X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kumnamutata View Post
    Thanx, rrileypm, for your superb work.

Since #407 kernel was installed, LagFix app began to work,
    and overall functionality has been slightly improved.

My AnTuTu benchmark score: 19113

[ATTACH=CONFIG]6486[/ATTACH]
    yeah kernel #407 iss
    definitely
    a Go for me

Comment

Originally posted by csordit View Post
      Hi,
      I have a little problem with this new ROM.
      The Exchange email is not working correctly. The application cannot connect to the exchange server.
      This is the error message when I try to configure the Exchange email:
      “Can’t connect to the server.”
      This function worked perfectly in previous versions.
      Does somebody else experience this mistake?
      Yes, same problem here, cant setup my Hotmail account.

Comment

So Far so Good

Hi All. All is good so far - only 12 hours in so a long way to go on battery tests but the following are working well - OpenVPN, GPS - first fix inside half an hour - write to SD Card no problem - office apps now working properly as is Acrobat editing functions. Quick office crashes when attempting to save - BUT I suspect this is down to Google not the tablet as other apps can read write and save to the SD card - I did not stop it updating when first started which could be the reason as maybe Pipo have butchered the version they have kept with thier ROM? In fact it just restarted and told me the document was not saved properly, so it is definitely a Google restriction - STUPID. I have my flashing cursor back which is great! Deep sleep and fast CPU all working well - will test battery life over the next few days.
        Well done Randy AND PIPO - they seem to have finally been listening to the screaming on this forum and it looks like we at last have a table that works.

Comment

OC kernel

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
          link down
          Just found out that this is a very old kernel we're using dated last December 2013... I used it again, it was the most stable oc kernel we had til before 3.0 came, before this rom M9 pro users in our group uses sir Randy's M7pro rom with the kernels of the M9pro rom, oc'd ofcourse. Those combination was the smoothest so far our tabs got. Now is a smoother/better rom, but I like the UI of M7pro, its much better/cooler (Sir Randy can we port that UI from M7pro to this rom?). With a big drawback with this oc'd kernel on power consumption...

I have set setcpu on 1.6 to conserve but its not quite a solution... and we are all awaiting our friends OC on the 407 kernel.

Here's the oldy moldy oc'd kernel that me and my friends are using now.
          M8pro
          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Exchange option missing on stock email app

Originally posted by csordit View Post
            Hi,
            I have a little problem with this new ROM.
            The Exchange email is not working correctly. The application cannot connect to the exchange server.
            This is the error message when I try to configure the Exchange email:
            “Can’t connect to the server.”
            This function worked perfectly in previous versions.
            Does somebody else experience this mistake?
            Hi there, anyone else with exchange email problems?
            I simply cannot find the "exchange" option when I create a new account with standard email app.
            Other apps work flawlessy but I like more the stock one. Any suggestions?
            Thanks

Comment

exchange

Originally posted by Proteusso View Post
              I simply cannot find the "exchange" option when I create a new account with standard email app.
              Thanks
              I am not sure the standard email app works with Exchange - have you tried adding an account using the [ ] Corporate button at the top of the 'add an account' screen in settings? I can't help any more than that as I don't use exchange myself.

Comment

Thanks
                Why not using the hotmail app? Ok, you have 2 different email apps, but it works at least.

Comment

Originally posted by colinabroad View Post
                  I am not sure the standard email app works with Exchange - have you tried adding an account using the [ ] Corporate button at the top of the 'add an account' screen in settings? I can't help any more than that as I don't use exchange myself.
                  Of course I tried ... nope

Originally posted by STARCOPY View Post
                  Why not using the hotmail app? Ok, you have 2 different email apps, but it works at least.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...thotmail&hl=nl
                  Yes, also Aquamail works without any problem but I was just wondering why Email (working correctly on 2.7.1 and 2.7.2) does not have the exchange option any more.
                  Thanks for your support

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-05-28-12-54-25.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	66.9 KB
ID:	433733

and some errors like this, ill do screenshots .
                    Nobody can find why quick office give error after update

Comment

swap to sd

Kenneth, regarding swap to sd card, check if swapon from a terminal prompt works on android.
                      You'd need to dd a swap file for it first, there are many tutorials for this for full linux on the web.

But keep in mind the sd card is much much slower than nand, and geared towards long term storage. If the kernel did swap out a large app there things may grind to a halt for seconds while you wait for the I/O to catch up. Also if the card gets ejected without you running swapoff first it will crash the kernel and you would need to reboot.

Reports on the gps sound good for 3.0, how about the compass?

Comment

Battery drains

Hello,
                        I tried 406 and 407, battery runs down very quickly. Antutu worse than with KK 2.7.1. Also no GPS now on 407, didn't look when on 406. I dont understand how results can be so differents from one another of us.

Comment

OC kernel

OC kernel from 2.5.2 meant to power save too.. working perfectly fine, and the drain is no more than what should be.

Kernel tinkered by sir JN.

One thing though, antutu score seems to be lower, but tab overall performance says otherwise.

Anyone care to try this one? An OC kernel for 2.7.2 made to power save too. I thought I was using this one... I'm using the kernel up there.

M8pro
                          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Exchange Mail Issue

Yes, also Aquamail works without any problem.
                            Hey, I do NOT know any technical part.
                            I'm using K-@ mail, which enabling to link both gmail and hotmail without any issue.
                            I freezed the system mail apps (gmail and email).
                            Reckon it could be the time to consider a change to Aquamail or K-@mail or other similar mail system.

Click image for larger version

Name:	K-@Mail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.7 KB
ID:	433734

Comment

Originally posted by Jak View Post
                              OC kernel from 2.5.2 meant to power save too.. working perfectly fine, and the drain is no more than what should be.Kernel tinkered by sir JN.https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffv5qi2hdn...dr720-25mV.imgOne thing though, antutu score seems to be lower, but tab overall performance says otherwise.Anyone care to try this one? An OC kernel for 2.7.2 made to power save too. I thought I was using this one... I'm using the kernel up there.https://www.dropbox.com/s/jifnyryjjy...600_ddr720.img
                              plz say wich kernel you using 1 or 2 one

Comment

Quick Office Error

Originally posted by armspecial View Post
                                Nobody can find why quick office give error after update
                                Why not try with Polaris Office v5.1.8?
                                It's good as much as quick office.
                                Moreover, it's free app.
                                It's working well with our Pipo tablet.

Last edited by kumnamutata; 05-28-2014, 17:17. Reason: statement typo

Comment

Working...
                                X