NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TWRP recovery

First of all great work! This rom really improved my minix enormously.
    Everything ready to go from get go, very impressive.

Few minor details, the standard install unchanged gave me a black screen although i do have 1080p Toshiba tv. Having set the 720 rom made it run perfectly, the display option showed 1080p nonetheless which is somewhat confusing.

As for TWRP... how does one operate it? Do i need to buy a wired usb keyboard? If so which one do you suggest?

I tried installing the deodex patch using the suggested rename to update.zip which indeed causes the system to try and load it. However it gives an error message it's not a valid package.

I checked, the zip is intact and without errors.

Which is why i tried TWRP... and got stuck there not being able to operate it.

Thanks for this great piece of work anyroad!

Comment

How do I flash without rkbatchtool? Because i can't install rk drivers on my win.8.1. I tried almost everything.
      I am on old 1.6 finless rom?

Comment

Hi.
        I bought a Neo X7 last week.
        I tried it one day and then I flashed Finless 1.9 rom.
        Everything ok, I just have 2 problems.
        One is related to 5.1 sound, I have no sound coming from rear speaker and subwoofer, but looking around i found that almost everybody have this problem with other roms too.
        The second thing is different... X7 can read all my usb keys, fat32 or NTFS, and also a 80GB NTFS disk. When I try to connect my LaCie 1TB hard drive I get an error that says: "Sorry, current OTG USB device format is not supported, it supports only FAT32 now".
        That's strange, I'm quite sure that on original rom it worked, my HD movies are stored there and I used it the first day when I tried to play HD videos...

Comment

Try HWG 5 rom. ;-)

Comment

Hi everyone!!! This is the rom for me. After flashing every last one of roms on freaktab and official minix roms this is the one I can recommend to all!!!

Together with hls streaming it is the complete package....

Thanks bob and thanks minix!!

Comment

bottom bar

I cant seem to get the bottom bar to stay put, I go into settings and hide it and then unhide it and it pops up. After a reboot it resorts to the way it was. Any way to get it to stay on screen?

Comment

Re: NEW - Minix Neo X7 - Finless 1.9 ROM

Originally posted by benster1 View Post
                Hi everyone!!! This is the rom for me. After flashing every last one of roms on freaktab and official minix roms this is the one I can recommend to all!!!

Together with hls streaming it is the complete package....

Thanks bob and thanks minix!!
                Hi, what makes you prefer this one over HWG5? Just to know what you find important in a rom and see whether I should consider flashing it.

Personally, I like hwg5 as it plays (so far) all my movies seamlessly, and it streams npo, etc also good.

Comment

Originally posted by Odyon View Post
                  Hi, what makes you prefer this one over HWG5? Just to know what you find important in a rom and see whether I should consider flashing it.

Personally, I like hwg5 as it plays (so far) all my movies seamlessly, and it streams npo, etc also good.
                  Finless 1.9 based on fw10.
                  Hwg 5 based on older fw.
                  Its just that....
                  Both roms are good.

Comment

so nobody else is having problem reading 1TB ntfs hard drives?

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
                      No

Comment

Originally posted by Soul Reaver View Post
                        Using Astro i can read all my NTFS drives on the network 2tb's included

Comment

i have 32 GB ext. SDHC, 3 TB HDD (3,5) and a 500 GB HDD (2,5) without problems

Robert Lemke | Cologne (Ger)

Comment

I think I've bricked my unit

hi can some give some advice,
                            so i flashed the rom and all good, accessed the apps screen then froze,
                            since then cannot get into recovery nothing, tried soft unbrick, will not read my player. its like its lost all form of communication with anything inc rkbatch tool the lot,
                            please help

thanks in advance

Comment

How is netflix working in this fw ? Does it initial have a scrambled screen ?

Thx Kar

Comment

Anybody got popcorn time up n running on this rom?

Comment

Working...
                                X