• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jak View Post
    My M9pro keeps on dying on me...
    to move from 3.0 to 3.1 I did two "Erase nand (idb)"

Comment

did not

Nope, did not do that, I finally installed all backup... I hope the dying part stops now or I pfff.... just and it did just died while writing this... I was currently rebooting. Fast boot is good though.
      M8pro
      M9pro (current tab)

Comment

kernel used on the official pipo download site (PiPO M9pro_update_andriod4.4_20140504.img) is #406 as i flashed kernel.img right now so i don`t know where #407 came from

dear randy...can we have swap file support on the m9pro kernel?

I use ram manager pro and it says that swap file support is unavailable...swapping to external sd is cool plus having more than 2GB of ram is better too
        PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
        PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

Rooting M9pro kitkat 4.4.2

Originally posted by eekram08 View Post
          i know but i want a rooted stock rom... not a custom rom... so any suggestions how to root kitkat?
          You can try the VROOT for me working perfect. http://vroot.soft112.com/

Comment

Good enuf

It's not JB smooth but its fine to use now, after all the updates done, its good to go, not dying instantly anymore. Gonna abuse this one tonight. Maybe try out our oc kernel by sir Jay Navea from our FB group Pipo PH.

Thanks Randy, we appreciate it alotta!!!
            M8pro
            M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
              kernel used on the official pipo download site (PiPO M9pro_update_andriod4.4_20140504.img) is #406 as i flashed kernel.img right now so i don`t know where #407 came from
              I do not know where that came from.
              As I wrote in post # 23 ( before Randy release RR3.1), downloaded image from Pipo (PiPO M9pro_update_andriod4.4_20140504) extracted and flashed resulting kernel...is #406, Randy has included this version in RR 3.0.
              I just sent an hour ago an email to Anna Ye with this problem, maybe she will clarify this for us.

Comment

enjoying RileyROM 3.0...

PROUD owner of PiPO M9 Pro
                PiPO P9 best tablet ever owned!!!

PiPO Tablet Freak and Flashaholic!

Comment

First of all, thank you Randy for all your hard work.

Unfortunately, this ROM is a no-go for me. 5 restarts in 7 minutes is not really what I was looking for
                  Every time after 30sec - 1 minute of use it would hard restart itself (even with factory reset). Clicked settings -> restart, clicked on gallery -> restart, [...] the last time it shut down for good while trying to connect to wifi.

Going back to RR2.6 where everything was great, just the unlock button was fiddly

Cheers.

Comment

restarts

Restarts are temporary. after all the google updates finishes, the restarts stops. Using the 3.1 with 407 kernel is quite smooth. Now using the oc kernel from RR 2.5.2 to make everything smooth, at the cost of the battery. darn!
                    M8pro
                    M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Originally posted by Jak View Post
                      Restarts are temporary. after all the google updates finishes, the restarts stops. Using the 3.1 with 407 kernel is quite smooth. Now using the oc kernel from RR 2.5.2 to make everything smooth, at the cost of the battery. darn!
                      Problem is that I can't get to the step of updating anything. Power, Google Play, Use existing email, insert email, when to insert password -> shutdown

Comment

Originally posted by Kenneth View Post
                        enjoying RileyROM 3.0...

Put yer clothes on Kenneth!! It cannot be as hot as it i here!! we are at 35deg with85% humidity - thank goodness for AC!
                        I am just adding titaniumso I can restore folowing a nightmare. Would not erase NanD,ot Pipo rom loaded, then started loading RR3.0 and it stopped 25K in - thought I had bricked it but the old trick with a toothpick and various combations of power/esc got meback up & running. Will report in when all is OK - need to get vpn runnngout of china to download titanuim !

Comment

update

Originally posted by madsega View Post
                          Problem is that I can't get to the step of updating anything. Power, Google Play, Use existing email, insert email, when to insert password -> shutdown
                          Let them update themselves... me too was in that position as I haven't turned on the wifi. When everything finishes their update, the restarts stops. Now I am enjoying the rom. Solved lots of small probs.
                          M8pro
                          M9pro (current tab)

Comment

Existe some kitkat rom with support multiwindow? I need it, but my tablet all the time freeze on JB roms and i have to very frequently press reset button. On kitkat rom everything work fine, but kitkat don't have multiwindow
                            Last edited by maniuto; 05-27-2014, 14:07.

Comment

Broken Apps

1. Stock Launcher cant view in portrait mode.

2. Some apps from JellyBean and restored using titanium backup are broken.

Is it really like this?

Comment

everything is fine no reboots

Comment

Working...
                                X