes lots of drain thats why put tablet in airplane mode when not using itand use greenify

Comment

Updates

Originally posted by madsega View Post
            That's why I did. I finally linked my gmail account and it started updating and then restarting in the middle of downloading the updated. Then it restarted when showing Riley's firefighter logo.

I had no choice but to uninstall and tried RR 2.7 KitKat. Same thing, restarts upon restarts. So now I'm back to 2.6 and everything works smooth again.

Don't get me wrong guys, Riley provides beautiful ROMs and his work is much appreciated. It's just that my Pipo doesn't like the new kernel or whatever changed from 2.6.

Thank you again. Keep up the good work
            Let the updates do their thing before you feed them your account... I did that as I was inches away from going to JB due to the Sudden deaths and restarts... The annoying "unfortunately" problems were gone, so are the restarts and sudden deaths.

Battery... Mine was not eating so much til I used our OC kernels.
            M8pro
            M9pro (current tab)

Comment

M8pro
              M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Where can i find list off kernels

Comment

@Jak, can you please provide us a link to download the overclocked kernel ?

Comment

Let the updates do their thing before you feed them your account... I did that as I was inches away from going to JB due to the Sudden deaths and restarts... The annoying "unfortunately" problems were gone, so are the restarts and sudden deaths.

Battery... Mine was not eating so much til I used our OC kernels.
                    Ok but when connecting to Google Play it asks for account (existing or new)

Even so, with the updates (except Super User) it restarted. It actually restarted when updating Super User. After it restarted and finished installing SU it shut down :/

That's when I changed the rom to 2.7 and eventually to 2.6b

I would only update because of the power button not always waking up on press, problem no longer available in v3. Also I liked how fast booting was in v3

Comment

Originally posted by robinjoo1 View Post
                      Where can i find list off kernels
                      I've just found the link for overclocked kernels, here it is https://www.facebook.com/notes/pipo-...41518722600922

Enjoy

Comment

post #49 I think... Kernel 407
                        M8pro
                        M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Is battery life better?

Comment

Originally posted by blusydays View Post
                            I've just found the link for overclocked kernels, here it is https://www.facebook.com/notes/pipo-...41518722600922

Enjoy
                            link down
                            PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                            PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Wow, much has happened over night!!!!!!!

Sounds like we have a couple of issues related to app updates. But once the apps are updated, everything works, OK?

How about that root problem, is anyone else having trouble keeping your tablet rooted?

About the OC kernels....keep in mind that this ROM was tuned to the 406 kernel. That's your baseline. Take a methodical approach to trying different kernels and keep a record of your results. (especially dealing with older OC kernels). Remember, this new firmware was intended to fix certain problems, which may return if you flash an older kernel.
                              Randy
                              Freaktab Developer, Product Reviewer, Moderator and "Flashaholic".
                              Read my BIO Here
                              Be sure to donate to support Freaktab.com. If any of my development work makes a positive difference for you, please make a donation to support future RileyROM's.
                              Donate here

Comment

You are correct! # 49 is 407 kernel. I flashed the kernel only and it now say 407. Can`t see any difference though...

Edit: Works very nicely. X-plore crashed everytime in #406, works fine now.

Comment

Working...
                                X